CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TheUniversityofSC
COCKYTALKIN
Gamecocks1137
Lonnie
garnet_black215
spareparts
markymark550
MWard
Spurticus
WeStill0wnUSC
Another A&M aggi (2147)
Green and Lammons (2018)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Comporium (736)
Dawg DL man arrested (545)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (463)
Nashville (403)
It's Cover Two's bda (389)
Georgia DE Jonathan (310)
Stephen Garcia AMA o (196)
2015 - Zack Bailey
Another A&M aggie off
Georgia DE Jonathan Taylo
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
Asheville/Spartanburg eat
2015 - Johnny Frasier
2015 - Marquavius Lewis
Official SEC Network and
Boosting OOC schedule str
Spurrier Responds to Dabo

Old 01-07-2014, 10:56 PM   #1
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree
Default Texas booster Red McCombs bashes Charlie Strong Hire

I couldn't believe the Audio when I heard it. This is why Texas is the most hated program in college football. The entitlement is sickening.

They act like the biggest NFL coaches and college coaches are going to drop everything they are doing and start duking it out because the job in Austin is open.

Personally I thought the Strong hire was very good, but apparently the some of the folks in Austin don't think so. We all know about Strong though, Red McCombs says he thinks that Charlie "would be a good position coach", and that the hire was "a kick in the face".

Im positive that 80% of their fan base, including this booster don't realize that Charlie is a proven commodity in the SEC with a decade worth of work. Charlie has earned everything he's gotten, and I hope he proves the ALL wrong. Im sure he will.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ie-strong-hire
Old 01-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #2
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Texas booster Red McCombs bashes Charlie Strong Hire

Welcome to Austin, Charlie.
garnet_black215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:17 PM   #3
uscsabres
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his combuscsabres is developing his comb

McCombs obviously has a problem with having a head coach that's so melanin-enriched. This has nothing to do with his abilities as a coach.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:30 PM   #4
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

This guy is an idiot. If he and the boosters are so football savvy then he should know Strong has been a coordinator for over 10 years and a head coach for 4 years. So no he shouldn't be a position coach. I don't know if it is racism or what but this guy is a fool. The thing about Strong, is he has been screwed over by schools because of his race and then by others for being married to a white woman.

Strong earned the Texas job and I hope he shows this booster how dumb he is and then leaves Texas high and dry. It would make me so happy if he kick ass over the next 2 years and then ditched them for at he NFL or some other college job.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:35 PM   #5
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightohhthree View Post
I couldn't believe the Audio when I heard it. This is why Texas is the most hated program in college football. The entitlement is sickening.

They act like the biggest NFL coaches and college coaches are going to drop everything they are doing and start duking it out because the job in Austin is open.

Personally I thought the Strong hire was very good, but apparently the some of the folks in Austin don't think so. We all know about Strong though, Red McCombs says he thinks that Charlie "would be a good position coach", and that the hire was "a kick in the face".

Im positive that 80% of their fan base, including this booster don't realize that Charlie is a proven commodity in the SEC with a decade worth of work. Charlie has earned everything he's gotten, and I hope he proves the ALL wrong. Im sure he will.

The real question is how far down the original list was Charlie. Maybe we have all over thought this Texas job.....with clowns like this, what makes this job so great.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:48 PM   #6
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

They want a kiss a$$ but Charlie isn't what they envision as being the schmoozer or sycophant to lead them.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:08 AM   #7
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

Texas is about to start raking in number 1 recruiting classes. I would also wager a national title for Texas within 5 years.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:18 AM   #8
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 720
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

He'll be kissing his ass in a year or so.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:35 AM   #9
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 317
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Strong has the skills. I hope he proves them all wrong and then bolts on them in 2-3 years. "...Mike Jooooooones"
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:58 AM   #10
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Charlie is a football coach not a PR guy....I'm not sure how well that's going over with some of their wealthy alums.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:07 AM   #11
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Hey, it's Texas. Amazing how rich alumni sometimes think their money and donations allow them to trump the decisions of people tasked with doing the job. Big ego owners of pro sports teams have often found their meddling to be counter-productive.

Last edited by Goofyboy; 01-08-2014 at 01:56 AM.
Goofyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:11 AM   #12
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
We have boosters that have a lot of knowledge about the game.
Holy shit being Texas AD must suck.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:18 AM   #13
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightohhthree View Post

Wonder what they would have said if they Hired Spurrier. THIS IS AWESOME.. is something that comes to mind.. too bad for them lol
Old 01-08-2014, 01:25 AM   #14
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly

With Red's comments aside, Strong was a very underwhelming hire for Texas. Doesn't mean for one second that he won't do well, because he probably will, but it is a long way from a home run hire.....maybe more like legging out a double because the outfielder took too long getting the ball back in to the cutoff man.
usctiburon03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:59 AM   #15
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

From what I've seen of Strong, he's more of a player's coach and a hard worker than a kisser of important hindparts or a schmoozer. Maybe that doesn't play in Texas.
Goofyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:23 AM   #16
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
From what I've seen of Strong, he's more of a player's coach and a hard worker than a kisser of important hindparts or a schmoozer. Maybe that doesn't play in Texas.
this is exactly what I'm thinking too.....
Old 01-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #17
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsabres View Post
McCombs obviously has a problem with having a head coach that's so melanin-enriched. This has nothing to do with his abilities as a coach.
That was my thought.
Texas got a damn good coach in Strong...I expect them to be competing for national titles again very soon. NOt next year, but in three years, Texas will be back.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #18
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
I gurantee it will start playing when he start winning and kicking the crap out of Oklahoma.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #19
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Hope he has one really good season and bolts for the nfl.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:54 PM   #20
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Strong is a good coach with a lot of potential. But you don't land gigs at TX based on potential. I think the booster should be pissed at the Texas AD and not Strong.