CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
spareparts
johnnyb
Aggie96
SuperCockMaster
jebodiah
Spurticus
Master Bedroom
75CarolinaFan
Spurrier_Superior_On
Devonte Holloman Ret (2608)
JD & DJ Getting (1167)
I have not bought in (1117)
Aggie looking forwar (1115)
Article on Shaw & (1091)
Cockaboose Owners (1020)
and the #1 2014 acc (902)
I'm thinking we're g (789)
SEC East QB's Ranked (732)
Clemson OT to transf (537)
Aggie looking forward to
I have not bought into ou
and the #1 2014 acc must
Clemson OT to transfer
Stubhub tickets for a&
Kentucky Tickets
wbb - Ibiam & Welch p
SEC East QB's Ranked
Come and get your Johnny
WR Depth Chart/Rotation

Old 01-08-2014, 03:06 AM   #41
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor Mitch, next big thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
Yeh good for you, did you or Jimmy Kimmel write that.
Was that a question or a statement?
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:06 AM   #42
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
Was that a question or a statement?
Yep Jimmy Kimmel wrote it for you.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:10 AM   #43
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
LOL!
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:18 AM   #44
McBrain
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
McBrain is sharpening his clawsMcBrain is sharpening his clawsMcBrain is sharpening his clawsMcBrain is sharpening his claws

Everett Golson had a game against North Myrtle Beach where he was 26-30 for 400+ yards and 8 total touchdowns, in less than three quarters. Where he completed his first 11 passes, 4 of which were touchdowns...as a sophomore.

So, assuming Mitch maintains his academic integrity it might bode well for us. Or what he did in high school could be almost meaningless when he steps onto the field against a defense with 11 D-1 caliber players.
McBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:26 AM   #45
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBrain View Post
Everett Golson had a game against North Myrtle Beach where he was 26-30 for 400+ yards and 8 total touchdowns, in less than three quarters. Where he completed his first 11 passes, 4 of which were touchdowns...as a sophomore.

So, assuming Mitch maintains his academic integrity it might bode well for us. Or what he did in high school could be almost meaningless when he steps onto the field against a defense with 11 D-1 caliber players.
Highly doubt it is meaningless.. I mean if that is the case then everyone we ever recruited based on anything was meaningless.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:32 AM   #46
McBrain
Walk On

Male

McBrain is sharpening his clawsMcBrain is sharpening his clawsMcBrain is sharpening his clawsMcBrain is sharpening his claws

I'm pretty sure he was recruited based on talent and potential, not the fact that he had an amazing game against the NC School for the Blind.
McBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:37 AM   #47
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Nosovitch was a Parade All-American, but that's about all he accomplished in high school.
He has a few PA high school passing records, which says something with all the qbs who played HS ball in PA.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:41 AM   #48
GXXN SQXVD
Walk On

Male

GXXN SQXVD is learning to peckGXXN SQXVD is learning to peck

Quote:

ILICISCOMK

I Laughed, I Cried, I Spat Coffee On My Keyboard
GXXN SQXVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:44 AM   #49
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Has anyone seen Jacob Park throw in these all star games......he's ranked #2 in the country I think......that's all I'm going to say.
Nos doesn't have Mitch's zip, but has unreal mobility, great touch and great accuracy, he broke records in a state that has supplied QBs from Namath to Montana and got a scholarship offer from our coaches, which Park hasn't but Connor Shaw did, even as he was snubbed in the recruitting services. They say the two guys coming up (Mitch and Noso) are the most promising we've had.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:46 AM   #50
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Has anyone seen Jacob Park throw in these all star games......he's ranked #2 in the country I think......that's all I'm going to say.
Oh, and over the off season and into the season alot of people said Nos was pushing to try to show out, but he had a reputation last season of carving up the starting D on the scout team.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:49 AM   #51
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
Kept the ball on two seperate zone read plays and bowled over defenders to get into the endzone this year. Parade All-American that set a ton of QB records in Pennsylvania (Dan Marino and Terrelle Pryor just a couple of the many talented QBs to come out of that state).

Looked good in the spring game and heard a bunch of talk about him during the past two fall camps. Like that he brings a similar skill set that Shaw had so that the zone read can still be run effectively.

I still don't understand why this thread wasn't added onto the other QB discussion thread. Admins slacking
Don't forget, a coach and I think Legree said that he did work during last years bowl practice while he was redshirting.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:29 AM   #52
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

Wiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudlyWiz Khalifa is crowing loudly

I like Dylan and his attitude on and off the field.
I like Nosovitch when it comes to a mbile ability and an athletic side

I REALLY LIKE the potential of Connor Mitch and I think you will hear in the spring he is the most impressive QB and will grow a relationship with the receivers over the summer and then win the battle in the fall.

Just my opinionated prediction lol

Old 01-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #53
CocoCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 8450
CocoCock is developing his combCocoCock is developing his combCocoCock is developing his combCocoCock is developing his combCocoCock is developing his combCocoCock is developing his combCocoCock is developing his combCocoCock is developing his combCocoCock is developing his combCocoCock is developing his comb

I usually dont jump in on these QB threads but i was looking over highlights again after reading this post....

I like Dylan alot and would love to see him excel this season and hopefully we see him become a phenom but IMO, if Nos and Mitch are motivated, Dylan will have quite a challenge fending them off.

I am excited about all the talent we have in and coming in. Nothing against Nos, he has spider like agility and looks damn good running but personally, I am excited about the things Mitch can do with his arm and he looks spectacular throwing on the scramble.Thinking about the potency of a Connor Mitch-Shaq Davidson (this guy is SICK)-Byrd-Jeffery-Cooper potential give the heeby jeebies.

...WOW...plus Wilds and Davis should be beastly next year as well...

Fellas I think we have the potential to be insanely good this coming season.
CocoCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:49 AM   #54
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Highly doubt it is meaningless.. I mean if that is the case then everyone we ever recruited based on anything was meaningless.
You need to pump the brakes a bit. What everyone is trying to say is just chill out and wait to see how he does in the spring and summer/fall. You think this is the first QB we've had who put up gaudy numbers in high school? One name for you...Chris Smelley.

I think Mitch will be a good one, but this effort by some to make him into the next big thing before he even sees the field is incredibly premature. Just sit back, and relax.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #55
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

These things are certain:

Death
Taxes
The Backup QB (or in this case, 3rd string) is the most popular guy on the team
Old 01-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #56
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

I think it boils down to three things. 1 HBC is loyal to Dillion for what he has done. 2. If the HBC go to a Fun and Gun Offense, Conner will start. 3. The first game against Texas A&M will be huge pressure on Dillion. The first game without Shaw, 18 home wins on the line. SEC game. 1st game of the season with national audience. 1st game on SEC TV network. Our #4 ranking on the line. If we lose the HBC will change QB's.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:58 AM   #57
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

If Mitch is the starter come week one than that could only mean he's just too good to keep off the field. With the depth and options we have at the QB position along with Thompson's experience there is no other reason for Mitch to be starting game one against aTm baring injury. But, if the o-line struggles once again or the offense just plain comes out flat I can see Noso being put in to run the Read Option.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:51 AM   #58
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayserv View Post
I think it boils down to three things. 1 HBC is loyal to Dillion for what he has done. 2. If the HBC go to a Fun and Gun Offense, Conner will start. 3. The first game against Texas A&M will be huge pressure on Dillion. The first game without Shaw, 18 home wins on the line. SEC game. 1st game of the season with national audience. 1st game on SEC TV network. Our #4 ranking on the line. If we lose the HBC will change QB's.
Texas A&M will be playing a new QB, not Johnny, and it's a home game. Our O line will be the best it's ever been. Dylan has played in WBS, and he's won there. In fact, he's 3-0, and he beat Clemson and UCF in their houses. I realize that his Mizzou win should belong to Shaw, but consider the Outback and UAB last year and UCF this year. Those wins went into Shaw's column. In the Outback, we were losing when Shaw went out. Dylan came in and threw two passes, including the final TD pass, for the win. We were winning when Shaw went out against UAB, but there was 1/2 a game left. Thompson could have lost that game, but he didn't. At UCF, we were losing 10-0 when Shaw went out. It wasn't the best game Thompson ever played, but we won, and UCF has proven to be an important win. Without that win, we wouldn't be ranked 4th now.

Thompson has the potential to be USC's first undefeated QB, and he helped us end up ranked 4th in the nation this year. Spurrier loves setting records. I'm sure that hasn't escaped his notice.

Does he have room for improvement? Certainly, but he is a proven winner.

BTW, in no way am I bashing Shaw. He had a wonderful season, especially his final three games, and I'm very happy for him. The only way to make a case is to refer to what is in the record books, and I've stated facts. Every player will have good games, mediocre games, and even bad games. If Shaw hadn't used up his four years of eligibility, I'm sure he would still be the starter next season.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:25 PM   #59
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
Texas A&M will be playing a new QB, not Johnny, and it's a home game. Our O line will be the best it's ever been. Dylan has played in WBS, and he's won there. In fact, he's 3-0, and he beat Clemson and UCF in their houses. I realize that his Mizzou win should belong to Shaw, but consider the Outback and UAB last year and UCF this year. Those wins went into Shaw's column. In the Outback, we were losing when Shaw went out. Dylan came in and threw two passes, including the final TD pass, for the win. We were winning when Shaw went out against UAB, but there was 1/2 a game left. Thompson could have lost that game, but he didn't. At UCF, we were losing 10-0 when Shaw went out. It wasn't the best game Thompson ever played, but we won, and UCF has proven to be an important win. Without that win, we wouldn't be ranked 4th now.

Thompson has the potential to be USC's first undefeated QB, and he helped us end up ranked 4th in the nation this year. Spurrier loves setting records. I'm sure that hasn't escaped his notice.

Does he have room for improvement? Certainly, but he is a proven winner.

BTW, in no way am I bashing Shaw. He had a wonderful season, especially his final three games, and I'm very happy for him. The only way to make a case is to refer to what is in the record books, and I've stated facts. Every player will have good games, mediocre games, and even bad games. If Shaw hadn't used up his four years of eligibility, I'm sure he would still be the starter next season.
You forgot about THompson Vs. ECU, his first start where he showed great field vision.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #60
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

The job is Dylans to lose and I don't see that happening. Nosovich is nasty.No other way I can put it.He is Connor with a get rid of the ball attitude.He puts the ball in the pocket on a tight rope.Do not count this kid out.I'm not saying Mitch isn't good but I don't believe moves above Brendan.
airborne09 is offline   Reply With Quote