CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
ertman420
usc90grad
spareparts
MWard
Cunningham wants to (1291)
ESPN article on Clow (965)
Clemson Georgia Game (777)
Mangus now coaching (336)
Can Tennessee get to (255)
Chick Redefines the (218)
Truly Inspiring (195)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (176)
Spread vs. aTm (174)
New Led Zep releases (165)
The Bama series
Mangus now coaching TEs
2015 - Taj Griffin
Playstation 4
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Davon Durant
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It
2 Crazy things

Old 01-07-2014, 08:46 PM   #21
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material
Default Re: what would you wanna see change in 2014

Special teams that are good.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:52 PM   #22
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 990000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Brandon Wilds get the ball more.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:56 AM   #23
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Special teams improvement.

It's what will transform us from a good team to a great one.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:17 AM   #24
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Again I believe Robinson is gone this offseason.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:29 AM   #25
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

A kicker who can kick it out the end zone and a team smart enough to catch the defense when they have 12 men on the field. Even with Connor we never tried to get the easy 5 yards.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:56 AM   #26
dreammachine
Starter

Male

dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

I think that someone has stated that we need to incorporate our tight ends more into our offense as the group that we have are very good and big. I would also like to see our O-Line for once "Man UP' and just beat the tar out of the other teams D-Line and make big holes for our RB's. How can you be 6ft-8inches tall and weigh 325 lbs and not take your guy to the end zone on every play. I am not just talking about Robinson, but the whole O-Line as they need to be a heck of a lot more physical than they have been in the last five or six years. Granted they were better at times this year, but with the studs that we have running the ball, there should be big holes for these guys. I would love to have had Wisconsin O-Line with our RB's this year. Those guys were very good. Special teams have got to get better. We have to be one of the worst teams on covering kick offs and punts in the nation. I would also like us to become more physical on both the offense and defense and get to the ball and gang tackle if your teammate has the other guy stopped and standing him up. I like a defense that swarms to the ball and makes the other team know that they are in for a fight for the whole game. The O-Line should be just as aggressive in their run blocking and getting down field and still continue to hunt heads to block. I want us to be mean, but clean and not become a bunch of thugs. Act like you have done it before when you knock somebody down and don't run 25 yards down the field and pose for the TV camera.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:24 AM   #27
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Brandon Wilds get the ball more.
he almost cost us the Wisconsin game with his 4th quarter fumble.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:27 AM   #28
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
he almost cost us the Wisconsin game with his 4th quarter fumble.....
He is still a great back tho.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:29 AM   #29
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I'll tell you what I want to see changed....make the seats about 4" wider with 3more inches of leg/knee space then charge about 10% more for the trouble.....airlines are starting to do this and it's being very well received.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:30 AM   #30
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
agree....I'm too cold to think clearly....
Old 01-08-2014, 10:53 AM   #31
Garnet Gamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
You've got that right.

I hope we REALLY dial up the number of plays he gets this year.

I'll say it 'til I'm blue in the face -- we need to use Brandon to wear down a defense and then we turn loose the Tasmanian Devil (Davis) to spin, twist and turn... and take it to the house.

Wilds can plow the field.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:05 PM   #32
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

Significantly improved run blocking and special teams play. Come opening game next year, South Carolina will have gone 12 years without a kickoff return TD. 12 Years! That's absurd. Also, when we lost Ace our punt return game plummeted back to terrible. And our punting is atrocious, nearly the worst in the nation.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #33
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Special teams national ranking from 2012 to 2013
62nd to 94th in kickoff returns
106 to 124th in net punting
10th to 114th in punt returns
18th to 69th in opponents punt returns
99 to 92nd in opponents kickoff returns

We are awful in special teams...we went from 10th to next to last in the nation on punt returns. Also, our opponents got better at returns on us as well.

A change in special teams is overdue.

Finally, a team that can run a clock out at the end of a game.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #34
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post

We are awful in special teams...we went from 10th to next to last in the nation on punt returns. Also, our opponents got better at returns on us as well.

this ain't good....SOS always has good things to say about Robinson....go figure.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:54 PM   #35
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post

My biggest complaint.
Against Clemson, we couldn't run it out..needed multiple turnovers.
Against Wisconsin, couldn't run out the clock.

It is kind of like foul shots in basketball...you may only make 65 %, but you make them in the fourth when they count. We don't have to be a dominant run team (though that would be nice) but we need to make the runs count when they matter most...up with 5 minutes to go in a game is when it counts most.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #36
92Pony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 399
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
You've got that right.

I hope we REALLY dial up the number of plays he gets this year.

I'll say it 'til I'm blue in the face -- we need to use Brandon to wear down a defense and then we turn loose the Tasmanian Devil (Davis) to spin, twist and turn... and take it to the house.

Wilds can plow the field.
Agreed.

For the 2013 season, Wilds had 43 carries for 221yds (net). Granted he was injured for several weeks, but he needs way more touches. He's a beast outta the backfield and he's riding the pine, wasting away......

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ason_stats.pdf
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #37
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
I would also like to see our O-Line for once "Man UP' and just beat the tar out of the other teams D-Line and make big holes for our RB's. How can you be 6ft-8inches tall and weigh 325 lbs and not take your guy to the end zone on every play. I am not just talking about Robinson, but the whole O-Line as they need to be a heck of a lot more physical than they have been in the last five or six years. Granted they were better at times this year, but with the studs that we have running the ball, there should be big holes for these guys. I would love to have had Wisconsin O-Line with our RB's this year.
I think this statement just ignores the reality of high-level football. It ignores defensive schemes, the quality of competition, and seems to assume the players lack motivation. Defensive linemen, and especially linebackers don't stand around or rush straight ahead waiting to get pushed "to the end zone."
If we wanted to trade OL with Wisconsin, it would entail a 2 tight end scheme as our base offense and losing 3 of the 7 to graduation this year. We didn't sell out and pack the box against them. They got about their average in run yardage, but were not able to suck us up into vulnerability to big pass plays as they had anticipated. They were good, but I wouldn't trade - now or for the future.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:44 PM   #38
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

I want Coach Spurrier to coach special teams!
Old 01-08-2014, 05:06 PM   #39
GREENVILLE COCKPIT
Injured Reserved

Male

CockyCash: 32251
GREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I'll tell you what I want to see changed....make the seats about 4" wider with 3more inches of leg/knee space then charge about 10% more for the trouble.....airlines are starting to do this and it's being very well received.

Yo u ever been to a game in Knoxville, has got to be the worst place in any stadium to try and watch a game. Like in the old days of trying to see how many people you can cram into a telephone booth ! ! ! ! !
& God forbid if you ever stand up, eventually you turn around to sit down only to find you're about 6 seats away from your own !!

Last edited by GREENVILLE COCKPIT; 01-08-2014 at 05:12 PM. Reason: misspelled
GREENVILLE COCKPIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #40
conwaycock2
Blue Chip

Male

conwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENVILLE COCKPIT View Post

Yo u ever been to a game in Knoxville, has got to be the worst place in any stadium to try and watch a game. Like in the old days of trying to see how many people you can cram into a telephone booth ! ! ! ! !
& God forbid if you ever stand up, eventually you turn around to sit down only to find you're about 6 seats away from your own !!
That's a fact. They added thousands of seat by doing nothing other than renumbering what they already had if I remember correctly. Those seats aren't near wide enough for average people. You put LuLu & Bubba in them & everybody else on the row gets squeezed into the aisle.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote