CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
Master Bedroom
sanford
Acockolypse Now
Rooster'srule
El Cid Ranger
b381l
cocksmith1or11
Order 66
Backup QB competitio (2691)
2014 Preseason USA T (1282)
Ranking the SEC Fema (801)
Anyone heard anythin (765)
Future Non-Conferenc (637)
Spurrier on the cove (421)
What Would You Do? (397)
Ranking the SEC scho (314)
Kewl video (234)
Tupelo Honey Cafe (230)
Anyone heard anything abo
2014 Signee - Joe Blue
Re-Airing South Carolina
Elcid99
Kewl video
Musburger/Palmer to comme
Hello Gamecocks!
An Aggies View of the Mat
Backup QB competition
2015 - Albert Huggins

Old 01-08-2014, 04:25 PM   #41
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: Report: Bobby Patrino back to Louisville

I wonder if Louisville wasn't going to the acc if they would have hired him. I think if they were staying in the aac they woiuld have looked else where. They know they are going to put up points to play with FSU and Clemson. Eventhough he is an arrogant paranoid scumbag he might be the best offensive mind in college football. He wouldn't let the defensive coaches at Louisville the first time see the offensive playbook because he thought they would take it when they left. On the radio they said a former Louisville player said he tried to pressure the kid not to be a pallbearer at a close friends funeral because he would miss practice.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:57 PM   #42
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Clemson has already started

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/threa...17541&tstart=0

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #43
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

We are now going to hear about all the things Petrino has done in the past to piss off people.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #44
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

I think this is a win for Louisville. I expect Petrino to be quite a bit more humble this time around.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #45
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
We are now going to hear about all the things Petrino has done in the past to piss off people.
As well we should, since that's all he seems to do.

From his track record, he is one of the most reprehensible assholes in the recent history of sports. There is virtually no one who has anything positive to say about him in any way, and nearly everything he does is an embarrassing volcano of pure shit.

But hey, if that's what you're into, knock yourself out
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #46
GREENVILLE COCKPIT
Injured Reserved

Male

CockyCash: 32257
GREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPit

Quote:
Nothing like he is gonna piss the ''taters'' off !!!Taters will succomb to 3rd. place in the Atlantic now
Old 01-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #47
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
That's adorable.

I'm glad he's in the ACC and not SEC. Perhaps if he builds (not something he's known to do) UL into a program, since they're in a major conference, that'd be good enough for him and he'll stay, and they'll be able to afford to pay him enough to get him to stay. At least, that's got to be their logic.

I just hope other major already-established programs aren't stupid enough to start a bidding war over this asshole in the years to come.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:26 PM   #48
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

And he has his QB possibly in Florida transfer Max Staver.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #49
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
As well we should, since that's all he seems to do.

From his track record, he is one of the most reprehensible assholes in the recent history of sports. There is virtually no one who has anything positive to say about him in any way, and nearly everything he does is an embarrassing volcano of pure shit.

But hey, if that's what you're into, knock yourself out
No one is saying he hasn't been a douche for years and I'm not condoning his past, but it's the world we live in. If you are one of the best in the world at what you do for a living, you will get second chances. And I'll go so far as to say the guy deserves another chance. I think we all do, God knows we have all made mistakes and who is to judge your mistakes compared to other peoples mistakes? I can name a lot of politicians that are still in office that has done, what I would consider, much worse for mankind than Petrino.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #50
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
No one is saying he hasn't been a douche for years and I'm not condoning his past, but it's the world we live in. If you are one of the best in the world at what you do for a living, you will get second chances. And I'll go so far as to say the guy deserves another chance. I think we all do, God knows we have all made mistakes and who is to judge your mistakes compared to other peoples mistakes? I can name a lot of politicians that are still in office that has done, what I would consider, much worse for mankind than Petrino.
You used every conceivable cliche to defend him, admirably, but he's still an asshole who doesn't belong anywhere near kids or young adults. It's the world we live in, if we choose to live in it, and those who choose to live in his world get BURNED. Maybe you're on board with that, but you're in the minority dude. Forgive the pun with Petrino, but trust and integrity are like virginity, once you lose it, sayonara. And that guy has lost the trust of every human being he's come across. Including making a complete fool out of himself and every institution that trusts him.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #51
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Sad when you see a school go from a coach with character , to the win at all cost attitude.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #52
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
You used every conceivable cliche to defend him, admirably, but he's still an asshole who doesn't belong anywhere near kids or young adults. It's the world we live in, if we choose to live in it, and those who choose to live in his world get BURNED. Maybe you're on board with that, but you're in the minority dude. Forgive the pun with Petrino, but trust and integrity are like virginity, once you lose it, sayonara. And that guy has lost the trust of every human being he's come across. Including making a complete fool out of himself and every institution that trusts him.
For some reason, i don't think everyone else agrees with you. Certainly not the people at Louisville. BTW, from what I've read, the feelings between him and the staff at Louisville were not as bad as the media made it out to be.

Look, I find it interesting he's back at Louisville, but if not there, it would have been another big time program very soon. I'm glad he's not in the SEC. Other than that, he doesn't affect my life one bit. But I honestly stick to my statement about people deserving second chances, God knows I've had my share.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #53
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

Quote:
For some reason, i don't think everyone else agrees with you. Certainly not the people at Louisville. BTW, from what I've read, the feelings between him and the staff at Louisville were not as bad as the media made it out to be.

Look, I find it interesting he's back at Louisville, but if not there, it would have been another big time program very soon. I'm glad he's not in the SEC. Other than that, he doesn't affect my life one bit. But I honestly stick to my statement about people deserving second chances, God knows I've had my share.
Would you want your son to play for him?
Old 01-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #54
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

Why would they not hire him? He had two Top 10 finishes in four seasons with them. He has the highest winning percentage in Louisville football history.
  • 2013 Outback Bowl Champions
  • 2014 Capital One Bowl Champions
  • 11 Win Seasons - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 10 Finishes - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 5 Finish - 2013 (#4 USA Today Coaches/#4 AP)
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #55
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Hide your wives.

(or fiancees)
Old 01-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #56
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

I can see an 8-4 season, at best, for the team to the northwest....losses to UGA, FSU, Louisville, and of course USC.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #57
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

Ray Tanner would throw his resume in the trash. Thank God we have people like that making our decisions, and not those who look at consolation prizes as rewards for entrusting our student athletes to assholes.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #58
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Would you want your son to play for him?
I would have to meet him and talk to some of his former players before I could answer that question.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #59
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Hide your wives.

(or fiancees)
Funny how Booby's GF is now in Columbia and her husband is now part of the Gamecock Family.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #60
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Funny how Booby's GF is now in Columbia and her husband is now part of the Gamecock Family.
He worked for USC before the motorcycle incident occurred.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote