CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
StormOfTalons
NinjaSven
WeStill0wnUSC
2000grad
Spurrier_Superior_On
gromweat
zcoop
Latti
Regalcock
gamecock88
Nick Chubb (6385)
Spurrier Presser (1934)
All of our defensive (1790)
Spurrier: Davis Will (1614)
Uniform thread (1534)
Cack's Toast of the (1528)
Rankings (1438)
3-4 "D" Ke (1193)
Will Devin ever suit (976)
Update: Brison Willi (507)
Men's soccer vs. Clemson
No Fun League Strikes Aga
Kenny Hill arrested
Gamecock football Long Te
2015 Commitment - Shameik
Defense making adjustment
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Best Store bought Spaghet
Update: Brison Williams i
Over reacting?

Old 08-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Jeffrey Holland

Linebacker from Jacksonville, Florida

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

247 Bio

A guy to keep an eye on. Per GCC.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jeffrey Holland Thread (2015 Prospect)

Quote:
11/2/2012 South Carolina Gamecocks offer Jeffrey Holland
per 247 Timeline

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: Jeffrey Holland Thread (2015 Prospect)

Interview via Scout

Quote:
Trinity Christian's Jeffery Holland (6-2/215) is only a sophomore but had over 700 yards rushing and 10 sacks on defense. He plays all over the field but worked with the receivers here. He already has offers from Florida and eight others, and is definitely a player to watch.
Link: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1258094.html

Old 02-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Jeffrey Holland

Quote:
OLB, Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian Academy -- This is a good-looking young prospect that already has double-digit offers, many from elite college programs. Holland has a good frame with which to work and moves very well. How athletic is he? He also played receiver.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/NLA-7v7...players-118398

Quote:
In the race to land Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian sophomore outside linebacker Jeffery Holland, Florida and Florida State are among the early teams to watch. During this particular event, Holland made a fashion statement that likely would make fans of those programs cringe.

His clothing accessories included a Gators head band and Seminole gloves.

Holland, who claims 15 offers, recently visited Florida State.

"I went to junior day there last week, and I got to talk to [linebackers coach Charles] Kelly and [defensive coordinator Jeremy] Pruitt," Holland said. "He was talking about the new system they've got at Florida State. The new coaches there are real cool. I got to talk to them and got some one-on-one time to talk about the future."

Holland's Seminoles offer was one of three that really caught his attention. Florida and Ohio State were the others.

He'll visit the Gators, Buckeyes, Alabama and South Carolina during a college road trip after his team's spring practice is complete.

With nearly two years until the 2015 National Signing Day, Holland admitted "I'm not that far along. This is a big process."

He said Louisville, Ohio State and South Carolina are probably recruiting him hardest.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/NLA-7v7...ruiting-118303

Old 03-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Outside linebacker Jeffrey Holland also took an unofficial visit to Florida last week with the previously mentioned Toliver. South Carolina is a team that he wants to check out. One of his former teammates plays in Columbia, and he likes how the Gamecocks use Jadeveon Clowney on defense.
Link: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...7318&PT=4&PR=2

Old 05-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Class of 2015 linebacker Jeffrey Holland (Jacksonville/Trinity Christian) is now up to 21 verbal scholarship offers. The 6-foot-2, 230-pounder with quick feet and fluidity continues to stock pile them at a staggering rate with another handful coming through the first week of May.

"I know Mississippi State, Tennessee, Rutgers, Minnesota and Arkansas offered me this week," Holland said.

Holland, who has said he wants to make a decision before the start of the 2013 season (this summer), will be making a key road trip in June to help in that decision making process.

“Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida and Florida State; and maybe some others,” Holland said.

Of course, the two in-state powers figure to be tough to beat at the end of the day.

"There is not list yet, but I like watching Florida and Florida State play,” he said. “Florida is my family’s team. It's right down the street from my home. Florida State is also right down the street. I like (Seminoles defensive coordinator) Jeremy Pruitt and (defensive line coach) Odell Haggins.”

Like many prospects, Holland's decision will come down to comfort and relationships.

"My next step is to start calling coaches more and see who I really like,” he said. “I talk to Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, and I'm going to start talking to Tennessee and some others more."

Holland is currently 230-pounds after playing the 2012 season at 220.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Elite-D...ad-trip-130058

Old 06-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
The 2015 class at the talented school is loaded, simply put. Leading the way is outside linebacker Jeffery Holland and defensive back Kevin Toliver II. The 6-foot-2, 230-pound Holland is the No. 17-ranked prospect in the Top247, and has an offer list well over 20. The nephew of former Auburn basketball player Carey Holland has Florida, Florida State, Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina and Notre Dame among the unofficial visit possibilities this summer. The natural pass-rusher lists Florida and Ohio State as the programs recruiting him the hardest.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Jackson...in-2015-133534

Old 06-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
His teammate, linebacker Jeffery Holland, also enjoyed his visit to AU and says he will be back. Holland currently is the top outside linebacker in the 2015 class and his uncle played basketball for AU.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/SEC-Rou...g-trail-135571

Old 06-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via 247

Quote:
Class of 2015 linebacker Jeffrey Holland spent last week crisscrossing the country in an effort to check out as many campuses as possible. He said he visited South Carolina, North Carolina, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Louisville and a few other campuses, but still doesn't have a leader. With plenty of time to decide, Holland said he's in no rush to trim his list any time soon.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1518540

Last edited by CoverTwo; 06-23-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #10
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Holland will play defense at the next level but during 7-on-7, he plays wide receiver and on Sunday he was one of his team's best options in the pass game. The versatility shows how much Holland likes to compete and should serve him well at the next level.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1518797

Old 06-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
lchite4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
lchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comblchite4 is developing his comb

What are our chances here?
lchite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #12
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

God I'd love to get this kid! He is a beast, most likely Bama or UF. He seems very open though
MillerTime843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #13
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior LB Jeffery Holland (6-3 230) of Jacksonville, FL has an offer from Clemson and Georgia and plans to attend the season opener between the two schools at Death Valley. It will be Holland’s first trip to Clemson’s campus. He has over 40 offers to include Clemson, USC, Georgia, Florida, Florida State, Miami, North Carolina, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, Alabama, Louisville, Auburn, Arkansas, NC State, Mississippi State, Notre Dame and Penn State. “I don’t know too much about Clemson but it is a school that I am interested in,” said Holland. “I plan to attend a lot of games this fall.” Holland took an unofficial visit to USC this summer and is interested in the Gamecocks as well. “I got to meet the coaches and players,” he said. “I liked it. I really liked the environment there.” Holland also named USC as a possible destination for a game this fall. “I want to go see games at Ohio State, Louisville, Tennessee, Florida, FSU and Miami….places like that,” Holland said. “I’d like to go to South Carolina, if I can.” Other schools he has visited include Ohio State, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Florida and Florida State. Holland does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...emson-and-usc/

Old 09-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #14
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via Scout

Quote:
Jeffery Holland out of Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian doesn’t leave any doubt about his future position. He’s plenty big at 6-foot-2, 230 pounds but he is a linebacker all the way. As athletic as any linebacker in the 2015 class, Holland shows elite quickness off the edge and tremendous pass rush instincts while still possessing the ability to play in space. As the No. 1 ranked linebacker in the 247Composite rankings, Holland sets the bar in 2015.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/2015-24...eakdown-146351

Last edited by CoverTwo; 09-03-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #15
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
The Palmetto Brawl will attract a large number of prospects to Williams-Brice Stadium. One of the most heavily recruited of those prospects will be ATH Jeffery Holland (6-3 232) of Jacksonville. Holland is at 59 offers and counting as he approaches the end of his junior season. USC and Clemson are among those offers. “I like South Carolina,” he said. “They were one of my first offers. Me and coach Spurrier Jr. are pretty cool. I visited them last summer and one of my former teammates, Ahmad Christian, is there and he says good things. Clemson, I like coach Dabo. He’s a pretty cool guy. I got to meet him. He and my coach are good friends. Two other players from here, Jamie Harper and Daniel Andrews, went there.” Holland has not yet visited Clemson. He has been to Florida and Miami this season and he plans to check out other schools. “I want to explore around and see what type of environments I like,” Holland said. “I want to see the coaches and how they work with their players and how loyal the players are.” Holland said some of his coaches and teammates will join him in Columbia. He said right now Florida and Ohio State are recruiting him very hard. He does not have favorites nor a timetable on a decision.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-clemson-game/

Old 12-17-2013, 12:47 AM   #16
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior ATH Jeffery Holland of Jacksonville, FL had planned to attend the Clemson at USC game but went to the Florida State at Florida game that weekend instead. But that doesn’t mean his interest in the Palmetto State schools has diminished. To the contrary, the Gamecocks and Tigers are major players in his recruiting. Holland just won a state championship last weekend and last Thursday USC recruiter Steve Spurrier Jr. came by his school to check in. “We were talking about the future and about some of his players like Clowney, his defense and things like that.” Holland said he will definitely get to USC for a visit now that his season is over. “I definitely want to get up there,” he said. “I’ve got to get up there, I really do. That’s a must.” Holland said Clemson is recruiting him hard as well. “I like Clemson,” he said. “I like their coaches, they’re pretty cool guys, good Christian guys. I just like the program a lot.” Holland also has offers from Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Miami, Alabama, Auburn and about 50 others. He has not narrowed his list and is not citing favorites at this point. “There’s a lot of schools coming in right now and I just want everything to flow correctly,” Holland said. He does feel like Florida, Florida State and Ohio State have been recruiting him the hardest. He also wants to take trips to UCLA, Southern Cal, Clemson, Ohio State and several other out of state schools. Holland said he does not have a timetable for a decision and most schools are recruiting him as an outside linebacker.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...nning-for-are/

Old 12-17-2013, 01:20 AM   #17
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I like his passion and desire to visit Columbia.

And shocking - Clemson playing the family and God card.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:52 AM   #18
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Announcing a top five tomorrow.

EDIT: We didn't make the list.

Last edited by garnet_black215; 01-09-2014 at 01:14 PM.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:37 AM   #19
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Holland is a defensive end and linebacker. He’s an aggressive and physical downhill player that can go sideline to sideline and play inside out. He can take on blocks and fill the hole. Holland is a big hitter and not afraid of contact. As a pass rusher, he has the size, speed and athleticism to dominate the edge. He shows deceptive agility and quickness.
Link: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1371303.html

Old 04-04-2014, 12:38 AM   #20
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Updates since NSD:

Quote:
LB Jeffery Holland of Jacksonville counts nearly 60 offers on his board at this point including USC and Clemson but at this point neither is in his top six though he points out it’s not an official or final top six. Auburn, Florida, Florida, Alabama, Ohio State and UCLA are that group and there’s no order or favorite. “I still like South Carolina a lot,” Holland said. Holland’s only junior day visit thus far was to Florida a few weeks back. He doesn’t have any other visits planned right now but he does want to get to USC and Clemson this spring. Holland said he talked with USC recruiter Steve Spurrier Jr. last week. “We talked about the future,” he said. He’s also been talking recently with Florida, Florida State, Alabama, UCLA and Southern Cal but he feels Auburn has been recruiting him the hardest. “I like their coaches a lot and their coaches are pretty cool,” Holland said. He also plans to visit Auburn, Florida and Florida State this spring and Ohio State and UCLA this summer.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...rrent-top-six/