CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
robgusc76
B-G
Big Spur
SMOTFS86
Sandstorm29
The Yancey
kingofnerf
rabid cock
doubledribble
**USC vs. Coker GAME (3224)
2014 Subway Classic: (1557)
aTm demolishes Kyle (723)
Cocky at the Duck Co (695)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (611)
Really, REALLY glad (529)
Deer Hunting 2014 (363)
movers, furniture do (296)
Happy Winter Solstic (266)
Streaming nfl games (252)
QB Next Season?
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Connor to be backup?
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
official UFC thread. (new
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
Question for those who ha
Really, REALLY glad he's
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL

Old 01-09-2014, 01:00 AM   #1
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU

http://tracking.si.com/2014/01/08/ja...plans-lawsuit/

Well that didn't take long.

The attorney for the woman who accused Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston of rape said her client plans to file a civil lawsuit against the Heisman Trophy winner, the Tallahassee Police Department and possibly Florida State University.

Pat Carroll, representing the woman who claims Winston raped her in December 2012, told ABC News: I want heads to roll.

That seems like a inflammatory statement to me......I guess she wants to kick some ass.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:22 AM   #2
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jameis Winston's Accuser Plans To Sue Him, TPD, and FSU

If she feels like she has the grounds (and if he really did get away with rape) then good for her.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:27 AM   #3
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

He really does strike me as an arrogant prick.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:44 AM   #4
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

That is one gold digging hoe ---->
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:00 AM   #5
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Were you conscious at this time?
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:50 AM   #6
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Everyone that was there that night raise your hand and pass judgement.

No?

Anyone?

OK, enjoy your strongly held opinions anyway.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #7
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Who barely has a grasp of the English language.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #8
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Well, so does half this country.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #9
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

CockyCash: 500
SC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Jameis Winston is one of the best football players in the world. Please tell us more about what you are good at...
Old 01-09-2014, 10:19 AM   #10
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

SC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
You probably would be to, if millions of people hung on every word that came out of your mouth.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #11
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

It is much easier to win in Civil Court. It's basically a monetary thing for her now. All they basically have to do is prove that they were together, which is the case. She should probably try holding this up in court for another year until he gets in the NFL though.

Total crap.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #12
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb

Anyone here read the investigation documents posted a while back?
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #13
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tag View Post
Jameis Winston is one of the best football players in the world. Please tell us more about what you are good at...
Yeah I don't get the entire, I can't understand him thing or is that English? I guess people don't realize that these players come from all over the country where dialects are not native to the area they are playing in or the country is used to. I can personally understand him and he is a very energetic, happy communicator which makes his words run at times without a lot of pause in between. He is a country boy from Alabama that can ball. Seems like a good guy.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #14
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
It is much easier to win in Civil Court. It's basically a monetary thing for her now. All they basically have to do is prove that they were together, which is the case. She should probably try holding this up in court for another year until he gets in the NFL though.

Total crap.
Most NEVER go to court...there is a small settlement

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #15
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Still sucks. I just heard after he was initially cleared that they will probably still go to civil court and she has a good chance to win. Hopefully it works out.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #16
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Exaggerate much? If you said one of the most overrated football players in the world, than you'd be spot on.

Quote:
You probably would be to, if millions of people hung on every word that came out of your mouth.
Yet there are countless other famous college athletes who don't come across nearly as arrogant.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #17
mpilot0705
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 599360
mpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot materialmpilot0705 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to mpilot0705

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
Anyone here read the investigation documents posted a while back?
I read them. No doubt there was more up in Tallahassee and there was some sort of butt covering going on. Whether it be a cover for him or a cover for the PD not doing their job there is something fishy going on. The part of the report that struck me the most was that the two "witnesses" gave identical statements. I don't mean like identical as in the same story I mean identical as in a good bit of them were word for word the exact same. To me that screams of a coverup. Another thing that struck me odd was the basis of using her lack of consistency as a reason to dismiss. If you know anything about the brain/memory you know how quickly memories degrade, even traumatic ones like this. That's the reason law enforcement wants to interview all witnesses immediately after a crime. Its not a surprise to most logical people that her story may have changed slightly in the last year or so. If you don't believe me write down something that happened to you on a piece of paper. Then, come back in a year, write it down again, and compare the two. There will be things added and taken out all over the place.

Also it appears the tests for date rape drugs wasn't as thorough as it should have been (that's from what I read elsewhere...not my own research.)
Old 01-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #18
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpilot0705 View Post
I read them. No doubt there was more up in Tallahassee and there was some sort of butt covering going on. Whether it be a cover for him or a cover for the PD not doing their job there is something fishy going on. The part of the report that struck me the most was that the two "witnesses" gave identical statements. I don't mean like identical as in the same story I mean identical as in a good bit of them were word for word the exact same. To me that screams of a coverup. Another thing that struck me odd was the basis of using her lack of consistency as a reason to dismiss. If you know anything about the brain/memory you know how quickly memories degrade, even traumatic ones like this. That's the reason law enforcement wants to interview all witnesses immediately after a crime. Its not a surprise to most logical people that her story may have changed slightly in the last year or so. If you don't believe me write down something that happened to you on a piece of paper. Then, come back in a year, write it down again, and compare the two. There will be things added and taken out all over the place.

Also it appears the tests for date rape drugs wasn't as thorough as it should have been (that's from what I read elsewhere...not my own research.)
That's why a good lawyer will tell you to write down your story asap so that you can have it as a reference to not forget portions of it and it will remain consistent.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:37 PM   #19
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Exactly. And I think she has a case against the TPD. They ignored the whole thing until TMZ reported it.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #20
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1999829275
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

The timing and the fact that the case was suspended for a year bc she wasn't sure if she wanted to pursue charges will prove pivotal.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote