CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
Gamecocks1137
usc1
The Yancey
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
Storm Of Spurs
Decommitment from Te (1137)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (876)
Cleveland Browns Hea (722)
Garcia and Clemsux T (702)
Four USC Basketball (370)
Need a dog kennel (310)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (242)
Bowl packages (206)
Former Gamecock root (200)
5 apps to turn your (200)
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Former Gamecock rooting f
The Vent and Coaching cha
QB Next Season?
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
looks like we have 2 OL r
The U ends apparel deal w
So, why is next year goin
Duck Bowl Depth Chart

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #921
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Wesley Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
I will say there have been some misses, but if we were to miss on Green it's of no fault of the staff. They positioned themselves to get a top recruit out of Georgia. That's not easy to do considering the powers in-state and out that recruit that state. We still have a chance, we are just in a fight for him.
Plus he has been to Columbia a number of times and he is taking an OV. If he goes to GA it will not have anything to do with our coaches lack of effort.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #922
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

When is his announcement date?
Old 01-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #923
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talons

Can anyone name a Gamecock from Ga that UGA really wanted? The only one that I can think of is George Rogers and I'm not sure how hard they recruited him. Luckily for us UGA can't take them all. The same can be said about the state of Fla.

Last edited by rrsandersjr; 01-08-2014 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Auto correct mishap
Old 01-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #924
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
Can anyone name a Gamecock from Ga that UGA really wanted? The only one that I can think of is George Rogers and I'm not sure how hard they recruited him. Luckily for us UGA can't take them all. The same can be said about the state of Fla.
Mike Davis for one.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #925
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Chaz Elder.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #926
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

I think the basis of his argument is right the majority of the time. If UGA goes hard after a guy head to head with us and the kid is from GA they usually get them
Old 01-09-2014, 10:58 AM   #927
cockthehammer
Blue Chip

Male

cockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Mike Davis for one.
I thought they passed on Davis because of Gurley & Marshall.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #928
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
BAW.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #929
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talons

I said is there anyone UGA really wanted...they didn't go hard after Davis or Elder. I don't remember UGA being a factor with BAW either. Don't get me wrong, we have feasted on Ga players as have Auburn, Bama, FSU, Tenn and Clemson. I just don't remember a Ga kid picking our hat over UGA hat at the end.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #930
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockthehammer View Post
I thought they passed on Davis because of Gurley & Marshall.
More like Davis passed on UGA because of those two. This stuff about UGA "not going hard" for guys that we get is pretty silly. UGA doesn't go hard for anyone, if looks like they are going to get someone they want the go after someone else they want. I doesn't mean the didn't want our guy.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:29 PM   #931
gamecockguy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
I said is there anyone UGA really wanted...they didn't go hard after Davis or Elder. I don't remember UGA being a factor with BAW either. Don't get me wrong, we have feasted on Ga players as have Auburn, Bama, FSU, Tenn and Clemson. I just don't remember a Ga kid picking our hat over UGA hat at the end.
They definitely went after Elder and BAW.

I don't remember Mike Davis's recruitment
Old 01-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #932
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Chaz Elder.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #933
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
UGA went hard after Elder. In fact, he chose between us and them.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:44 PM   #934
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Who knows what it means in regards to Green's recruitment, but UGA secondary coach Scott Lakatos resigned.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:46 PM   #935
badfish17
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 11500
badfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spursbadfish17 has earned his spurs

His recruiter Scott Lakatos resigned from uga today. Lakatos coached db's and also recruited Langley and Wiggins.

Could only help.

Go Gamecocks !!!
Old 01-09-2014, 10:00 PM   #936
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish17 View Post
His recruiter Scott Lakatos resigned from uga today. Lakatos coached db's and also recruited Langley and Wiggins.

Could only help.
Nice development.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:01 PM   #937
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish17 View Post

Could only help.
+1
Old 01-09-2014, 10:20 PM   #938
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

That's big news. Everything is lining up to look like we are the clearly better choice. Hope he sees it that way.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:17 PM   #939
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
DB Wesley Green of Lithonia, GA is in the middle of a tense recruiting battle between USC and Georgia and his coach said Wednesday the decision could go either way at this point. “If I had to say, it’s 50-50 right now,” coach Cortez Allen said. “I think both schools are great places. He can perform well at either school. It’s all about how he feels about it and where he fits in well.” Green has visited both schools and he plans to take an unofficial visit to Georgia this weekend though he can’t have any contact with coaches due to the dead period. He will take his official visit to USC January 17th and his official visit to Georgia the following weekend. “Once he takes his trips, a lot of things are going to come to fruition,” Allen said. “He’ll have something to compare each school to, just to see how he fits in with the guys and what it’s like to really be on campus, get a feel for the school in general.” Allen said he talked with USC recruiter Grady Brown last week and with Georgia recruiter Chris Wilson Tuesday. He expects Green to make a relatively quick decision after the Georgia visit and not drag things out to Signing Day. “He’s ready for this to be over with. As soon as he can make a clear cut decision, he’ll probably tweet it out.”
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...inal-decision/

Old 01-09-2014, 11:30 PM   #940
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1999829275
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Something about that situation is really charming to him. His head seems to be SC while his heart says UGA. In the end I think he goes with his heart, which is unfortunate bc it's not going to end up as he'd hoped
Closed Thread