CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
The Yancey
5lbYardcock
18IsTheMan
GH
conwaycock2
StormOfTalons
garnet_black215
Cockypantherfan
Gamecock football Lo (2078)
Shaw: Check Out This (1937)
Mike Davis "dou (1790)
Gamecocks D staff re (1212)
who thinks we need a (960)
The Demise of the 3- (916)
Pirate Depth Chart (853)
Past SEC Champions w (623)
Reginald Bowens (594)
Why didn't Wes Green (350)
East Carolina Prediction
Connor Shaw Browns
SOS Teleconference
Eastern Michigan's Concre
Past SEC Champions who ha
Mike Davis "doubtful
New app: South Carolina G
Pirate Depth Chart
Labor Day Weekend Eats
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #13601
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Derrell Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
I've seen Scott run, there's no way he's a 4.7 guy. He's at least a 4.5. He outruns too many DB's to be a 4.7 RB.
I don't believe it either. He's not getting a good start on his 40 or something.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:14 AM   #13602
BigRedCock
↓Little Marcus Lattimore↓

Male

CockyCash: 1700
BigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPitBigRedCock rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 - Damian Prince

I read the article on GCC. What is getting lost is what he said about Miami and his thoughts on RSing:

"Looking at the history of what they like to do with their offensive linemen, they love to redshirt their offensive linemen. Coach Kehoe believes in redshirting his offensive linemen. There isn't anything wrong with that but that isn't really for me."

Uhhhhhh what? Hate to be the bearer of bad news…but most guys need a RS year to play in the trenches in the SEC. And we can't afford to play anyone next year (stakes are too high and it looks like its our best shot to win in the next few years with all the guys we'll lose after 2014 season on offense) to play a FR that's not ready for SEC warfare.

Highly probable that Prince would RS next year for us with four returning starters and Rodgers, Sport and B. Stadnik battling for the RG position. The 2 deep seems legit with Gibson and Matulis backing up the OTs, the two "losers" of the OG starting spot backing up the OGs and C. Stadnik backing up at C

I looked at the roster and almost all the guys have a RS except the current Fr, which I think all but Rodgers was RS this year. Maybe his "relationship" with Na'ty will convince him he has a chance of not getting RSed, but its HIGHLY doubtful IMO

The only place he'll see meaningful playing time (i.e. not against Coastal in the 4th qtr) next year is Maryland
Old 01-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #13603
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
Not sure where the notion came in that Scott is slow? His speed, particularly his ability to cut in and out of breaks, is what put him on the map as an elite APB on the rivals camp series. He was also one of the top performers at the Nike SPARQ combine. He is also a member of Havelock's track team and did well at the state meet last year( I want to say they won a 4x4 relay)
which Nike SPARQ combine was that? He wasn't close to being a top performer in this past summer combine.

Derrell Scott 2014 RB 5-10.5 184 4.62 4.25 33 35.3 95.88

He has run in the 4.6-4.7 range at multiple combines now (Nike SPARQ/Under Armour) and he is not nor will he ever be an every down back in the SEC. We don't run an offense that fits his style of play which is why this isn't a big loss imo.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #13604
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

It is just like UF to pull some crap like this. Tabor flipping may explain why they suddenly made his top three. A report a couple of weeks ago basically said they didn't have much of a chance.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #13605
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
It is just like UF to pull some crap like this. Tabor flipping may explain why they suddenly made his top three. A report a couple of weeks ago basically said they didn't have much of a chance.
UF has always been in his lead group. Does Tabor's flip help UF? Of course, but this may ruffle Lammons' feelings towards his commitment. Could be our gain.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #13606
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

He is visiting here for the first time on the 17th. Until that happens, it is all white noise guys. If we get some trends after his visit it is promising. I think he also visits Florida after us on the 24th, so we will see how good of an impression we can make. Florida is an impressive campus from what I've heard.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #13607
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
UF making the Top 3 has everything to do with Mike Sherman being hired as the OL Coach and probably not so much with Tabor. They don't play for the same team or anything. They are just both from the greater DC area.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 01-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #13608
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Good point on Ellis. I don't recall George being that highly touted coming out of high school.
Rogers and Wright were both highly touted - but in those pre-internet days, recruiting was not followed nearly as closely as is now the case. There were no go-to experts except maybe Bluechip Recruiting - not even sure if they existed back then.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #13609
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
I've seen Scott run, there's no way he's a 4.7 guy. He's at least a 4.5. He outruns too many DB's to be a 4.7 RB.
During the draft, Ace was reported as a 4.6 guy.

Yeah, right!
Old 01-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #13610
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
Rogers and Wright were both highly touted - but in those pre-internet days, recruiting was not followed nearly as closely as is now the case. There were no go-to experts except maybe Bluechip Recruiting - not even sure if they existed back then.

That was my freshman year at Carolina in 1977. I remember there being a buzz around George when he arrived as a freshman that year. It was a battle between us and Tennessee to get him (his Mom wanted to get him out of state because of bad influences). Carlen worked harder on Rogers than any other recruit. But it was before the days of recruiting services, you are right. And Johnny Wright was very highly recruited too.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:49 PM   #13611
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

I will say he seems like a good kid w his head on straight, and with talent??
This would for sure be a loss not so much depth chart wise but bc the coaches worked at him so much and was mainly the only RB we've recruited all cycle
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
Old 01-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #13612
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
I will say he seems like a good kid w his head on straight, and with talent??
This would for sure be a loss not so much depth chart wise but bc the coaches worked at him so much and was mainly the only RB we've recruited all cycle
If he switches we lose a RB we have spent almost countless hours recruiting and planning for, we possibly lose a pipeline into a school in NC where there is no SEC presence and we are closest draw, and he goes to a divisional rival that we will see every year.

But hey, what can you do? Hakuna matata.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #13613
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post

But hey, what can you do? Hakuna matata.
Hakuna Matata, indeed!!!

However, I have a feeling that DS ends up putting on a cap covered with Garnet n Black!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #13614
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

New story on GCC with an update on Prince's teams.
I'm guessing it is probably nothing new, but does anyone have the jist of the piece?
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 01-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #13615
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Our VQ mods don't act like this is a closed deal in the slightest.

I think things are good for TN now, but he isn't a silent commit or anything otherwise our VQ guys would be giving a more positive vibe.

I think he is truly still undecided, just leaning Tennessee right now, which as we all know could change 4 times before now and signing day.

I hope we get him, obviously, but with Franklin heading to Penn St, there are a couple of their highly touted defensive recruits we may want to get in on and we don't have room for everyone.

Will be interesting to see how our staff handles our numbers down the stretch.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #13616
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Kornblut is reporting us, Florida and Maryland are Prince's top 3.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...740/-1/PSPORTS
Two-time National Champs

Old 01-09-2014, 04:36 PM   #13617
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Kornblut is reporting it is between us and UT still. Florida I think is still outside looking in.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...745/-1/PSPORTS
Two-time National Champs

Old 01-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #13618
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Jalen Tabor flipped from Arizona to Florida. He's enrolling next week. I wonder if that will have any effect on Prince's decision.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #13619
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Jalen Tabor flipped from Arizona to Florida. He's enrolling next week. I wonder if that will have any effect on Prince's decision.
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
Old 01-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #13620
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
I think David Sharp being penciled in as Florida's LT will have more of a bearing. Rodgers can play as big or bigger factor than Tabor.
Closed Thread