CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
MACXIMVS
Bobby Boucher
rdwylie
COCKYWOOD
b381l
spareparts
uscgamecocks88
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8393)
Sindarius Thornwell (903)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (571)
Best Child Acting Pe (549)
Well gameday just go (449)
Happy Birthday, Coac (399)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (368)
Your most famous twi (271)
South Carolina @ Aub (237)
Unsung Hero (228)
Connor Mitch
Name a Gamecock
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Hope Springs Eternal
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2015 - Auden Tate
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3

Old 01-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #81
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material
Default Re: No More Excuses...

Hopefully, those fans that want more are as hard on themselves as they are on a team that they have absolutely no part in their on field performance. kudos on accepting nothing less than a 4.0 grade point average for yourself, and when falling short, leaving the University to give room for someone else that can get the job done.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #82
TwoNotch Dreams
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

I get what the OP is saying. I'm happy with our accomplishments the past 3 years or so, but being pretty good, rather than great isn't something I'm content with going forward. There's always 1 or 2 games each year that cost us and we need to win those to get to the ultimate goal of winning the SEC and competing for a national title.

Deep down, there are a lot of fans who are content with a 10 or 11 win season, beating Clemson and winning a Capital 1 or Outback bowl. Whatever.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #83
TwoNotch Dreams
4-Star

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Hopefully, those fans that want more are as hard on themselves as they are on a team that they have absolutely no part in their on field performance. kudos on accepting nothing less than a 4.0 grade point average for yourself, and when falling short, leaving the University to give room for someone else that can get the job done.
So you're basically saying fans can't criticize a team that they give no on-field contribution to? By that logic, why does this message board even exist?

We all want to see the team win the ultimate prize, just like the players do. What's wrong with that?
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #84
boness
Recruit

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
You should temper your expectations. Fans feelings have no impact on how the team plays. You are engaged in a fool's mission if you think you can post something on a message board and influence how the team plays.

OTH, it is possible to create strife and dissension that effects the morale of a team. Perhaps this is your motive. If you were a Clemson fan on here pretending to be a fake Gamecock fan this is the kind of drivel you would post.

Finally, we were lucky to win a lot of our games. The UT game just went the other way for us . On balance, the Gamecocks had a very fortunate season. Hopefully, good fortune will continue.
well said, we had several games each team can rightly say "we should have won it except for..." and we won all of those save Tn.
I will go along with the 11 team possibly under playing it's abilities but the 12 team played to its talent and the 13 team above. Had the 12 team had healthy rbs them it would likely have been our best chance at winning the SEC to date. ML ws never 100% then went down again and depth ws young and or injured.
the 13 team wasn't as physically nor as playbook mature as most of it's opponents yet hung in early and developed as the yr progressed. amazing for the youngest team in the country and sets the table for continued success maybe even hardware over the next two yrs.
possibly the most important gain from this run is it appears our recruiting will make an upgrade beginning with the 15 cycle. for the first time SC is recruiting youngsters that have witnessed elite production since 8th grade (2010) With the abilities to develop players, this staff has demonstrated, one can only imagine what they can do with greater raw talent. the future is bright.
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #85
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I'm sorry, but with three consecutive 11 win seasons, I find all this talk
comical. Were you old enough to realize what this team was like in the
mid 2000s ? (not that long ago) Or old enough to have gone through the 0-21
stretch of games ? (again, not really that long ago if you're older than
15 years old). Do you remember the first four years since Spurrier took
over here ? .... We weren't a really good program, and we had some of
the worst facilities in the SEC. .... I remember all of that and even beyond
those years when Gamecock football wasn't even THAT good.

ALSO,
Do you realize how difficult it is for ANY team, even the LSUs, ALABAMAs,
GEORGIAs, OREGONs etc..... to go three consecutive seasons with
11 wins ???? I'm sorry, but for anyone here who posted that they agree
that this program has to win MORE in the next few seasons or our coach
needs to step down is an embarassment to this fanbase !! Four consecutive
seasons of Top 25 rankings with improvements each season, and you
think you're entitled to more, or our Coach needs to go ?!?!?!?!
Success is not measured by Championship trophies when you have never
had anything CLOSE To this kind of success in the entire history of your
program. .. I'm going to break the bad news to you all now... We will
drop in the rankings and season records at some point soon... maybe
even next season, but that will by no means, mean that this program
and our coach has peaked, and needs to start considering leaving.
Our AD, our Admin and our Coaches are building a winning program here
and doing one hell of an outstanding job of it, but almost demanding
better than what we've done the past 3-4 years or Coach Spurrier should
leave ?!?!? I swear there are times when I am embarassed to be called
a Gamecock fan when I see posts like this. .... Seriously.

My questions is...... with the bolded statements above:
Just how to YOU plan to make that happen, and how are you sure coach
Spurrier will step down if this doesn't happen according to YOUR timeline ?
I'd really like to know that.

I understand what you are saying Spurt, but I do find it odd that people use the 1-21 seasons to deflect fans that want more success.
I was a season ticket holder through that 1-21 stretch and still am. It doesn't help ease the disappointment of the UT loss this season to have gone through that.
Sounds like you are saying we should never aspire to an SEC or NC.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #86
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Let me remind you that this team could of lost to Vandy, Kentucky, Central Florida and a very down Florida team this year. We were pretty fortunate to get to 11 wins.

This teams has some holes it needs to fill talent wise in recruiting before we are an SEC contender much less National Championship contenders.

Coaches and players better be working hard this offseason.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:52 PM   #87
EMAG
Walk On

Male

EMAG has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
Who said the fans have low expectations or goals? To appreciate what we have accomplished, at long last, is not settling.

This is absurd. You make it sound like SOS and the coaches and the players have not all strived to win the SEC, because that often means a shot at the national title. They have been trying since he got here, but the uphill climb he had to make to just get the players on board was so tough, he came within a whisper of giving up at least once. Each step has been hard as hell and each new step takes time. You don't cut corners to make things last and that is the other thing SOS has been doing here, trying to establish the program on solid ground, so that when he leaves it has every chance of remaining a top tier school.

Realism needs to settle in and that is, very simply, it never has been or ever will be easy to win the SEC. This is not the ACC where there is usually one good team and the rest barely above average or below.

To win the very top spot at a school with almost no positive football history is all the more difficult and SOS taking over a program that had floundered, once again, is a fact, too, not excuses. An excuse is like Clempson saying, "If we did not give all those turnovers to FSU and USC, we'd have played Auburn in the Rose Bowl for the title." Huge difference.

Again, what excuses? We all want the same thing. What do you propose if we do not win it all next year or the year after? Apparently you must know the answers to start a thread like this one. Tell SOS how to run his program? Choose which assistant coaches need to be run off and which replacements to hire? Tell Ray to start looking for a new coach? Oh, I know, the old favorite standby, "We'll stop going to the games and stop supporting the program to show them we're serious?" That is a joke of epic proportions and anyone who thinks that are not Carolina fans but clowns who should be laughed at and laughed down.

Any of those clever ideas to get to the next step would tear the fans apart and destroy all SOS has built. Maybe that is what you want.

Run along now. Your act is getting old.
My act?? Half the thread agrees with me.

I think you completely misread what I'm saying. I am not, in any way, shape, or form, complaining about the past 3 seasons. We have accomplished firsts in each season, you CAN'T complain about that. But like someone said a few posts above, we are a top 5 team now, time to start winning some hardware.

I act as if Spurrier and the team don't strive to win?? I just posted that no matter how bad we want it, THEY want it more.

You are correct in that its hard to win the SEC. REAL hard. I'm not demanding conference championships. I would just like to see us NOT piss away the chance. If we aren't the best team in the east, so be it. But if we are, I'd damn sure like to play for the ship. That's all.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #88
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I think it's more your attitude.

Of COURSE everyone on here wants to win championships! Of COURSE we want to see us with a national title.

...but in the meantime it's pretty damn sweet to be sitting where we are sitting. Our program has been stride for stride with programs like Oregon and Stanford...that's pretty damn good.

So, what are we to gain by saying things like "no more excuses!" or taking an "or else" mentality.

Or else what, exactly?
Old 01-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #89
brat
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Those implying that SOS would likely leave if he keeps on the same level as we have been recently would possibly be correct IF he also felt the fans were no longer appreciative of what he has accomplished here or could do in the future.

That is the major reason he left Florida. 10 and 11 win seasons were looked upon as failures.

Newsflash - It is very possible that no matter who is HC here or who the AD is here or how much the fans rant, we will never win the SEC, let alone the national championship. Not saying it can't be done and that is what he and everyone else have been trying to get. To believe otherwise is to imagine before each season the coaches getting together to plan what they can do to blow the upcoming year.

SOS is closer to the end of his time here than he is to when he began. Leave the man alone. No one wants to win more than SOS. He will leave when he feels the time has come. Based on the myriad of poor coaches we have had in the past, we should count our lucky stars that he ever came here, done what he has done, and is still happy and plans to be here for a few more years. When he does call it quits, it will be one of the saddest days in USC history. Even if he is here another 6 or 7 years, it will pass too quickly. Leave the man alone. When he first came here he promised to give it his best shot. The man does not lie.

When you say, "No more excuses," that is another way of saying what you have done is not acceptable, you haven't worked hard enough to suit me, we can find someone better. It foments unrest and division and thus helps create a potential reality that SOS would indeed leave soon if he doesn't win the SEC. Gamecock fans are suppose to be tougher than that, at least they use to be. Suck it up.

The man has earned his stripes in football like no one else in our history. For the lucid fans I say, "Coach, we're still darn lucky you're here. Stay as long as possible. Top the Bear for total SEC wins. Wouldn't trade you for anyone else. Not only do you win, you have fun with it, and you drive the Clempson people crazy. If you can win us a SEC or two or better, that would be great, but if not, no hard feelings. Heck of a great run and we're proud of you."
Old 01-09-2014, 02:07 PM   #90
EMAG
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I think it's more your attitude.

Of COURSE everyone on here wants to win championships! Of COURSE we want to see us with a national title.

...but in the meantime it's pretty damn sweet to be sitting where we are sitting. Our program has been stride for stride with programs like Oregon and Stanford...that's pretty damn good.

So, what are we to gain by saying things like "no more excuses!" or taking an "or else" mentality.

Or else what, exactly?
I guess you're right. We really haven't had any excuses as to why we lost those games, its moreso the accomplishments that overshadow them. So "no more excuses" is probably the wrong way to put the thread title.

The main point I was trying to get at, was that we have accomplished all we can accomplish short of winning the SEC. Us not being able to play for the SEC the past 3 years has stung because had we not shot ourselves in the foot, we would have played for it. But our accomplishments have eased those stings. Now its time to accomplish what's left.

Let's say next year we take a step back, which I am expecting. Young corners, potentially minimal pass rush, new qb, etc. There's another thread for that anyways. If we go 9-3(my guess) and don't make it, then hey, it happens. Can't be great every year.

But if we go 10-2 losing to someone we shouldn't which keeps us out the conference championship game AGAIN, my question to the board is this:

Are you pissed? Or happy we went 10-2 considering our mediocre history?
Old 01-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #91
Harry Cock
Recruit

Male

Harry Cock has hatched from the shell

I love football and USC but at the end of the day its just a game that i have zero control over. Some of you forget that
Harry Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:11 PM   #92
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
Those implying that SOS would likely leave if he keeps on the same level as we have been recently would possibly be correct IF he also felt the fans were no longer appreciative of what he has accomplished here or could do in the future.

That is the major reason he left Florida. 10 and 11 win seasons were looked upon as failures.

Newsflash - It is very possible that no matter who is HC here or who the AD is here or how much the fans rant, we will never win the SEC, let alone the national championship. Not saying it can't be done and that is what he and everyone else have been trying to get. To believe otherwise is to imagine before each season the coaches getting together to plan what they can do to blow the upcoming year.

SOS is closer to the end of his time here than he is to when he began. Leave the man alone. No one wants to win more than SOS. He will leave when he feels the time has come. Based on the myriad of poor coaches we have had in the past, we should count our lucky stars that he ever came here, done what he has done, and is still happy and plans to be here for a few more years. When he does call it quits, it will be one of the saddest days in USC history. Even if he is here another 6 or 7 years, it will pass too quickly. Leave the man alone. When he first came here he promised to give it his best shot. The man does not lie.

When you say, "No more excuses," that is another way of saying what you have done is not acceptable, you haven't worked hard enough to suit me, we can find someone better. It foments unrest and division and thus helps create a potential reality that SOS would indeed leave soon if he doesn't win the SEC. Gamecock fans are suppose to be tougher than that, at least they use to be. Suck it up.

The man has earned his stripes in football like no one else in our history. For the lucid fans I say, "Coach, we're still darn lucky you're here. Stay as long as possible. Top the Bear for total SEC wins. Wouldn't trade you for anyone else. Not only do you win, you have fun with it, and you drive the Clempson people crazy. If you can win us a SEC or two or better, that would be great, but if not, no hard feelings. Heck of a great run and we're proud of you."
Like I said, you are making it more monumental than it is. You have to finish better than 6 other teams to get to the SECCG - that is it. This "never going to win" crap is ridiculous. It's defending failure quite honestly. And it is an attitude holding us back.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:15 PM   #93
EMAG
Walk On

Male

My guess is that there will be quite a few more people upset with that.

With that being said, beating clemson has eased a HUGE chunk of the sting. They might be getting the hardware, but we still own the head to head recently. Lord knows what'll happen if we piss away another shot at the SEC AND...nevermind I won't go there.

Honestly, and this completely goes against me starting this thread, as long as we beat clemson this year, that'll set us up for 15 at home going for 7 which would tie the record. Then the HUGE one in 16 to have the record. Deep down, if we happen to get to 8, ill be happy. To me that would balance the scale in the rivalry.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #94
Garnet Devil
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
Garnet Devil is sharpening his clawsGarnet Devil is sharpening his clawsGarnet Devil is sharpening his clawsGarnet Devil is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I'm sorry, but with three consecutive 11 win seasons, I find all this talk
comical. Were you old enough to realize what this team was like in the
mid 2000s ? (not that long ago) Or old enough to have gone through the 0-21
stretch of games ? (again, not really that long ago if you're older than
15 years old). Do you remember the first four years since Spurrier took
over here ? .... We weren't a really good program, and we had some of
the worst facilities in the SEC. .... I remember all of that and even beyond
those years when Gamecock football wasn't even THAT good.

ALSO,
Do you realize how difficult it is for ANY team, even the LSUs, ALABAMAs,
GEORGIAs, OREGONs etc..... to go three consecutive seasons with
11 wins ???? I'm sorry, but for anyone here who posted that they agree
that this program has to win MORE in the next few seasons or our coach
needs to step down is an embarassment to this fanbase !! Four consecutive
seasons of Top 25 rankings with improvements each season, and you
think you're entitled to more, or our Coach needs to go ?!?!?!?!
Success is not measured by Championship trophies when you have never
had anything CLOSE To this kind of success in the entire history of your
program. .. I'm going to break the bad news to you all now... We will
drop in the rankings and season records at some point soon... maybe
even next season, but that will by no means, mean that this program
and our coach has peaked, and needs to start considering leaving.
Our AD, our Admin and our Coaches are building a winning program here
and doing one hell of an outstanding job of it, but almost demanding
better than what we've done the past 3-4 years or Coach Spurrier should
leave ?!?!? I swear there are times when I am embarassed to be called
a Gamecock fan when I see posts like this. .... Seriously.

My questions is...... with the bolded statements above:
Just how to YOU plan to make that happen, and how are you sure coach
Spurrier will step down if this doesn't happen according to YOUR timeline ?
I'd really like to know that.
Thank you! I didn't even read anymore after your post. This thread is why I rarely visit this site anymore. You could not have said anything better. Why in the world do I feel embarrassed for some fans when we should all be enjoying this great success? Of course everybody wants more. Every team in the country wants more. But, to start discussions and "demand" more? That's the funniest thing I've heard in years, but it seems to be a commonplace on this forum lately. The program is moving in a direction to compete each year and that is what everyone should be thankful for. Hopefully, we will win the conference or even better a national championship one day. The ball bounces funny for everyone and just as we were 11-2 this year, we could have been 10-3, 9-4, 8-5. Yes Tenn and Ga could have been victories, but other games could have been losses. 11-2 and finishing #4 in the country was a pipe dream 10 years ago. Now, we have a chance at that every year and maybe even more, but to "demand" more or changes need to be made is freaking hilarious. You better enjoy the success now, because it doesn't matter if you are Bama, Tenn, Fla, So Cal, Tex, Okla or whoever else you want to throw in there. Sustained success in college football only lasts so long before you have some down time.
Garnet Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #95
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Adios, thread, time for you to die. LOL.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:44 PM   #96
EMAG
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Devil View Post
Thank you! I didn't even read anymore after your post. This thread is why I rarely visit this site anymore. You could not have said anything better. Why in the world do I feel embarrassed for some fans when we should all be enjoying this great success? Of course everybody wants more. Every team in the country wants more. But, to start discussions and "demand" more? That's the funniest thing I've heard in years, but it seems to be a commonplace on this forum lately. The program is moving in a direction to compete each year and that is what everyone should be thankful for. Hopefully, we will win the conference or even better a national championship one day. The ball bounces funny for everyone and just as we were 11-2 this year, we could have been 10-3, 9-4, 8-5. Yes Tenn and Ga could have been victories, but other games could have been losses. 11-2 and finishing #4 in the country was a pipe dream 10 years ago. Now, we have a chance at that every year and maybe even more, but to "demand" more or changes need to be made is freaking hilarious. You better enjoy the success now, because it doesn't matter if you are Bama, Tenn, Fla, So Cal, Tex, Okla or whoever else you want to throw in there. Sustained success in college football only lasts so long before you have some down time.
Wow some people can not read. Nobody has "demanded" a thing.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #97
EMAG
Walk On

Male

Even if some were "demanding" things, WGAF?? No one here is the ad, or a huge phil knight like booster. It doesn't mean a thing.

Ill ask again to the board, if we go 10-2 next year, yet miss the SECC game due to losing a game we absolutely shouldn't have, are you pissed? Or are you happy because we went 10-2 considering our mediocre history?
Old 01-09-2014, 02:50 PM   #98
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

The only thing that pisses me off is the annual January invasion by the tater trolls.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:57 PM   #99
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

These types of threads are dangerous. I have my opinion about this but last time I got banned for going too far.

I will leave it like this............. Go Cocks!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #100
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Let me remind you that this team could of lost to Vandy, Kentucky, Central Florida and a very down Florida team this year. We were pretty fortunate to get to 11 wins.

This teams has some holes it needs to fill talent wise in recruiting before we are an SEC contender much less National Championship contenders.

Coaches and players better be working hard this offseason.
Yes, we could have lost to all of those teams and we absolutely should have lost to Missouri. We were not favored in that game, it was on the road, Missouri was/is a legit top 5 team, we were down 17 points late in the 3rd quarter, and Mizzou's kicker clanked a chip shot off the goal post.

If we had lost to Mizzou, it didn't matter if we had beaten UT or Georgia, we still would have lost the East. We easily could have been 12-1 this season and still not have any "hardware."

But the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" crowd never thinks of those hypothetical scenarios. They only imagine make-believe worlds where we are just one deflected pass away from a BCS Championship. It must be a miserable life.