CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
18IsTheMan
garnet_black215
ccured
IBleedGarnetandBlack
NinjaSven
cockyguitar
Badazcock
GH
FanofCarolina1
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1414)
Heck of an atmospher (1276)
My Observations Abou (1244)
Step back from the l (1095)
My outside view (847)
How far do we fall.. (654)
Shon Carson at KR (598)
Fearless predictions (387)
Who else wants to se (326)
What's your take on (309)
Kelcy and Victor Hampton
NFL cuts
Gurley lined up to take U
Shaq Roland
David Williams??
How were the Aggie fans a
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Look how Bobo is utilizin
My Observations About USC
So..what year will we say

Old 01-08-2014, 11:14 PM   #21
BIGRlilw
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
BIGRlilw has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Predicting 2014

History says we lose two.
BIGRlilw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:15 PM   #22
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

I'm saying 11-1, SEC East Champs.

Unable to predict the SECCG without knowing who the victor is from that side. 11-2, 12-1 is good enough to get us into the play off in my opinion as well.

Which is all that matters now.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #23
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGRlilw View Post
History says we lose two.
If you want to look at "history" wouldn't "history" say that we lose 6, considering the all time program's record is near right around 500 (.510).

History isn't always the best judgement of the future, no matter if that history is the past 60 years, or the past 3.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:23 AM   #24
BIGRlilw
Recruit

Male

BIGRlilw has hatched from the shell

Ok, you can go with 6, I say we lose 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BIGRlilw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #25
BlueEagles06
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
BlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPitBlueEagles06 rules the CockPit

11-1

Loss is to ECU. Always lose one we shouldn't.
BlueEagles06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #26
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

12-0 is a real possiblity depending on QB and CB play. Auburn is going to be the toughest game.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:33 AM   #27
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

SC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talons

I say 10-2 with losses @Florida and @Auburn, but honestly this is probably the toughest schedule we have had in about five years.

We could easily lose 3-4 games and I would not be surprised especially with our extremely inexperienced defense. Even ECU is going to be tough IMO they are the UCF of next year.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #28
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

I never predict a loss, I consider it bad luck.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #29
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

9-3 or 10-2...losses to Florida and Auburn. Uga toss up
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #30
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

12-0! Forecasting failure is for those who are afraid of fulfilling their greatness. j/k, seriously though, I don't like predicting any L's and this team next year is going to be awesome (If we get 2 good DE's and 2 good CB's.)

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #31
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMACOCK View Post
vs Texas A&M No Manziel...W
vs East Carolina W
vs Georgia We do not lose at home...W
at Vanderbilt No Franklin...W
vs Missouri @home...W
at Kentucky W
vs Furman W
at Auburn Tough game...L
vs Tennessee Revenge is sweet...W
at Florida UF rebounds next year, close one...W
vs South Alabama W
at Clemson Boyd, Watkins, Bryant, Beasley, Catanzaro et al...gone...W

Bit of deja vu here. I recall someone doing this last year about the 2013 season and predicting great things. I won't fall for that again!
Old 01-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #32
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

WAYYYY TOO EARLY to predict next season.
We don't know who else we will lose to attrition, who are signees are, who other teams signees are.

But just for sh its and giggles, I'll throw my two cents in.

Vs Texas A&M: W (close one though...I expect a sloppy game)
East Carolina: W (should pull way late)
Georgia: W (win...UGA loses too much on offense and D is still bad)
At Vanderbilt: W (James Franklin will be gone...Vandy goes back to being Vandy)
Vs Missouri: W (again, too many key losses..still a tough game)
At Kentucky: W (UK will be improved, and this is a trap game for me)
Vs Furman: W (no question)
At Auburn: L (we just don't play well against them...and it is in Auburn)_
Vs Tennessee: W (UT will take a step back with a brand new Oline and new defense)
At Florida: ? (I have a feeling Florida will be better next year...toss up for me)
Vs South Alabama: W (please)
At Clemson: W (My guess is Watson starts by this point...should be a sixth in a row..sadly I think the streak ends after this win)

Call me crazy, but I think Florida competes for a division title again next season with a new coordinator running a simpler scheme. Plus, their D is going to be VERY GOOD.

The division should come down to us and Florida...UGA will be down..Mizzou I think finishes third. Kentucky and Vandy will battle to stay out of the cellar while UT will finish ahead of them, and possibly UGA.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #33
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tag View Post
I say 10-2 with losses @Florida and @Auburn, but honestly this is probably the toughest schedule we have had in about five years.

We could easily lose 3-4 games and I would not be surprised especially with our extremely inexperienced defense. Even ECU is going to be tough IMO they are the UCF of next year.
You are right.
I can see us losing to TAMU, Florida, Auburn..and for some reason the Kentucky game is worrying me as a trap (we typically lose a game we shouldn't every year)
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:46 PM   #34
ATL2001
Walk On

Male

ATL2001 has hatched from the shell

7 wins
5 question marks
lotta time between now and then

And I am sure the Aggies are saying they will knock us off a Shaw-less (and JD-less) USC team ...

Tenn will be a mystery team as they lose a ton of linemen apparently but have had some solid recruiting under Jones

vs Texas A&M ???
vs East Carolina W
vs Georgia ???
at Vanderbilt No Franklin...W
vs Missouri @home. ???
at Kentucky W
vs Furman W
at Auburn ????
vs Tennessee Revenge ???
at Florida UF W
vs South Alabama W
at Clemson W

I think with our OL returning intact and the fact we have a very deep group of RBs we will rely on the run and let the QB (whomever that is) use the run while developing.

Just my opinion but I dont think Dylan will hold off the other two, primarily Noso since he is a close clone to Shaw and the O we have run in previous years. But whomever it is, I think 28 and 22 will be the go to guys
ATL2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #35
ATL2001
Walk On

Male

ATL2001 has hatched from the shell

BTW -

here is who will likely be under center for the Aggies in 2014

Lot of similarities between these two schools heading into next season

Kenny Hill is a former 4* recruit that was their #2 in mop up duty. From what Ive read he was too good to RS last year

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ny-Hill-125938

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....l-season.html/
ATL2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #36
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

No way of knowing what we or they will have until fall camp.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #37
vthokies
Recruit

Male

vthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his clawsvthokies is sharpening his claws

Connor Shaw was probably my favorite QB in the country to watch. So gritty, he could engineer a come back better than anyone. The SEC East is a real spin next year, so many great QBs leaving. I'm wondering why Mizz is being counted out by ESPN. Mauk did a great job stepping in. I can say this, it'll be 6 straight over Clemson. ECU... The worst team VT schedules every year. They almost beat us everytime and have. It's a trap game. They are a good team every year.
vthokies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #38
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Per Auburn: Tre Mason just announced he's leaving. That makes that game a smidge easier.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #39
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

Texas A&M can't build a good team in a day. The fact is they have lost a ton of talent each of the past two years and they only went 9-4 this year because of manziel and evans. They have no defense. I like Sumlin and they are getting some great recruits on both sides of the ball for the future but this team doesn't look like one that is going to compete for the SEC next year. It won't be easy, but at home I think we have a big advantage
Old 01-09-2014, 04:55 PM   #40
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

funny those predict Florida close...wasn't it close this year and they SUCKED
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote