CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
4gamecockfb
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
OscarTheGrouch
RGHoskins
Acockolypse Now
bigdog2003
GoldenSpur7
Spurrier_Superior_On
Diamond DeSheilds, U (2645)
how has more ESPN an (1414)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1004)
Gamecock Legacy recr (739)
Clemson's At It Agai (497)
Women's bb - Deshiel (476)
22 ways to annoy peo (369)
$15 home AC (348)
Hope Springs Eternal (270)
Why sports will alwa (234)
Playstation 4
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
how has more ESPN anounce
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Joeckel Transfering from
Victor Hampton Arrested
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Hope Springs Eternal
Connor Mitch

Old 01-09-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Shame on Bama if they hire Lame Kiffen ....

Seriously, why would Bama hire this scrub. I WILL NEVER pull for Bama again even if they are representing the SEC in a Title game.

Last edited by USCBASEBALL1; 01-09-2014 at 08:27 PM.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #2
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shame on Bama if they hire Lame Kiffen ....

Lane is actually a pretty good coordinator ... HORRIBLE coach, but have to give credit where it's due ... VERY LITTLE CREDIT.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #3
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

If I was Alabama I would look at UCF and Charlie Taafe.He's done an excellent job everywhere he 's been and he's tough enough to work for Nick which I understand ain't easy.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #4
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

If they do hire him, I'm sure they'll have him recruiting for them too. Dude is a POS, but he, for some weird reason can recruit like a MF'er. I guess it's the gas pumping stories he uses to reel them in.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #5
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

I think the Vols want this to happen more than anything.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #6
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

If it causes their decline.

I'm all for it
Old 01-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I guess I'm one of a very few that like Lane. I think he is a good offensive coach.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #8
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

I think it'd be hilarious if Bama hires Morris. It'd be trying to beat Malzahn with Malzahn's deputy.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #9
3MTA3
Starter

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
I think it'd be hilarious if Bama hires Morris. It'd be trying to beat Malzahn with Malzahn's deputy.
Morris ain't doing the lateral move thing (yeah yeah, I know Bama's OC is a much better job than Clem's OC, but I'm talking OC to OC)
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #10
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
Morris ain't doing the lateral move thing (yeah yeah, I know Bama's OC is a much better job than Clem's OC, but I'm talking OC to OC)
I don't know, there's some talk that Strong may be interested in him.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #11
scfanz
Starter

Male

scfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPit

Kiffen and Bobby Petrino are cut from the same slimy mold. Anyone who hires either of those two deserve everything they will be getting. Bama needs to think this one over long and hard.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #12
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

'Bama.... shame.... 'Bama.... shame...

Yeah, they've got none of that.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #13
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

I'd like it as well. Success as a head coach doesn't necessarily translate to success as a coordinator (and vice versa). Lane may have sucked in his three stints as a HC, but I think he is and would be a good OC and recruiter for Bama.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #14
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanz View Post
Kiffen and Bobby Petrino are cut from the same slimy mold. Anyone who hires either of those two deserve everything they will be getting. Bama needs to think this one over long and hard.
Except Petrino can actually coach worth a darn.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #15
eggroll
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50000
eggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talons

Bama probably gets 70-80% of the blue chip prospects they want simply because they're Bama. Same is the case with SoCAL. IMHO the recruiting angle is overblown.

Kiffin has turned every place he has been a coach in the last 7 year into a poisonous, rotting mess. Why would this be any different?
eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #16
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I don't know how to tell if he's a good coach or not. He hasn't been successful anywhere, to my knowledge, but the extent of my awareness of him only goes back to when he took over Sarkesian's finely tuned machine, followed by several mediocre to poor head coaching performances.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #17
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Any idea why Bama's OC left for Michigan? That's pretty much a lateral move at best. Maybe he was forced out to allow for Lame to come in?
Old 01-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #18
palmettosc
Recruit

Male

palmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudlypalmettosc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
I don't know how to tell if he's a good coach or not. He hasn't been successful anywhere, to my knowledge, but the extent of my awareness of him only goes back to when he took over Sarkesian's finely tuned machine, followed by several mediocre to poor head coaching performances.
You've got it backwards. Kiffin set that up and Sarkisian moved in after Kiffin went to the Raiders. Dude's a good OC, just not a good head coach.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #19
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
His offense and Saban don't mix.Saban's a traditional offense kind of guy.Morris goes for the hurry up,jet sweep kind of offense.

Alabama will always be a physical team under Saban.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #20
35-21
Tons-A-Fun

Male

35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggroll View Post
Bama probably gets 70-80% of the blue chip prospects they want simply because they're Bama. Same is the case with SoCAL. IMHO the recruiting angle is overblown.

Kiffin has turned every place he has been a coach in the last 7 year into a poisonous, rotting mess. Why would this be any different?
Don't get me wrong - Lane seems like a first class d-bag, but this is something that drive me nuts. Name one place the guy has gone that wasn't a tire fire before he got there.