CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GarnetSwarm1990
kingofnerf
NinjaSven
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
Gamecocks1137
Sandstorm29
MWard
robgusc76
Wilds & Carson B (2477)
Marquavius Lewis (2382)
So, why is next year (2257)
How Long Will The Re (1385)
Restaurant musts in (1053)
Why do so many of yo (964)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (802)
Shot in the arm for (794)
Custom Jersey (416)
5 Gourmet Foods That (277)
How Long Will The Rebuild
2015 Commitment - Dante S
2015 Signee - Sherrod Pit
Further clarification on
Marquavius Lewis
Why do so many of you guy
The Vent and Coaching cha
Previewing Clemson
2015 - Mark Fields
2015 - Cedarius Rookard

Old 01-09-2014, 05:06 PM   #41
AlshonLattimore
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
AlshonLattimore is sharpening his clawsAlshonLattimore is sharpening his clawsAlshonLattimore is sharpening his clawsAlshonLattimore is sharpening his clawsAlshonLattimore is sharpening his claws
Default Re: Predicting 2014

So hard to predict until we can see how Dylan plays. We have to replace to upper classmen at Corner, Clowney, Quarles, and the heart and sould of our team Connor Shaw.

O line remaining intact is huge because Dylan is a pocket passer and needs time to get rid of the ball. Similar to last year our defense is going to have some growing pains and will need a few games to get their legs under them. If Dylan is protected then our offense could easily average 30+ pts a game with all the weapons we have returning, but our D is going to give up some points. That is just a fact. No returning corners with solid game experience and noone on the D line that is a proven pass rusher..... That spells trouble for a defense and similar to A&M the last two years our offense is going to have to put up pts and cover the Ds mistakes.

That being said, I think we drop one early to UGA or Mizzou and its going to be a game where our offense plays well but we cant slow them down on defense (ala UGA from this past season). Until we prove we can beat Auburn I have to put that down as a loss, we never play well against them and that offense is so hard to defend without a stud D line which we have no idea how that D line is going to be next year. I could also see us losing to Florida but I think Muschamp has lost that program so I am going to call that one a win.

Another 10-2 season with a heartbreaker early in the season that sets us back. Top 15 finish
AlshonLattimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #42
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Per Auburn: Tre Mason just announced he's leaving. That makes that game a smidge easier.
Except that opens the door for Cameron Artis-Payne, a highly rated JUCO RB, and they are set to sign the No. 2 RB in the country, Racean Thomas (5'11, 200).

Plus they still have that horseshoe up their ass.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #43
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlshonLattimore View Post
So hard to predict until we can see how Dylan plays. We have to replace to upper classmen at Corner, Clowney, Quarles, and the heart and sould of our team Connor Shaw.

O line remaining intact is huge because Dylan is a pocket passer and needs time to get rid of the ball. Similar to last year our defense is going to have some growing pains and will need a few games to get their legs under them. If Dylan is protected then our offense could easily average 30+ pts a game with all the weapons we have returning, but our D is going to give up some points. That is just a fact. No returning corners with solid game experience and noone on the D line that is a proven pass rusher..... That spells trouble for a defense and similar to A&M the last two years our offense is going to have to put up pts and cover the Ds mistakes.

That being said, I think we drop one early to UGA or Mizzou and its going to be a game where our offense plays well but we cant slow them down on defense (ala UGA from this past season). Until we prove we can beat Auburn I have to put that down as a loss, we never play well against them and that offense is so hard to defend without a stud D line which we have no idea how that D line is going to be next year. I could also see us losing to Florida but I think Muschamp has lost that program so I am going to call that one a win.

Another 10-2 season with a heartbreaker early in the season that sets us back. Top 15 finish

Very possible.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #44
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I wonder if College Gameday will be in Cola for the first game?
Old 01-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #45
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000420
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I wonder if College Gameday will be in Cola for the first game?
Thursday game
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #46
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

vs Texas A&M-W (kind of a toss up game not sure what they'll have on offense but we all know their D is very suspect)

vs East Carolina-W

vs Georgia-W (Running game will be there but they will need to replace 3 O-lineman, should be a low scoring game)

at Vanderbilt-W (Losing Franklin will hurt them bad but we seem to struggle a lot at Vandy, win anyway)

vs Missouri-L (This one is tough to me because our lack of knowledge about the corner spot makes this hard, no Shaw to pull us out of the hole this year, Loss, FOR NOW)

at Kentucky-W ( Will be young but talented with a solid 2014 class)

vs Furman-W

at Auburn-W (Our linebackers will be the difference in this game, I think they come up big)

vs Tennessee-W (Boys will come out strong and offense will be clicking from first snap)

at Florida-W (Their offense sucks....Need I say more?)

vs South Alabama-W

at Clemson-W (Dylan will once again own them in their house)

11-1 should put us in great shape to be in the SEC title game.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #47
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
vs Texas A&M-W (kind of a toss up game not sure what they'll have on offense but we all know their D is very suspect)

vs East Carolina-W

vs Georgia-W (Running game will be there but they will need to replace 3 O-lineman, should be a low scoring game)

at Vanderbilt-W (Losing Franklin will hurt them bad but we seem to struggle a lot at Vandy, win anyway)

vs Missouri-L (This one is tough to me because our lack of knowledge about the corner spot makes this hard, no Shaw to pull us out of the hole this year, Loss, FOR NOW)

at Kentucky-W ( Will be young but talented with a solid 2014 class)

vs Furman-W

at Auburn-W (Our linebackers will be the difference in this game, I think they come up big)

vs Tennessee-W (Boys will come out strong and offense will be clicking from first snap)

at Florida-W (Their offense sucks....Need I say more?)

vs South Alabama-W

at Clemson-W (Dylan will once again own them in their house)

11-1 should put us in great shape to be in the SEC title game.
I see a loss @ Aubie more than a loss to Mizzou.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #48
gamecockguy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

vs Texas A&M - WIN
vs East Carolina - WIN
vs Georgia - WIN
at Vanderbilt - WIN
vs Missouri - WIN
at Kentucky - LOSS
vs Furman - WIN
at Auburn - WIN
vs Tennessee - WIN
at Florida - LOSS
vs South Alabama - WIN
at Clemson - WIN

10-2. Second place to somebody in the East
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:30 PM   #49
chapincock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 250
chapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudlychapincock is crowing loudly

Not trying to be a sunshine pumper by any means, but I think a lot of people forget what does happen in the off season. We have a darn good coaching staff that has repeatedly turned so-so players into key contributors. We have a strength and conditioning program that is turning these high school kids into disciplined, physically capable men. We have players that learned on the job. A fan base (except here expecting losses) that believe every game is a chance to pack the stands and win. Along with that, an 18 win streak at home. Our guys on the field are proud to play for this team; there is pride amongst our guys that I've never seen at this level. For the last 4 years, I've seen people predict that we will fail.

Yeah we will probably have a loss...maybe 2, hell maybe we lose them all. But I see no reason we don't go 12-0 this year.

Side note: think we haven't beat auburn since 1933....we owe them. That's a win.
chapincock is offline   Reply With Quote