CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
thumpin big
Gamecocks1137
FanofCarolina1
JerseyBird
carolinacocky
CockyInTexas
TheUniversityofSC
kingoftheroost
2014 Charleston Clas (4553)
Should UNC get death (1059)
Mullen Pulls QB's Sc (865)
Could Pharoh Run the (786)
BJ Mckie (653)
Huge recruiting week (562)
ESPN's Mike Golic ke (507)
Getting Back on Trac (506)
Big George Statue (482)
Challenge to or revi (326)
2014 Charleston Classic *
Womens Soccer NCAA Tourna
Frank Martin
Belk Bowl?
Could Pharoh Run the O Li
2015 - Joe Blue
Predict nonconference win
Mullen Pulls QB's Scholar
TV??
Huge recruiting weekend

Old 01-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #421
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Coaching Carousel

Chad needs to go back to Texahoma.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #422
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Chad needs to go back to Texahoma.
I'd like to see Chad go there(to Vandy), we certainly haven't had any problem against him. His O averages about 17 points a game against us.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:19 PM   #423
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Vandy AD says hold yer horses!!!

Vanderbilt: Athletic director David Williams tells the Associated Press that James Franklin has not accepted another job offer, as of 2:45 p.m ET. Earlier reports stated that Franklin is expected to accept the offer from Penn State.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:19 PM   #424
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
I'd like to see Chad go there(to Vandy), we certainly haven't had any problem against him. His O averages about 17 points a game against us.
I'm not sure Vandy can afford his buyout.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:19 PM   #425
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Vandy AD says hold yer horses!!!

Vanderbilt: Athletic director David Williams tells the Associated Press that James Franklin has not accepted another job offer, as of 2:45 p.m ET. Earlier reports stated that Franklin is expected to accept the offer from Penn State.
Franklin needs to man up and freaking make a decision already. This is already getting annoying.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #426
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Vandy has a $3 billion endowment and the lowest debt in the SEC. They can absolutely afford the buyout.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #427
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

I just want to thank Travelin for all this info. Man you have been doing a great job on this thread. Big thumbs up & rep brother. You da man
Old 01-09-2014, 05:26 PM   #428
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
Franklin needs to man up and freaking make a decision already. This is already getting annoying.
Yep...this reminds me of Bret Favre trying to decide about making a comeback. I'm over it already.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #429
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
The huge buyout on Morris' contract is apparently to go to another school as a non-head coach. Apparently if he gets a job as head coach the buyout is pretty insignificant.
thekob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:53 PM   #430
mick66
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Chad appears to be a serious candidate at Vandy, along with five or six others.
Word is that things are heating up in terms of Morris being hired as the OC at Texas. Again, just rumors, but supposedly Strong likes the idea and even more interesting is the rumor that Morris has let it be known that he has interest in the job.

Another tidbit is that Locksley is under consideration for a position at Texas. Seems unlikely, but that would likely put us way ahead for Prince.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:20 PM   #431
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesterFriendly View Post
I just want to thank Travelin for all this info. Man you have been doing a great job on this thread. Big thumbs up & rep brother. You da man
Thanks, man. I've enjoyed it, but damn it's time consuming! I hope they all get their ducks in a row, I need to get some work done!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #432
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick66 View Post
Word is that things are heating up in terms of Morris being hired as the OC at Texas. Again, just rumors, but supposedly Strong likes the idea and even more interesting is the rumor that Morris has let it be known that he has interest in the job.

Another tidbit is that Locksley is under consideration for a position at Texas. Seems unlikely, but that would likely put us way ahead for Prince.
I hadn't thought about that, but I have thought Chad might be holding back for a gig in Texas. That would be interesting. Even more interesting to see who dabo would try to bring in.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #433
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
The huge buyout on Morris' contract is apparently to go to another school as a non-head coach. Apparently if he gets a job as head coach the buyout is pretty insignificant.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Texas could flip the bill, though.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:28 PM   #434
Travelin
Household Name

Male

And more from Vandy:

As of Thursday afternoon, James Franklin is still head coach at Vanderbilt, according to athletic director David Williams, and Williams expects it to stay that way.
Reports Thursday morning stated that Franklin is expected to accept the head coaching offer at Penn State.
Williams joined 104.5 The Zone in Nashville and said that Franklin called him Thursday to say he has not accepted a job at another program, and that those reports were not true.

“We’re going to have a great football program here,” Williams said. “I have a great football coach. When we open up against Temple, I expect James Franklin to be on the sideline of that game, and not coaching Temple. If by chance he’s not, we’ll have somebody in there. To the fans: Just hang in there with us. He’s our football coach. Let’s treat him as our football coach until we know something different.
“James reached out to me today to tell me, ‘The things you’re hearing that I have accepted a job are untrue.’ I didn’t make that call. He made the call to me. He knew what was being said. He’s not saying, ‘I might not go,’ he said, ‘I want you to know, what you’re hearing right now is untrue.' That has happened a number of times since we’ve been here.”

Asked what he would tell the parent of a recruit, Williams made it clear he’s doing “everything possible to make sure he’s our football coach.”

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=...rts-are-untrue
Old 01-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #435
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Georgia Southern: Sources tell us Sam Houston State head coach Willie Fritz will be the new head coach at Georgia Southern

Louisville: Kevin Steele with be the defensive coordinator at Louisville per Brett McMurphy. Steele worked off the field at Alabama this past season.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:42 PM   #436
Travelin
Household Name

Male

I think the problem at Penn State is they haven't approved the hire...yet.

FootballScoop Staff ‏@footballscoop 1h At Penn State, sources say they are getting all necessary clearances. Might take 24 hours (or even until Saturday) but Franklin is their guy
Old 01-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #437
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick66 View Post

I was curious so I looked it up and just in case anyone else is curious...

The way I understand Morris' buyout is if he leaves today for another assistant job he has to pay back the school his annual salary ($1.3 Mil) x years left on contract (4). So that would be a buyout of $5.2 million.

If he were to leave for another assistant position anywhere between Jan 1, 2015 - Dec 31, 2017, the buyout is 25% annual pay x remaining years left on contract.

If he leaves for head coaching gig, there is no buyout.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #438
mick66
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Georgia Southern: Sources tell us Sam Houston State head coach Willie Fritz will be the new head coach at Georgia Southern

Louisville: Kevin Steele with be the defensive coordinator at Louisville per Brett McMurphy. Steele worked off the field at Alabama this past season.
I'll bet Steele is already watching film in preparation for their game at Clemson next year. I'm sure most of you remember, but just in case you don't, he was thrown under the bus by Clemson in epic fashion, as they put out the information that he had a breakdown during the Orange Bowl and started calling signals from when he was with the Panthers.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:49 AM   #439
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

"There's movement in the treeline!"
Old 01-10-2014, 08:47 AM   #440
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Washington Redskins: Jay Gruden said today, "I'm going to interview a lot of people." He noted that he's had 'about 350 texts' from people that want to coach for the Washington Redskins. Gruden noted that despite reports that surfaced this morning, he has not hired an offensive coordinator.

------------------------------------------------

Jim Tressel:
“I think I’m at a moment in my life where, interestingly enough, there are a lot of things swirling around,” he said. “We’re having an administrative change at the University of Akron. There are changes in my former profession going on. Obviously it trickles down to the staff. I think it’s going to be an interesting time in the next few weeks, next month. I wouldn’t count anything out.”

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=...t-anything-out

Last edited by Travelin; 01-10-2014 at 08:57 AM.