CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
NAGamecockFan
ChickenButt
No Comments on the H (1409)
Freshman ND WR " (479)
Call of Duty: Advanc (453)
Good Riddance to bad (266)
Keeping tailgate foo (249)
Things They Should H (224)
Vote For Cocky (219)
An A to Z of Noah We (135)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (116)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (39)
So Disappointed With The
Vote For Cocky
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ A
NCAAF: OREGON @ CALIFORNI
NCAAF: BYU @ BOISE STATE
NCAAF: TEXAS @ KANSAS STA
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI STATE
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MICHIGA
NCAAF: WEST VIRGINIA @ OK

Old 01-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #1
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material
Default 1999 We've come a LONG way

In 1999 we lost every single game.
Our SEASON total for points was 87.
We scored over 10 points in a game just TWO times.
Against NC State, East Carolina, Mississippi State, and Florida
combined we scored 6 points.

This season we scored 70 against Coastal in one game.

I was just reflecting on the past. Never forget the fans tearing down
the goal posts because we beat New Mexico State to end the draught.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:17 PM   #2
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 1999 We've come a LONG way

Thankfully I only vaguely remember those days.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:23 PM   #3
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10516
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Brad Scott. Big loser douche
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:31 PM   #4
Barry_gamecock
Average a post a day

Male

CockyCash: 327
Barry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot materialBarry_gamecock is USC mascot material

Holtz was our coach that year following Brad Scotts one win campaign (but perhaps you only meant to blame him for the condition he left the program in)
Old 01-10-2014, 01:32 AM   #5
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_gamecock View Post
In 1999 we lost every single game.
Our SEASON total for points was 87.
We scored over 10 points in a game just TWO times.
Against NC State, East Carolina, Mississippi State, and Florida
combined we scored 6 points.

This season we scored 70 against Coastal in one game.

I was just reflecting on the past. Never forget the fans tearing down
the goal posts because we beat New Mexico State to end the draught.
That was the first year that I remember the "that's another Carolina first down" cheer...we cheered first downs because that was about all we could cheer about.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:30 AM   #6
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I was in the stands.

Cheering.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #7
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I was a sophomore during the 1999 campaign. Haha my first two years we were 1-21. And I was there every game.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:14 AM   #8
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10516
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_gamecock View Post
Holtz was our coach that year following Brad Scotts one win campaign (but perhaps you only meant to blame him for the condition he left the program in)
Yep. He was captain of the ship when it was run aground
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #9
RockRocks787
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787

I remember those days. Back when some games could still only be heard on the radio.

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #10
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

We got killed on the OL.

We did not allow the taters to celebrate at midfield when they won.

anyone remember the Zero bars that they threw?
Old 01-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #11
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Which goes back to prove, Lou Holtz did just as much for our University/Program, as Steve Spurrier is doing. Lou Holtz was the guy to get us out of the dumps and get people talking about South Carolina Football in a positive way. He wasn't the guy we needed to stand against the powers to be or improve facilities, but he was the guy we needed on Saturdays to get us on the right path. I remember in the early Spurrier years people used to blast Coach Holtz because of his final season, and some of the (minor) issues he left behind. To me, Lou Holtz deserves just as much praise for where our program is now, as Steve Spurrier does.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #12
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I was in the stands.

Cheering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
I was a sophomore during the 1999 campaign. Haha my first two years we were 1-21. And I was there every game.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #13
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Which goes back to prove, Lou Holtz did just as much for our University/Program, as Steve Spurrier is doing. Lou Holtz was the guy to get us out of the dumps and get people talking about South Carolina Football in a positive way. He wasn't the guy we needed to stand against the powers to be or improve facilities, but he was the guy we needed on Saturdays to get us on the right path. I remember in the early Spurrier years people used to blast Coach Holtz because of his final season, and some of the (minor) issues he left behind. To me, Lou Holtz deserves just as much praise for where our program is now, as Steve Spurrier does.
I agree.
The only thing Lou did wrong was that he stayed on too long.
He should've left after the second outback bowl and given the program to one of his assistance (I think Charlie Strong was still on staff), or Skip. Of course, if that happened, we probably don't get Spurrier.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #14
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
There are people on this board that still blast Lou Holtz.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #15
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

I remember those days and was there tearing down the goal post. I remember crying from the relief that the horrible time was over and I wasn't the only one in the stands crying.

Saying we've come a long way is an understatement.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:54 PM   #16
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 918
treyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his clawstreyno2722 is sharpening his claws

I remember the night we lost to Vandy and that was when Vandy was awful. The score that night was 11-10. I knew they wouldn't beat Tenn, Florida or Clemson after that. Those were the days when I could listen to the games on the Internet, for free!
treyno2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #17
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I was in the stands.

Cheering.
I was nine years old and my parents stayed four quarters for every single home game. I'm thankful they made me stay and watch until the last play, Helps me realize and appreciate how far we've truly come.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #18
5lbYardcock
Two Deep

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

I was drunk as hel but was still at most of the games.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:12 PM   #19
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

Quote:
Brad Scott.
A lot of folks believe Sparky Woods was the worst coach we ever had, but at least Sparky did not completely destroy the program like Fatso did. Porky Scott had no business on the sidelines as anything other than the water boys coach.

He was only hired by Bowdin at Moo U for inside information, and because he could call markers due from certain people at USC for additional info, which he was known to have done at least once. After he outlived his usefulness to the Taters, he was thrown out with the rest of the trash.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:16 PM   #20
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox View Post
A lot of folks believe Sparky Woods was the worst coach we ever had, but at least Sparky did not completely destroy the program like Fatso did. Porky Scott had no business on the sidelines as anything other than the water boys coach.

He was only hired by Bowdin at Moo U for inside information, and because he could call markers due from certain people at USC for additional info, which he was known to have done at least once. After he outlived his usefulness to the Taters, he was thrown out with the rest of the trash.
Wasn't he with Clemson for ten years? He was useful with inside information for that long?

He isn't coaching anywhere else?
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote