CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
ConwayGamecock
Cocks N Stuff
Sandstorm29
Cockypantherfan
Gamecocks1137
Lonnie
CoverTwo
cockybreeyan
Travelin
Wilds & Carson B (1488)
Marquavius Lewis (1316)
How Long Will The Re (833)
So, why is next year (689)
Restaurant musts in (632)
S & F article on (390)
Brad Lawing USC / Fl (304)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (281)
Spurrier Says " (226)
'Lord of the Rings: (146)
**USC Women vs. Hampton G
Marquavius Lewis
2015 Commitment - Dexter
The Vent and Coaching cha
Why do so many of you guy
2015 - Mark Fields
Restaurant musts in NYC
Wilds & Carson Back f
So, why is next year goin
2015 Commitment - Sherrod

Old 01-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #21
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talonsrrsandersjr has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: dawn staley

She has built this team into a national power without highly ranked recruiting classes. The women's team plays like she played...hard nosed, in your face defense and just enough offense to win. Imagine where they can go with the recruits that are coming in next year.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #22
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

thanks for all the responses guys..

I had forgot she turned down Virginia a few years back..

I bet she would be a good mens coach too

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #23
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 1328867758
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Before Dawn Staley, I had NEVER watched a Women's Basketball game from start to finish.....
never had a desire to! But since Coach Staley has gotten here, she has brought determination,
excitement, and tremendous potential! Now I watch every game I can! Eventually, our fan base
will get caught in the fever...... many already have!

If you have not seen the Ladies play, you owe it to yourself to take in a game!

No doubt in my mind, we are on the cusp of doing great things, and it will be fun to watch!

Do you think Dawn Staley wants to miss out on all that? Hell no! She is the driving force!!!

Lastly, Ray Tanner will do whatever it takes to keep Dawn Staley in the Garnet & Black!
Old 01-10-2014, 11:44 PM   #24
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
She has built this team into a national power without highly ranked recruiting classes. The women's team plays like she played...hard nosed, in your face defense and just enough offense to win. Imagine where they can go with the recruits that are coming in next year.
Exactly; can you imagine what Dawn will do with a top 5 class full of five star players?
Old 01-11-2014, 12:05 AM   #25
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

She wants to win a national championship here.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:31 AM   #26
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 866
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
So is Kanye West also banned from singing the National Anthem at NCAA Tourney events due to his use of flag in his clothing line?
actually i think he is
Old 01-11-2014, 12:58 AM   #27
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
She wants to win a national championship here.
I think she will. Look what she's doing with this year's relatively young team that will only keep getting better. Add next year's top 5 class (number 1 if A'ja Wilson comes here) and we could win a national championship next year.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #28
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600000
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

How big was the crowd for the Kentucky game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #29
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 39263636
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post

Announced attendance was 5,689
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #30
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post

The crowd was every bit 5K or more. No tickets sold but 3K in the stands bull. By far the best crowd for a January game in the last 5 years on the women’s side. I really think we have potential to have 6-7K or more at a few games this year.

This team, and the way they play, get the crowd into it and then feeds off of the energy. I am not trying to sound like a homer, but I truly believe we have a chance to have a program that will compete for MULTIPLE National Championships here with one of the best coaches ever running the show.

Right now in what was supposed to be a "Rebuilding Year" we are 3rd in the NATION in PPG allowed at 49.9 and 5th in the NATION in FG%. The team has shot over 50% in 8 games this year, something we had only done 12 times in the past 5 years. If this continues, we can play with just about anyone in the country. With the class that is coming in & the fact that we lose 1 SR that averages about 5 min/game, it is crazy to think about how good we can be.

Coach Staley deserves all the praise she gets. She is a very caring person that is turning young women into great adults. I can not think of a better person to be a Gamecock and I am very grateful to Coach Tanner for feeling the same way. If she leaves it will not be because of salary as long as he is here.
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:52 PM   #31
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600000
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Great post, Todd803!! Thanks and I strongly agree with your post!

jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #32
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I keep saying I am going to make a home game... Got to get there for one.