CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TheUniversityofSC
sporkgod50
Spurticus
Regalcock
gamecockgal
garnet_black215
sanford
cocky0
U-Dub Gamecock
RGHoskins
Gators brag on Clown (660)
Marines confront fak (610)
Another UGA player a (377)
Ryan Wood leaving P& (370)
Southern Miss player (288)
Predict TAMU 2014 (263)
Kick e'm Horns! (227)
Any PC builders here (192)
2014-15 Premier Leag (168)
Baby Gamecock is her (152)
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Coach's media golf press
****Official 2014 Gamecoc
Another UGA player arrest
Frank Caliendo + Morgan F
Name a Gamecock
Gators brag on Clowney
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Gurley or Davis
Signee James Thompson arr

Old 01-11-2014, 03:17 AM   #41
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 25308312
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Yancey, how is it? And how much is it?
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #42
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.101 View Post
Yancey, how is it? And how much is it?
Pricing has not been released yet. Launch is 4-4-14. It has been a while since I have played a MMRPG and I am liking the changes. I feel comfortable in Tamriel from the past Elder Scrolls games. As it stands now I will grab the game upon release. They said that there will be another couple of beta weekends before launch. You can sign up here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/beta

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #43
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
I've had a couple of crashes so far tonight.
Had one crash late last night but was able to jump right back in. I like some of the changes. Don't like how it is now solo all the way to starting city. I liked it when there were tons of people in the newb section running around. I do like starting in your racial city now. And even though they split us up there was still a lot of folks running around the map. The amount of content is huge so far. I also really like playing for 8 hours and just making level 7 and was never without a quest or something to do. The crafting system seems as if it will be very good. I made some small stuff and all the things you can add to it seems like it will keep it interesting. All in all I think this will be an excellent game.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #44
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
Had one crash late last night but was able to jump right back in. I like some of the changes. Don't like how it is now solo all the way to starting city. I liked it when there were tons of people in the newb section running around. I do like starting in your racial city now. And even though they split us up there was still a lot of folks running around the map. The amount of content is huge so far. I also really like playing for 8 hours and just making level 7 and was never without a quest or something to do. The crafting system seems as if it will be very good. I made some small stuff and all the things you can add to it seems like it will keep it interesting. All in all I think this will be an excellent game.
I had just a few in the start up area as well. I am guessing that this area will just be used as a tutorial to instruct people in the game basics. My Nord was in the same island village as in the past. Maybe I will roll a different race. I am getting 201 errors when trying to log on this morning. :(

#ModForMod
Old 01-11-2014, 11:47 AM   #45
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
I had just a few in the start up area as well. I am guessing that this area will just be used as a tutorial to instruct people in the game basics. My Nord was in the same island village as in the past. Maybe I will roll a different race. I am getting 201 errors when trying to log on this morning. :(
I had a wood elf and ended up somewhere totally different this time around. A shipwrecked island, Khavari's Roost. We were there with the Khajit and HIgh Elves.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:52 AM   #46
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Quote:
Yeah just tried, got 103 and 108. Just said failed to connect to server. Seems like they are getting the stress test they wanted.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #47
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Just checked forums. Servers down for maintenance.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #48
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Another one has come and gone sadly. Can't wait for release. I was actually able to complete the whole island this time. The graphics keep getting more impressive everytime. I noticed there was considerably more detail this time then the last beta, especially in my armor. Still a few bugs with the quest. Some of the main mobs wouldn't spawn, usually a relog would fix this. Found some typos here and there. But as far as the mechanics and gameplay, all of that seemed spot on. I think the crafting is going to be special. I spent some time on it at the end and was having fun. The thing about this game is that you are always in a group even though you dont join a group. I never once joined up in a group but I was always fighting along side with someone through the entire map. I think that is very cool. You get to finish the content without the commitment of being in a group. If you want to go your own way you can just take off and someone else will be wherever it is your going. However there are group dungeons, that is the one area I did not get to go. I actually forgot about it and was a few levels higher and decided to just continue on to the other areas. My gear was actually starting to take shape toward level 15. I was starting to get some shiny stuff and it looked great. I saw a few unique items as well and they looked good. One was a legendary bow that dropped off a boss mob in one of the crossbone camps and it looked cool. All in all a great game and can't wait to be able to play full time.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #49
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

I got in a long time ago but the damn launcher is SHIT.

Been invited to the last 6 "BETA invites" but haven't gotten into game yet...sad day.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:15 PM   #50
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

I ended up rolling a few extra toons so I could play in each of the three entry worlds. All were cool. Bio, send a message to ESO support. They have been fantastic about getting back to me.

#ModForMod
Old 01-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #51
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Quote:
I ended up rolling a few extra toons so I could play in each of the three entry worlds. All were cool. Bio, send a message to ESO support. They have been fantastic about getting back to me.
Whats good is that I was only on one island and had tons of population on it. Wasn't an area on the map that didn't have someone running by. But to think that they were 2 other islands with just as many. I hope it stays that strong at launch.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #52
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The latest: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...nicle-issue-41

#ModForMod
Old 01-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #53
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition Leaked by Amazon

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...ource=facebook

#ModForMod
Old 01-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #54
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Is it true that if you get it for console that you have to pay an added subscription fee plus Xbox live?(or psn network)

Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:52 PM   #55
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
Is it true that if you get it for console that you have to pay an added subscription fee plus Xbox live?(or psn network)
I would assume that the subscription fee is totally separate then the network fee, so I would say yes. Live and PSN will charge no matter what game, ESO will charge just for this game as if it were on a PC.
According to Bethesda, Sony was the pusher to bring the game to the console. Bethesda had no intention for this to be a console game at first. So I don't know if there is some deal worked out with Sony on pricing or not.

That being said,

Quote:
Bethesda marketing boss Peter Hines told the Official Xbox Magazine that Bethesda is trying to see if Elder Scrolls Online can be exempt from Xbox Live Gold.
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/elde...scription-fees

Quote:
The Elder Scrolls Online launches in 2014 for the Xbox One, PS4, and PC. The game will carry a $15/month subscription fee. Xbox One and PS4 players will also need to pay for Xbox Live and PlayStation Plus to access the game. Bethesda previously said it is "pushing" Microsoft to drop this requirement on the Xbox One.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/son.../1100-6414148/

Old 01-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #56
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Quote:
The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition Leaked by Amazon

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...ource=facebook

Just saw where it is on their main site too. Amazon doesn't have the imperial edition for PC though. I hope it does at some point. I have gift cards!

Also check out the release dates on the PS4 and Xbox....June 2014, whereas the PC version states April. Looks like GTAV in reverse.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/preorder

Last edited by Cockadoo; 01-29-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #57
ILikeTurtles
Walk On

Male

ILikeTurtles has feathers coming inILikeTurtles has feathers coming inILikeTurtles has feathers coming in

New cinematic.

ILikeTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #58
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

I've heard some rumors but nothing definitive Metal.

#ModForMod
Old 01-29-2014, 04:54 PM   #59
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Dang.. That sucks.. I was really looking forward to it, but $60+$180/year is a bit steep for me. Especially after buying the X1

Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #60
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeTurtles View Post
New cinematic.
I swear they have the best trailers ever. Their passion for the game shows in these movies. The art, storytelling and imagination is really good. The company even has their own lore master for Christ's sakes lol.