CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
IBleedGarnetandBlack
CockyLifer
b381l
kingofnerf
Acockolypse Now
WeStillOwnUSC
TexAgTrojan
Order 66
GH
Garnet Gamecock
So, Dylan Thompson? (5136)
Confused fan here. (3677)
Is anybody still opt (3476)
Here's a terrifying (2504)
Predict the Season ( (2343)
Acock's Wrap Up: TAM (1832)
How were the Aggie f (1150)
Could Mike Davis Be (1118)
David Williams?? (1100)
This says it all. (925)
So, Dylan Thompson?
2015 Commitment - Michael
Is anybody still optimist
Recruiting Question
A&M vent thread
Confused fan here. Why i
Plugging Holes W/Recruiti
Priority #1: Teach Tackli
QB Kenny Hill named start
Could Mike Davis Be Back

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #41
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney's 1st big purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Stupid
Explain....
Old 01-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #42
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

He hasn't decided what his new car will be. Window shopping.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #43
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet girl View Post
He hasn't decided what his new car will be. Window shopping.
He should, first buy a subscription to Consumer Reports then. I hear Camry is popular and reliable.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #44
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

All he did was take a picture if a Bentley. Most Bentley's take a good while to get made to your custom settings.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:36 PM   #45
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Sometimes it's about enjoying life. Not everything is about the investment. I hope he will enjoy his money, but set aside enough to live on after football.
I think we all understand that, enjoying life, but there are tons of broke athletes and artists. He should be saving now, and buy for fun later. You never know he could get seriously hurt, or it could be the start of bad money habits. So I know it wouldn't be my first purchase when I have a decent car as is. It's all for show, which is silly, but it's the world we live I guess. Material

for willy
Old 01-11-2014, 09:39 PM   #46
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
He should, first buy a subscription to Consumer Reports then. I hear Camry is popular and reliable.
You're worried about him getting injured and going broke already, and he probably hasn't even put on pads since he left South Carolina. I would hate to see how much you fear when he starts getting paychecks and starts buying houses (for himself and mother).

You can pretty much guarantee that he is going to buy his mother a house, and car, and probably support her in many other ways too. You can also pretty much guarantee that he is going to buy a nice luxurious car, which probably will include a V8 or higher engine, which will be capable of going very fast.

I don't understand the fear of him getting hurt, or getting a nice car. It is his life, and is money. This is his opportunity. Let the man live his life without having people try to tell him what to do with it. Other than your significant other, who tells you want to do on a daily basis (with finance options)?
Old 01-11-2014, 09:39 PM   #47
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Ehhhh...could have picked something far better than a Bentley...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #48
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
You're worried about him getting injured and going broke already, and he probably hasn't even put on pads since he left South Carolina. I would hate to see how much you fear when he starts getting paychecks and starts buying houses (for himself and mother).

You can pretty much guarantee that he is going to buy his mother a house, and car, and probably support her in many other ways too. You can also pretty much guarantee that he is going to buy a nice luxurious car, which probably will include a V8 or higher engine, which will be capable of going very fast.

I don't understand the fear of him getting hurt, or getting a nice car. It is his life, and is money. This is his opportunity. Let the man live his life without having people try to tell him what to do with it. Other than your significant other, who tells you want to do on a daily basis (with finance options)?
Celebrities and other people with a lot of money tell him should buy things like Bentleys because he about to get rich so I am going to tell him he should buy a Camry and invest as much as you can without blowing it right away. All you need is a reliable to car to get you to your job or time or better yet early for practice and workouts where you are going to show your boss how you are going to work your butt off, not looking at things like Bentleys meant for partying and showing and and getting in trouble.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #49
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Let the dude live his life and do what he wishes.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #50
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
Let the dude live his life and do what he wishes.
I can't stop the guy from doing what he wants, but when I see these guys go out and immediately start buying all this sh*t it is very clear to me that they are not responsible or mature enough to handle all this money thrown their way.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #51
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Celebrities and other people with a lot of money tell him should buy things like Bentleys because he about to get rich so I am going to tell him he should buy a Camry and invest as much as you can without blowing it right away. All you need is a reliable to car to get you to your job or time or better yet early for practice and workouts where you are going to show your boss how you are going to work your butt off, not looking at things like Bentleys meant for partying and showing and and getting in trouble.
I understand where you're coming from, but just because he is looking at an expensive car doesn't mean that someone told him to buy it. He honestly could just want it.

If you (or anyone) is upset with people telling me what he should buy, then you're pretty much going to be fighting with global media, since it's the "media" that puts out the image that no one goes broke when they're rich, and that rich people can buy anything and everything they want without any financial worries.

He's going to splurge a little. That is one of the benefits of having access to loads of cash. The problem comes after his first year. If he is in the prime of his career still spending millions on junk then people should be worried about his financial security. But not right now. In my opinion, at least.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #52
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

HE JUST STEREOTYPED HIMSELF

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:15 PM   #53
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Y'all are getting worked up for nothing HE DIDNT BUY THE CAR!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:21 PM   #54
usc91ece
Recruit

Male

usc91ece is learning to peck

I think jd will be ok. You guys that like bitcoins should check out ripple
Old 01-11-2014, 10:42 PM   #55
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

OMG. I hope not.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #56
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

It's comforting to know we have so many financial advisers here on this site. If I need advice, I know who to come too. I need to come to the people who want me to invest in fake internet coins with my real money.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #57
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
It's comforting to know we have so many financial advisers here on this site. If I need advice, I know who to come too. I need to come to the people who want me to invest in fake internet coins with my real money.

Bitcoin is/was a really smart investment if you purchased stock at the right time. It use to be a penny-stock, and has since exploded onto the scene. It had a risk of failing, but it's resurged a little since then.

If you would've bought upwards of 40,000 shares when it was a penny stock (literally would've been $400 investment), then you would've been sitting pretty with a couple thousand return on investment now. As for ripple, etc. I have no idea about.

I remember reading about Bitcoin when it was a penny stock though. Some dude bought 80,000 shares one night 4 or 5 years ago, and forgot about it, and then sold his 80,000 shares for like 7.2 Million.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #58
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
I understand where you're coming from, but just because he is looking at an expensive car doesn't mean that someone told him to buy it. He honestly could just want it.

If you (or anyone) is upset with people telling me what he should buy, then you're pretty much going to be fighting with global media, since it's the "media" that puts out the image that no one goes broke when they're rich, and that rich people can buy anything and everything they want without any financial worries.

He's going to splurge a little. That is one of the benefits of having access to loads of cash. The problem comes after his first year. If he is in the prime of his career still spending millions on junk then people should be worried about his financial security. But not right now. In my opinion, at least.
They tell him by their image. I just hope he stays grounded, stays out trouble and invests his money wisely. Big house, fancy car or two sure. Just hope he doesn't over do it and he should be spending the money before he actually has it.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #59
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
They tell him by their image. I just hope he stays grounded, stays out trouble and invests his money wisely. Big house, fancy car or two sure. Just hope he doesn't over do it and he should be spending the money before he actually has it.
True, and I agree. My point was more so that now isn't the time to worry. But I agree, if he starts buying a lot of expensive assets "just cause" then I would worry a little. Not so much though, cause it's his life and my input wouldn't matter to him.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:37 PM   #60
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

so, does anyone have any idea if he actually purchased a Bentley?
Closed Thread