CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
taylorssc
DTGCOCKS#32
KaneisAble
Master Bedroom
GarnetSwarm1990
Pw00132
carolinacocky
sunbeam
kingofnerf
400 pasing yards (1003)
HBC Weekly Presser (999)
Funny? (975)
Thompson Has Neck In (929)
Nosovitch (689)
Zone Read Analysis w (564)
What fish do you eat (526)
KY Suspends 4 Player (486)
Clowney didnt get ma (357)
4th & 1 Play (290)
Thompson Has Neck Injury
HBC Weekly Presser
QB Recruiting Strategy
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Thoughts on the basketbal
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
Build a New Stadium
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi

Old 01-11-2014, 11:17 PM   #21
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material
Default Re: Beasley staying

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockGuardsman View Post
Didn't he also say that Kyle Parker could have been a starting NFL QB if he stayed?
I could be wrong, but I think he said that when Kyle was starting for Clemson that he could "start for half the teams in the NFL." I don't believe he said he needed another year when he specifically said that quote.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:21 PM   #22
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockGuardsman View Post
Didn't he also say that Kyle Parker could have been a starting NFL QB if he stayed?
At least Kyle had a backup plan....Pro Baseball. Looks like he is being groomed for 1st base for the Rockies.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:42 PM   #23
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Keep acting like Dabo is a total joke, meanwhile Clemson is laughing all the way to the bank.

I know Dabo plays a hand in these decisions and that hand is sometimes questionable, but he's doing something right.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:51 PM   #24
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
This is the last guy on their team that should stay. When you're undersized/out of position and have a breakout year like that you have to go pro. It would be stupid not to.
Exactly. If his production goes down next year (almost guaranteed), he could slip way down the board.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:59 PM   #25
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

If Beasley get's hurt next year.....
Old 01-12-2014, 12:07 AM   #26
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
This is the last guy on their team that should stay. When you're undersized/out of position and have a breakout year like that you have to go pro. It would be stupid not to.
He's not undersized when it comes to what he's gonna play at the next level. Anyone with a brain can tell you he'll be a linebacker in the NFL, he's a GREAT size for that.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:12 AM   #27
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
He's not undersized when it comes to what he's gonna play at the next level. Anyone with a brain can tell you he'll be a linebacker in the NFL, he's a GREAT size for that.

My point is he's undersized for his position now, which makes his big year this year almost what I'd say "flukey". So if he comes back next year and only has 2 sacks with those measurables then he could shoot down the draft board.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:16 AM   #28
davisd9
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
davisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudly

Does nobody realize Clemson tried him at LB and he could not crack the two deep? He has been all over the field and found good success this year as a pass rusher, he better ride this wave.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:21 AM   #29
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Quote:
My point is he's undersized for his position now, which makes his big year this year almost what I'd say "flukey". So if he comes back next year and only has 2 sacks with those measurables then he could shoot down the draft board.
I personally wouldn't say it was fluky, for the simple fact that he's a pure pass rusher. I don't believe he had a lot of tackles compared to sacks this year(which I might be wrong about). So he did well at what he's good at, rushing. He's definitely not an every down end, and he's not a run stopper. I also think he's hovering around the north side of 240LBS now, which is better than it used to be. But you very well could be right, next year he might get shut down, then what? Unless he just loves college ball and being a stud on campus, I don't see a reason to stay.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:40 AM   #30
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Was announced tonight that Beasley's still undecided. Will wait until the cutoff day to decide. If he holds a presser, he's returning because they always have the big celebration like with Spiller and Boyd. If he justs contacts Dabo, he's leaving which really should be a no brainer because his stock's as high as it will get as a high 1st round pick but selfish Dabo always begs and pleads with these guys. You can tell Bryant and Breeland packed their things as quick as they could and got the heck outta Cowtown. Beasley decided to have multiple face to face meetings with Dabo. I can see Dabo (like the car salesman he is) saying "What's it gonna take, Vic". Spurrier lets his players make their own decisions but Dabo has to put the guilt trip on his guys. All about Dabo.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:15 AM   #31
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I just don't know why he would stay...he is never going to get taller, probably not going to get faster, and he had a great season.
Strike while the iron is hot and go get paid. He gets virtually nothing by coming back next year.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #32
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
Was announced tonight that Beasley's still undecided. Will wait until the cutoff day to decide. If he holds a presser, he's returning because they always have the big celebration like with Spiller and Boyd. If he justs contacts Dabo, he's leaving which really should be a no brainer because his stock's as high as it will get as a high 1st round pick but selfish Dabo always begs and pleads with these guys. You can tell Bryant and Breeland packed their things as quick as they could and got the heck outta Cowtown. Beasley decided to have multiple face to face meetings with Dabo. I can see Dabo (like the car salesman he is) saying "What's it gonna take, Vic". Spurrier lets his players make their own decisions but Dabo has to put the guilt trip on his guys. All about Dabo.
Dabo is just like an old jewish mother.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:27 AM   #33
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

Do you blame him. How many on this board would fuss if most of your NFL bound juniors returned for 2014?
Old 01-12-2014, 02:19 AM   #34
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
At least Kyle had a backup plan....Pro Baseball. Looks like he is being groomed for 1st base for the Rockies.
You conveniently forgot to mention that Parker took a signing bonus pay cut from the Rockies in order to play college football in 2010 (thanks to Dabo's pressure and stupid press quotes saying Parker could start for half of the NFL's teams). This turned out to be a stupid move because Parker had no NFL future and couldnt keep the Clemson starting job by season's end in 2010. Once again, Dabo is all about Dabo's interests. You know Parker would love to have that money back.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:20 AM   #35
theo_robbins
4-Star

Male

theo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot materialtheo_robbins is USC mascot material

Clemson draft eligible player who has likely hit his college ceiling returns: DABO IS A CON ARTIST AND SCAMMING THESE PLAYERS!!!

Gamecock draft eligible player who has likely hit his college ceiling leaves: HE'S MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE AND HE NEEDS TO COME BACK FOR ANOTHER YEAR!!!
theo_robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:26 AM   #36
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post
Clemson draft eligible player who has likely hit his college ceiling returns: DABO IS A CON ARTIST AND SCAMMING THESE PLAYERS!!!

Gamecock draft eligible player who has likely hit his college ceiling leaves: HE'S MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE AND HE NEEDS TO COME BACK FOR ANOTHER YEAR!!!
Me personally, I'm always happy for Carolina players that turn pro regardless of their remaining eligibility. Wished Ace the best last year and wish JD, Quarles, Hampton and Ellington the same.

Actually though it's the taters that use your reasoning. I remember after the Capital One bowl two weeks ago, Thurn on WCCP was saying Ellington needs to turn pro because he's not getting any taller but Beasley needs to return. Seriously, James? So one more year is going to add 4 inches and 40 pounds to Beasley's 6'2 235 pound frame so he becomes Clowney's size and a top five pick? What a joke.

Last edited by SClawman; 01-12-2014 at 02:59 AM.
SClawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:30 AM   #37
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
Do you blame him. How many on this board would fuss if most of your NFL bound juniors returned for 2014?
Well I think we all on this board would agree it would be dumb for Quarles to come back along with JD, Vic was borderline and I think some would tell Bruce strike while you can, you won't improve any. I wanted all but Vic to go,

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:40 AM   #38
lfowens
Walk On

lfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Well I think we all on this board would agree it would be dumb for Quarles to come back along with JD, Vic was borderline and I think some would tell Bruce strike while you can, you won't improve any. I wanted all but Vic to go,
ditto
lfowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:45 AM   #39
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo_robbins View Post

Breeland for Clemson is making a mistake by leaving early. Beasley would be making a mistake if he decides to stay. He is a 1st round pick who could crack the top 10. He may be leaving $15-20 million on the table. In no world is that not a mistake. If we have a 1st rounder who is thinking about coming back I'll be the 1st to want him to get the hell out of here because they need to strike when the iron is hot. The iron won't get hotter for Beasley.

Last edited by gotrice?; 01-12-2014 at 02:56 AM.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:47 AM   #40
beak2
4-Star

Male

beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

I would take the money while I could and not risk injury.

beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote