CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
sanford
Regalcock
ReadR00ster
MWard
GarnetSwarm1990
Cockypantherfan
WeStillOwnUSC
PvtWarlick
Spurticus
Luke Skycocker
Sidney Rice Retiring (821)
watching the Alabama (691)
Da'Quan Bowers had a (545)
A good friend of min (454)
Dan Patrick Show - P (404)
ESPN Insider (341)
Phil Steele's Colleg (282)
Pictures of older Co (270)
A Clowney Spotting? (179)
Places to eat in Con (176)
Phil Steele's College Foo
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Georgia Defensive returni
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Texags
watching the Alabama vs T
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Places to eat in Conway?
2015 - Christian Pellage
Ace suspended 4 games

Old 01-01-2014, 02:47 AM   #41
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default South Carolina Under Armour Contract Details/DataBase

Under Armor has a ways to go to catch up with Nike.

CASE CLOSED!

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/behindt...ch-up-to-nike/
Old 01-01-2014, 02:55 AM   #42
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material
Default Re: South Carolina Under Armour Contract Details/DataBase

Its quality vs quantity. If you want a big name with poorly made product, choose Nike.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:22 AM   #43
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post

CASE CLOSED!

You needed a website to tell you that?

Nike was founded in 1964, Under Armour 1996. For the non-math majors here, that's 32 years difference.

NO DUH Nike is a larger company, and doing better in the stock market, outlet stores, etc. And no DUH that whomever the interview was done on in that website said that Under Armour isn't #2 in shoe's...they're not, and they're not even close. New Balance, Adidas, and Asics are all probably ahead of them.

You're searching anything and everything to find a logical reason that Nike is better than Under Armour and still coming up short.

Nike & Under Armour is exactly like Coke & Pepsi. The only reason it's better is personal preference. There is nothing wrong with either company, or their product other than what the consumer prefers.

You can quit searching for a scientific reason that Nike is 100 times better than Under Armour because you won't find one. And I can't wait until we sign that contract (either new, or extension) with Under Armour in 2016 just because of people like you.

*PS: The website you linked was talking about in the market, not in the quality of it's products - or the popularity of it's products.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:24 AM   #44
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default South Carolina Under Armour Contract Details/DataBase

Nope, sorry you're wrong. You asked for proof, I gave it to you and you still want something to debate about. So I'm just going to leave it alone. You're worse than a woman on her rag.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:25 AM   #45
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Nope, sorry you're wrong. You asked for proof, I gave it to you and you still want something to debate about. So I'm just going to leave it alone. You're worse than a woman on her rag.

Scientific proof, not market analysis of companies that were created 32 years apart.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:27 AM   #46
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

I also gave you a link of scientific proof earlier in the thread about nikes newest uniform innovation. Something you'll see UA try and duplicate 5 years from now.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:35 AM   #47
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I also gave you a link of scientific proof earlier in the thread about nikes newest uniform innovation. Something you'll see UA try and duplicate 5 years from now.
Hahaha...okay, you're right. Whatever. Soooooo right. Sooooooooooooo right. Nike is 100000000000000000000000 times better than Under Armour. I hope we sign a deal with Under Armour through 999999999.

If you like Nike that much better, be a Clemson Tiger fan.

What you provided as evidence is a market analysis of the stocks, and a link to the new Oregon uniforms...

And you think that wins the argument....BAHA..ok......."you win" if you really think so.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:40 AM   #48
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

No, this is the link I provided earlier... Have fun conjuring up a reply.

http://nikeinc.com/news/oregon-conti...ation-for-2014
Old 01-01-2014, 03:48 AM   #49
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
No, this is the link I provided earlier... Have fun conjuring up a reply.

http://nikeinc.com/news/oregon-conti...ation-for-2014
Question: What do you think our current uniforms don't have that this does? And yes, I'm being serious....

The fact that you won't just accept that Nike and Under Armour's difference are in consumer preference is astonishing. There is no scientific fact out there that shows Nike being the safer, better product out there. Because IF THERE WERE, the price of Nike would be significantly higher than the price of Under Armour not only on the shelves of stores but in the stock market. It's hilarious that you are searching so hard for a reason...and because of this hilarity, I will continue to keep you searching.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #50
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
You do realize UA pays those athletes don't you?

Texas Tech has been UA way before USC. Only two big schools UA has is us and Auburn. No other big time program will sign with them.

1. They aren't a marketable company like Nike is...

2. Nike makes Jordan's for God sakes.

3. UA isn't appealing at all.
Not to jump into a pissing contest here, but you really lost credibility with this post.

Not marketable??? Yeah, Click-Clack.

When MJ was in his hay day Nike was the no brainier company to sign with, hence why Nike makes Jordan's. That really is irrelevant in this debate.

Not appealing is simply a personal preference. Which is fine. But again not really relevant here.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #51
yFSC
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 480
yFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudlyyFSC is crowing loudly

I love the fact that a Nike homer posts a press release from a Nike website about the only school that Nike actually gives two shits about, Oregon.

Heath said it himself best when he expounded about walking into a nike store & realizing that the only NCAA FB gear they had was Oregon, besides FSU and Auburn national championship items. This was in Nevada, btw, not Oregon itself.

If your school mascot isn't a duck, UA > Nike all day.
yFSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #52
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Overpriced garbarge
Old 01-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #53
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

idk what some of you are thinking but I would rather wear UA stuff than Nike. I have workout apparel from both and my UA gear out performs my nike stuff. I stopped buying nike shoes because they dont last long.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:37 AM   #54
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:

CASE CLOSED!

Point of this article? To prove if you have a huge headstart your business is bigger?

How can you be worth 2.26 billion and not be marketable?
Old 01-12-2014, 01:59 AM   #55
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Recently announced, Notre Dame is ditching Nike and signing with UA.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:21 AM   #56
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
Again, I've never seen a logical explanation of why anyone would choose Under Armour over Nike. Sure, personal preference is a reason. But personal preference doesn't make one better than the other.

When someone can finally produce a logical, educated reason in why we should be Nike, rather than Adidas or Under Armour, then I will believe it.
I've always felt UA products out performed Nike products, whether it be in looks, comfort, etc. I would take UA products over Nike all day. Personal preference means to me UA products have more value to me.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:24 AM   #57
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Recently announced, Notre Dame is ditching Adidas and signing with UA.
Fixed it for you.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:44 AM   #58
Gamecocks1137
Bowl MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I am ok with Under Armor. They have been good to us, I don't see any reason to ditch them.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:07 AM   #59
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Yep, UnderArmour has been good to us. I hope we stick with them whenever the next contract comes up
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:24 AM   #60
Gamecocks1137
Bowl MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Yep, UnderArmour has been good to us. I hope we stick with them whenever the next contract comes up
Right, not to mention the benefits of sponsoring some of our athletes after they go pro. For example, Marcus Lattimore.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote