CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Singaporecock
CoverTwo
2000grad
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
usc1
Order 66
Cock Kool-Aid
rosstheboss
uscsandstorm85
**USC vs. Charleston (4297)
Kelcy and Vic questi (2431)
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Steele projects AP t (883)
US Air nsfw tweet (717)
I like how Frank sou (642)
boiled peanuts (491)
Ahh...The Masters (484)
Cuonzo Martin to Cal (444)
Tax day freebies (441)
Bamberg High School Baseb
Connor Mitch
Last 5 years in the SEC
2015 - Chris Clark
Aggie game coming in from
**USC vs. Charleston Sout
Bruce, Vic & Kelcy si
Name a Gamecock
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
The case for Clowney at #

Old 01-12-2014, 12:21 AM   #1
the_ultimatethrill
Walk On

CockyCash: 500
the_ultimatethrill is learning to peckthe_ultimatethrill is learning to peck
Default Hate it or Love It

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/01/1...former-ad.html

Lot of truth in this article and I am forever grateful to Hyman for the decisions he made
the_ultimatethrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:33 AM   #2
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit
Default Re: Hate it or Love It

Other than the Garcia situation, I can't think of one reason not to be a Hyman fan. I mean, just look at our program.. the man does his job extremely well wherever he goes.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:44 AM   #3
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Hyman did a lot for us and thankful for everything he did. When he left we had the greatest stable of coaches probably ever assembled at one University, Spurrier, Staley, Tanner, and Martin, and then Coach Tanner fulfilled his dream to be an AD.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:12 AM   #4
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Hyman did a lot of great things at this University. His job isn't always fun, if you think he enjoyed dealings with Garcia, or boosters upset with increase in ticket prices, etc. you've got another thing coming.

I respect everything the man did here, aside from the Garcia situation. I actually liked most of what he did. It's hard to talk about Garcia here because so many people dislike him for whatever reasons, and people still like to put single game losses on his back. And no matter how much you continue to do that, Garcia takes it and doesn't respond. Part of the reason I love him as a player. He didn't always do the right things, but he was a good guy. Doesn't have the best reputation, but that reputation was built by people who didn't know him.

PSL's are another hot topic with Hyman. Boy, am I glad those conversations are over (for the most part).
Old 01-12-2014, 01:23 AM   #5
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Only thing I didn't like was his men's bball hire because Gregg Marshall was available.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:39 AM   #6
Gamecocks1137
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Only thing I didn't like was his men's bball hire because Gregg Marshall was available.
Give Martin time, he will turn things around. Rome was not built in a day, and neither is an elite basketball team.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:45 AM   #7
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Give Martin time, he will turn things around. Rome was not built in a day, and neither is an elite basketball team.
I was referring to Horn.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:48 AM   #8
Gamecocks1137
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I was referring to Horn.
Oh, then forgive me. I understand your reasoning now.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:41 AM   #9
BlueHerons
Recruit

Female

BlueHerons has feathers coming inBlueHerons has feathers coming in

Why would anyone hate Eric Hyman?
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:09 AM   #10
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
Why would anyone hate Eric Hyman?
Were you ever around for any of the PSL threads? People hated him then...was it for a good reason, no, but they definitely hated him.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #11
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Other than the Garcia situation, I can't think of one reason not to be a Hyman fan. I mean, just look at our program.. the man does his job extremely well wherever he goes.
Agreed. My only issue is he should have stepped in and handled the Garcia issues earlier rather than letting him fester. In hindsight Horn didn't pan out but at the time he was one of the hot young coaches that other programs were targeting as well. Regardless you can't look at the current facilities and plans (which may or may not ever happen) and not see the positive impact he had.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #12
scfanz
Starter

Male

scfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPit

I don't blame Hyman for any of the Garcia crap. Stephen Garcia is solely to blame for all of his issues.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #13
brat
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

When he first arrived, he commented about our apparel/name issue based on clothing he saw at the Charlotte Airport. He made it sound like he was going to do away with us calling ourselves "Carolina". With him being a UNC Tar Goat", that made me angrier than I had been in a long time. I also feared he was going to model us after UNC in every way possible.

Eventually, those fears proved unfounded. While he ruffled a few feathers, all in all he did far more good than bad. He left at the right time and we got Ray calling the shots, someone none of us have fears over.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #14
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanz View Post
I don't blame Hyman for any of the Garcia crap. Stephen Garcia is solely to blame for all of his issues.
I agree completely. He is his own man and did everything that he did. I think, however, that people are more upset with how Hyman handled the situation(s).
Old 01-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #15
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 0
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Always a fan on the Hyman
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #16
boowilliam4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervous

Hyman is one of the many men to help turn this program around. As far as the garcia situation, he did some great things on the field but made some poor choices off the field. He still helped us beat up on #1 BAMA
Old 01-13-2014, 05:11 PM   #17
AggieTodd
Walk On

Male

AggieTodd has hatched from the shell

I'm glad to read good things about Hyman. Hopefully, he can help A&M to continue improving and specifically, he has to fix the men's basketball program.
AggieTodd is offline   Reply With Quote