CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
GregoryHouse
zcoop
Jdallen20
Yearofthegamecock
Badazcock
roosterdude21
Blackland
Team Garcia
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (23719)
ESPN Game Day Commen (1905)
Simple "yes&quo (1404)
Phil Steele just pre (1105)
Garcia: Change the R (669)
TeMarcus Blanton (658)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Anybody just have th (371)
Miss St vs. Kentucky (315)
Where in Seattle (225)
Eat Crow
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Nick Marshall
Extremely Proud
Why is everyone anticipat
Name a Gamecock
Anybody just have that &q
Hire Muschamp as DC!
2016 - Avery McCall
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha

Old 01-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #61
Cockcapn
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockcapn has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Future of SEC East

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE_ARE View Post

Exactly what I was thinking the whole time. Glad that was the first response. Stevey steve has admitted that Carolina will never have the recruiting of other programs. We consistently finish middle of the pack. It isn't everything. ALSO, the color orange is ugly. you ugly orange troll.You lost to andy. ANDD... Who knows how Butch will fare at a real college program.
Cockcapn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #62
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

RE: TN high school talent - how many recruits from that state have contributed for us compared to SC natives that have contributed to UT? End debate.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #63
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I'm not sold on Butch Davis being the savior at UT. And I'm not sold on their ability to legitimatly recruit top ten classes. They've been caught in the past and may get caught again. I would really like for us to get another big name coach after Spurrier leaves and I think he will help us do so. But I don't want one that is not going to do it without running a squeaky clean program.
GamecockInHell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #64
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Utk will not be fighting for the east any time soon. Datboyjr is their coach. Yes they won this year but not because of anything bi+ch did. Face it tuck has been passed and with their debit it doesn't look like they will catch up anytime soon. Also let's see how this class for utk actually unfolds, either a lot of pissed off kids or a lot of NCAA VOLilations..
Old 01-12-2014, 01:36 PM   #65
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockOla View Post
Until UT actually begins to win games I believe it's UT and not Vandy that will be fighting with Kentucky in the cellar again. Coaches come and go but Franklin didn't get fired or dump Vandy after one year stint with Vandy--like Kiffin reasonably did UT. When was the last time UT was of any relevance. Just remember you can't be bringing in 32 recruits every year. Best you chill until you have something to cheer about about UT football. More importantly let's enjoy our sunny days here without polluting our space with the stinking UT second arrival. Peace!

Check-out SEC East standings to confirm. Despite horrible Florida season UT finished behind them.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...sec-conference
We can't be that far off, I mean we beat the #4 team in the country right?
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #66
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boness View Post
IMHO the most important ingrediant for Tn is patience, which is an ingrediant they have lacked for a long time.
Fulmer ws there a long time however walking the plank his final two seasons. Change ws in the air.
Tn had 4 coaches in 6 yrs and must show conviction and establish stability. N
I agree, stability is the absolute number 1 thing Tennessee needs. And it isn't just at the HC level, its at every coaching position. We have had 4 OC's since 2007 and 5 DC's since 2007. They each bring their own systems and position coaches. That is why none of our "talent" we've recruited have been developed.

We finally have a staff who have been together a long time and are working to build something together. You will see the improvement on the field come because of that, IMO.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #67
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
I'm not sold on Butch Davis being the savior at UT. And I'm not sold on their ability to legitimatly recruit top ten classes. They've been caught in the past and may get caught again. I would really like for us to get another big name coach after Spurrier leaves and I think he will help us do so. But I don't want one that is not going to do it without running a squeaky clean program.
We've only been caught once in our history for dirty recruiting and it was during Kiffin's one year stint.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #68
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockcapn View Post

Exactly what I was thinking the whole time. Glad that was the first response. Stevey steve has admitted that Carolina will never have the recruiting of other programs. We consistently finish middle of the pack. It isn't everything. ALSO, the color orange is ugly. you ugly orange troll.You lost to andy. ANDD... Who knows how Butch will fare at a real college program.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #69
11SWU10
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 720
11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous11SWU10 is making other chickens nervous

We have an AD who was a winner and knows winners. He will hire one after the HBC decides to hang it up sometime in the next decade.

We have been fortunate to have SOS. He has laid a strong foundation on and off the field.

Tanner knows what it takes to win.
I would not get too comfortable if I were UT or cU though I think they are going to be a factor. Carolina is not going anywhere.
The HBC and Tanner have owned UT and cU, don't think Ray will let that change.

Last edited by 11SWU10; 01-13-2014 at 08:30 PM.
11SWU10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #70
CockOla
Game MVP

Male

CockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
We can't be that far off, I mean we beat the #4 team in the country right?
Congrats! One time is a fluke. You still finished the 2013 season in the SEC East cellar with KY though. See you at our place in 2014 and you'll have my respect if UT wins. Fact you must admit is that UT is looking-up to USC nowadays/Vols permanently in the rear-view mirror of the Gamecocks to the near future!
Go Cocks!!!
CockOla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:07 PM   #71
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockOla View Post
Congrats! One time is a fluke. You still finished the 2013 season in the SEC East cellar with KY though. See you at our place in 2014 and you'll have my respect if UT wins. Fact you must admit is that UT is looking-up to USC nowadays/Vols permanently in the rear-view mirror of the Gamecocks to the near future!
Go Cocks!!!
We are looking up at the Cocks for sure. It won't be till 2015 that we could possibly be back up on your level.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #72
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp-c6WstCao

Two five stars
Six four stars
Six three stars

Already on campus getting ready for the 2014 season!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #73
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Tenn is probably on the way up. It's bound to happen when you sign 75 players in a recruiting class.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:04 PM   #74
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think you can continue to be a top 3-5 SEC program that way.

But the problem is Spurrier won't leave the next coach with elite talent and as much as you all don't want to admit it, Spurrier is a top 5 coach of all time. It is nearly a 100% chance you downgrade at least some.
We've got a guy in a basement lab working on a fountain of youth serum for the HBC.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:07 PM   #75
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
James Franklin is now officially gone from Vandy and I think they will have a VERY hard time replacing him. Tennessee will effectively own the state in recruiting for the near future. which has basically already transpired. This is a near future that is stocked with some of the best talent the state has ever seen.

Spurrier, while building SC into a great program, is in his final 3-5 years at most. I think it is safe to assume that SC is either at its peak or very near their peak as a program for the foreseeable future. I could see a few more very good seasons for yall, but in no way will the next coach there be able to sustain what he has done. This is obviously my opinion.

Florida is a disaster. While they could be one hire away from a complete quick turnaround, you can at least see a couple more seasons of average teams for them.

UGA fans are back on the fire Richt bandwagon after an 8-5 season. He is refusing to fire Grantham and Bobo and I think is on his final years as well. They will continue to under achieve under him and even if they do replace him are they guaranteed to even stay at the level he's had them?

Kentucky will always suck.

That leaves Missouri, which is a solid program with a good coach, but will never have recruiting advantages that others in the SEC East have. They will pop up every few years when the stars align for them, but overall they won't ever be the top East program, IMO.

That leaves the Vols. The early reports are that the 14 EE's we just enrolled are some of the best talent we've had in years. Also with likelihood of adding a couple more 4 stars down the stretch and a very good beginning of the 2015 class, we look to be turning the Titantic around.

We do have the hardest West draw every year, but y'all add A&M now and LSU and Auburn are always great as well which UF and UGA have to play.

I really think the changing of the guard is in full motion, I see the light at the end of the seemingly endless tunnel. 2014 I think will give you a glimpse into that future of the Vols, but there will likely be a few more bumps in the road. But in 2015, I think you will officially see the changing of the guard and the Vols will be back on top of the SEC East competing for titles again!

Sorry I just had to get that off my chest. Proceed to bash away.
I laughed so hard when I read that.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:29 PM   #76
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Cock Envy
Old 01-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #77
bigdawg77
GOOOOO GEORGIA BULLDOGS

Male

CockyCash: 7461220
bigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot materialbigdawg77 is USC mascot material

Might want to rethink this minus Grantham now