CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
sporkgod50
TheUniversityofSC
Regalcock
gamecockgal
Spurticus
RGHoskins
garnet_black215
sanford
cocky0
robgusc76
Gators brag on Clown (749)
Another UGA player a (502)
Ryan Wood leaving P& (405)
Southern Miss player (314)
Predict TAMU 2014 (283)
Kick e'm Horns! (263)
Any PC builders here (229)
Baby Gamecock is her (190)
Showcase Scoop (180)
Max Schrock (148)
Max Schrock
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Green and Lammons
college football match up
2015 - Auden Tate
Any PC builders here? You
Another UGA player arrest
Gators brag on Clowney
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
2015 - Dallas Warmack - A

Old 01-12-2014, 11:52 AM   #21
eggroll
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50000
eggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Indoor practice facility progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse james View Post
This is an old photo. The green building in the photo was the shelter in the old farmers market and it was demolished last summer. You are correct that the new outdoor practice fields will be in the area where the shelter was, and the indoor facility will be built in the grassy area adjacent to it in the photo (which has been used for overflow gameday parking the last two years).
Here's a link to some of the drawings...

http://www.flickr.com//photos/scgame...99031125/show/
eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #22
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I guess they are going to make the old proving grounds parking. My favorite part of the entire renovation is the trees.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #23
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I guess they are going to make the old proving grounds parking. My favorite part of the entire renovation is the trees.
We lease that space from the National Guard and the lease is up in 2014. The SCNG ail use it.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #24
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

CockyCash: 500
gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

We have been parking in the over flow area of the farmers market for several years. I will miss parking there. What are the plans to make up for the lost parking now?
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:28 PM   #25
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocockswyn
We have been parking in the over flow area of the farmers market for several years. I will miss parking there. What are the plans to make up for the lost parking now?
Higher prices elsewhere?

I'm going to drive over at half time of the panthers game to take pictures.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:59 PM   #26
gAmkok
Eh.

Male

CockyCash: 200
gAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocockswyn View Post
This is my question too. I gave up Armory parking to move to the farmer's market GA lot. We'll probably have to move back over there, which is a downgrade, unfortunately.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:24 PM   #27
bryarx
Starter

Male

bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I drove by today, driving across Bluff Road on George Rogers Blvd, past TLC (The Loose Cockaboose), I was unable to get a view of the area. I drove up the next road down on the other side of Carolina Park, all gates were closed and locked all the way around. From the other side I was able to see the area that is supposed to be the new indoor and outdoor facilities. I took my good camera, but not my zoom lens, which would have been necessary from the side I was on. It doesn't really matter though, nothing has been done. Trashcans and porta-johns are still in Carolina Park (though the trash cans are moved together and wrapped up).

Looks like nothing has really started there, I'll take my zoom lens this week and see what I can get. Maybe a gate will be open during the day, and I can sneak in for some better shots.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:08 AM   #28
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

That's what Jim was telling me.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:11 AM   #29
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I really hope the renovation around the stadium isn't something that's just being tossed around and talked about. Those pictures of that part of the renovation are incredible. If it looks half as good as that, it's going to be awesome.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:00 PM   #30
bryarx
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I really hope the renovation around the stadium isn't something that's just being tossed around and talked about. Those pictures of that part of the renovation are incredible. If it looks half as good as that, it's going to be awesome.
Supposed to be ready for the 2015 football season, along with the indoor facility. New outdoor facility is slated to be ready for the 2014 season, but (as my other posts say) there has been no progress there. I would think if the outdoor fields aren't done, it would push back other construction.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:22 PM   #31
War Rooster
Fear The Visor

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
War Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talonsWar Rooster has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Skype™ to War Rooster

Does anyone have any updates on any of the upcoming football construction projects?

I know that these were the construction timelines that were published last fall:

• New football practice fields. Completion date: July 2014
  • Indoor practice facility. Completion date: March 2015
  • Stadium plaza. Completion date: August 2015

Does anyone know if they've started work yet on the new practice fields? It seems like that should be starting soon if it hasn't already. It also seems like the new Indoor Practice Facility would probably be starting up sometime soon(ish).

The Beast Board thread a couple of years ago was a savior in the long months of spring and summer before football started back up. I'm hoping that this thread (or one like it) will do the same job.

War Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:09 AM   #32
garnetchicken
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 550
garnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot materialgarnetchicken is USC mascot material

http://southcarolina.rivals.com/cont....pUOLkCNW.dpbs

Quote:
Construction is expected to begin in early March and estimated to last at least six months. As a result, the new fields will likely not be finished in time for the start of preseason camp in early August, compelling the Gamecocks to spend most or all of the 29 practices preparing for the August 28 season opener against Texas A&M on the Proving Ground before shifting over to the new side-by-side fields in early September.

"We'll start (preseason camp) on the National Guard fields, where they currently are, and then we'll move when these are done," O'Connell said. "Chances are, (the new fields) won't be ready for August 1. As soon as they're ready to go, we'll move over."

Vehicles will not be permitted to park on the practice fields when they are completed, O'Connell said.

New football practice fields are the latest athletic department project to reach the bid opening stage. Next is the indoor practice facility, another highly-anticipated venture. Architectural plans for the much-needed structure have been submitted to the state engineer for approval.

Once that requirement is met, USC will advertise for bids, as required by state law. O'Connell said USC hopes construction of the new indoor facility begins sometime in May.

"It's (start of construction) going to run about two months behind the practice fields," O'Connell said.

Building the new indoor facility will last about one year, O'Connell said, so the Gamecocks hope the structure is completed in time for summer workouts in 2015.

O'Connell plans to request Phase II approval for three athletic dept. projects from the Board of Trustees on Friday: Spring-Brooks Plaza adjacent to Williams-Brice Stadium, soccer complex and track and field upgrades.

The planned pedestrian plaza adjacent to the west side of Williams-Brice Stadium is expected to cost about $14.5 million.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #33
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

I really dont see how it would march-september to start/finish 2 outdoor fields..that seems ridiculous. although i am sure there is an adequate reason. I think its just the university holding onto money as long as possible.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:17 AM   #34
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
I really dont see how it would march-september to start/finish 2 outdoor fields..that seems ridiculous. although i am sure there is an adequate reason. I think its just the university holding onto money as long as possible.
Yeah - seems like they could have started in January and finished in time for fall practice.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:54 AM   #35
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

The school is often held up by procedural issues. They have to do things in a very specific order through government red tape as it is a public institution. That and clempson fans in certain places in the bureaucracy slow it down as much as they can.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #36
Gamecocks1137
Bowl MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
The school is often held up by procedural issues. They have to do things in a very specific order through government red tape as it is a public institution. That and clempson fans in certain places in the bureaucracy slow it down as much as they can.
Is Alabama not a public institution? Because they seem to build stuff pretty quickly over there. Same with Oregon.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:14 PM   #37
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Is Alabama not a public institution? Because they seem to build stuff pretty quickly over there. Same with Oregon.

Apples and oranges. Different states, different laws.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #38
bryarx
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
Apples and oranges. Different states, different laws.
It actually depends on what money they are using. If they were using pure Athletic department money, they could just pay someone to do it (not bid it out). They must be using general USC funds for this project, which requires them to follow state laws.

The beast board was not 'bid out' - it was just purchased. The control room equipment in Williams-Brice (to control the beast board) WAS bid out, because they were using general school funds. The laws are tied to the money pools, have to do things depending on which pool they are using. It's the beauty of Gamecock club fees not being 'school money' - things can move faster. Alabama has a huge, huge, pool of non-school athletics money.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:39 PM   #39
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I'm calling BS on this one also. Should have already started on the indoor/outdoor practice fields and plaza around the stadium.

Recruits need to see it soon!