CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ericvol2096
l^l^lBGCock
smoovecock
GamecockSuperFan
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
Travelin
treys1986
kingoftheroost
A. Pilgrim
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2784)
Gamecockology Helms (987)
SEC QB's in the Red (970)
Little know stat (We (960)
Where do you like to (530)
We're going to the N (504)
Amelia Earhart Plane (291)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (209)
This season and recr (194)
Anyone have a recipe (193)
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Have you ever been so wro
What does it take to win?
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Interesting quotes from D
Uniforms for Tenn
official UFC thread. (new
MY 7 STEP PROGRAM TO FIX
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
2014 WS: Giants vs. Royal

Old 01-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #1
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material
Default New Rules For ACC Title Game?

Wants NCAA to allow top 2 teams to play for the championship. This is how every conference should be IMO. would make it more interesting.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?w=1dm...events-event31
Old 01-12-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material
Default Re: New Rules For ACC Title Game?

"Hey, NCAA. Duke went to our conference championship this year. So . . . will you let us change our rules for qualifications?" -ACC

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
snoopy
Blue Chip

snoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurs

They also want to chance so FSU will be moved to the other side....wonder if that will happen. Then they would want UL moved before they start... and maybe ND if they ever join the ACC in FB! Please somebody help Dabo so he could win at least one side of the ACC!!!!
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #4
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Looks like the ACC just screwed up in divisional alignment, after adding the Big East boys, by assuming Va Tech and Miami(FL) would be worth a damn in football.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #5
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

So what would be the point of divisions then? Do a rotating schedule with every team in your conference, annually with "rivalries" in your conference. As conferences grow, a rule change like this would render divisions counterproductive.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #6
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
So what would be the point of divisions then? Do a rotating schedule with every team in your conference, annually with "rivalries" in your conference. As conferences grow, a rule change like this would render divisions counterproductive.
But it would still allow the crowning of a division "champ", right? Participation trophies at a high level, I suppose.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:03 PM   #7
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

What happens if there are two teams tied for second at 10-2 and didn't play each other? What the tiebreaker?

Coin flip? Ranking? Better basketball team?
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:21 PM   #8
TAFC 5 1981
Two Deep

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

It will be interesting to see VT's offense without Logan Thomas. Beamer seemed committed to him regardless of his play. Miami ended up a disappointment this year too. LV with new coaches and w/o Bridgewater is an unknown at this point. FSU is still the clear front runner, regardless who the other team in the championship game.

I admit the ACC is weak in FB, but its not FSU's or CU's fault most of the other teams underachieve. At least Duke is clawing its way up. ND getting on many ACC teams schedule should help RE SoS.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #9
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Blah, that would have meant Auburn vs Alabama in the SECCG a week after the Iron Bowl.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:37 PM   #10
Danmcc3
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 800
Danmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
What happens if there are two teams tied for second at 10-2 and didn't play each other? What the tiebreaker?

Coin flip? Ranking? Better basketball team?
Basketball team is the trump card
Danmcc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:40 PM   #11
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Probably ranking
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #12
CU_Tigers4Life
Recruit

Male

CU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post

I think the whole purpose is to end divisional play. All leagues should do this. With the Playoff starting next year, we don't need to see a 6-6 UCLA or a 6-6 GT playing for a league title just because they had the good fortune of being in a division that was either lousy or the better team was on probation...

Also, the larger each conference gets, you still want as much flexibility in a league schedule to be able play everyone a few times. Division play commits a 14 team conference like the ACC and SEC the same 6 teams in an 8-game schedule every year.

Now where the ACC "play" in this is most likely to get Notre Dame full time. I hate them, but they are a national brand that draws huge crowds anywhere they play and the TV audience is usually strong. Notre Dame would probably like splitting the money with 15 schools rather than 16 schools just like the Big 12 is in no hurry of expanding....Also the ACC wants to launch a network and studies show that it would have access to more home than any other league being an entire east coast and the Notre Area availability. With both a strong Basketball and Football product to offer, the ACC probably wants this change more for the money than stacking the deck like some of the silly people are suggesting on the message boards...
CU_Tigers4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #13
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Doesn't matter to me if FSU blows them out before or after we do....

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:40 AM   #14
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

The ACC only wants this because Duke won the division.... This is stupid keep the divisional play. Win your division and you have a chance at the Conference.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #15
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU_Tigers4Life View Post
I think the whole purpose is to end divisional play. All leagues should do this. With the Playoff starting next year, we don't need to see a 6-6 UCLA or a 6-6 GT playing for a league title just because they had the good fortune of being in a division that was either lousy or the better team was on probation...

Also, the larger each conference gets, you still want as much flexibility in a league schedule to be able play everyone a few times. Division play commits a 14 team conference like the ACC and SEC the same 6 teams in an 8-game schedule every year.

Now where the ACC "play" in this is most likely to get Notre Dame full time. I hate them, but they are a national brand that draws huge crowds anywhere they play and the TV audience is usually strong. Notre Dame would probably like splitting the money with 15 schools rather than 16 schools just like the Big 12 is in no hurry of expanding....Also the ACC wants to launch a network and studies show that it would have access to more home than any other league being an entire east coast and the Notre Area availability. With both a strong Basketball and Football product to offer, the ACC probably wants this change more for the money than stacking the deck like some of the silly people are suggesting on the message boards...
I swear on my life I don't mean this as smack, but you probably knew something like this was coming anyway.

In whose mind will the ACC have a strong football product to offer, even if the rules change to this? Changing a rule within the conference won't miraculously make them have better showings outside of the league.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:11 PM   #16
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

This looks like certain teams would end up with even more cake walk schedules, and I bet those teams would just happened to be named Florida State.

I mean, "you wouldn't have to play each team in your division." Then why do you have the division in the first place?

Me personally, I think division championship should be selected by division play only, and overall conference record being a tie breaker. Like 2 years ago, how can you tell a team that beat every single team in their division that they're not the best team of that division? Their record outside of that only proves they may not be the best team of the conference, but their the best of the division.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:25 PM   #17
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
This looks like certain teams would end up with even more cake walk schedules, and I bet those teams would just happened to be named Florida State.

I mean, "you wouldn't have to play each team in your division." Then why do you have the division in the first place?

Me personally, I think division championship should be selected by division play only, and overall conference record being a tie breaker. Like 2 years ago, how can you tell a team that beat every single team in their division that they're not the best team of that division? Their record outside of that only proves they may not be the best team of the conference, but their the best of the division.
Come on Cack, you need to quit bringing logic into the discussion.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:01 PM   #18
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 1080
Copperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talons

acc= joke

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:35 PM   #19
NinjaSven
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post

Think about it. It is a good point. Conferences could provide a really good team (FSU, Clem) with a super easy schedule so that they could qualify for the playoff and represent their conference. They could just roll out the red carpet. I smell something fishy.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:59 PM   #20
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSven View Post
Think about it. It is a good point. Conferences could provide a really good team (FSU, Clem) with a super easy schedule so that they could qualify for the playoff and represent their conference. They could just roll out the red carpet. I smell something fishy.
But then the best team, may have to play the 2nd best team that is in their division AGAIN and possibly get knocked off. How would that help qualify for a playoff? The year Clemson beat FSU, do you think I would have wanted to see FSU again in the ACCCG?