CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
SCohioBoy
LeeSC
beak2
Coulwoodwarlord
cockybusiness2
crowcutta
SwampFox
The Yancey
bigdog2003
lilhornet
Kentucky prediction (1326)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1298)
Just Booked my Hotel (1120)
So What? (580)
Best position coach (493)
The New Idea That'll (360)
Travis Bell's Photos (340)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (257)
So What? (185)
Waldrop doubtful for (139)
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
Kentucky prediction
4th & 1 Play
400 pasing yards
Fall Practice
Best position coach or co
Optimism? Week 1-4 offens
Upstate Football Games Re
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr

Old 01-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default SEC Network

When will we know if/when Time Warner picks up the sec network? As of right now only AT&T U verse has it..
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:31 PM   #2
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly
Default Re: SEC Network

Bright House networks also needs to pick it up...
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #3
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Im positive that Direct TV will pick it up, that is what I have.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #4
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
x2 - hopefully
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #5
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Dish Network better pick it up after the debacle in the CBS contract negotiation.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #6
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
x2 - hopefully
they better. god I would be pissed if they we didn't get it on direct
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:52 PM   #7
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

I don't expect to be getting it where I am.

Not too shocked though. (I have Verizon fios)
Old 01-12-2014, 05:22 PM   #8
Pappop
Starter

Male

Pappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talons

Just spoke with Dish and she had no idea what I was talking about. The SEC Network will be one new channel, correct? And will all our games be broadcast from that ch or will ESPN, etc still carry them?

Thanks....need to know what to do before Aug gets here.
Pappop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #9
Dangelol
Walk On

Male

Dangelol has hatched from the shell

Any chance they will simulcast usc games on SEC network and on espn3?
Dangelol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #10
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

If they only broadcast the games on the SEC Network, and most major TV providers dont carry it, the only thing they will have accomplished is a lot of angry fans. I would think they know that...
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:48 PM   #11
Cocky Mike
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cocky Mike has feathers coming inCocky Mike has feathers coming inCocky Mike has feathers coming in

I read that all sec network games will be on espn3
Cocky Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #12
TheUSCMike
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

I'm guessing that since there are NFL, MLB, Big10, and Pac12 networks and their games are also on other networks then the SEC would too. Plus all of those are carried by Time-Warner so I would expect them to carry SEC. I just don't care to have an increase in my cable bill to watch future Carolina games.

Last edited by TheUSCMike; 01-12-2014 at 07:18 PM.
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:57 PM   #13
Pappop
Starter

Male

Pappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talons

I agree. Unless the major carriers like dish, direct and major cable companies carry the station, how is that going to benefit the fans? And isn't ESPN3 on the Internet only? Some of the older fans just don't have the knowledge or means to watch that.
Pappop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:24 PM   #14
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappop View Post
I agree. Unless the major carriers like dish, direct and major cable companies carry the station, how is that going to benefit the fans? And isn't ESPN3 on the Internet only? Some of the older fans just don't have the knowledge or means to watch that.
It is on the internet, and only certain internet providers carry it. I sure hope dish picks it up the network.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:40 PM   #15
jcausc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 348
jcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spursjcausc has earned his spurs

hopefully it'll be on northland cable
Old 01-13-2014, 02:45 AM   #16
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I am sure the major cable companies are in negotiations with ESPN.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:51 AM   #17
GarnetPower
Walk On

Male

GarnetPower is learning to peckGarnetPower is learning to peck

SEC games will still be on CBS and ESPN. The games that normally come on Saturday at noon and the games on Fox Sport South and Sport South will be on the SEC Network. My understanding is there are no more PPV games. All football games will be televised.
GarnetPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:44 AM   #18
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

The SEC Network is broadcasting the Tier 3 games for all SEC schools, which includes some football and a lot of baseball, BB, and other sports. There is one Tier 3 game each week in football, plus highlighted games to attract demand in the southeast for the network. The network is a joint enterprise between the SEC and ESPN, and probably one large cable provider. The negotiations will likely extend past our opening game with Texas A&M for most of the cable/satellite companies. Therefore, it is really very nip and tuck whether we will be able to see our game on our normal cable or satellite networks. That's just way the game is played.

ESPN does not want a repeat of the Longhorn Network where it had a lot of trouble moving the network to local cable providers.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #19
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
When will we know if/when Time Warner picks up the sec network? As of right now only AT&T U verse has it..
In all seriousness...we probably won't know which additional carriers pick it up until sometime in August. That's how things go, they wait till the last minute as a negotiating tactic.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #20
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Isnt the SEC Network an ESPN Channel??? So if you get ESPN then you will get the SEC Network right?