CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
l^l^lBGCock
johnnyb
taylorssc
doubledribble
NAGamecockFan
QCB
ScottK
Master Bedroom
So Disappointed With (2938)
No Comments on the H (915)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (251)
Call of Duty: Advanc (243)
Gameday parking in A (184)
Vote For Cocky (132)
Things They Should H (107)
Keeping tailgate foo (80)
Texas athletic director:
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
The Gator Bowl wants us!
2014-15 Premier League se
No Comments on the Holes?
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Thoughts on the basketbal
BAW

Old 01-12-2014, 04:34 PM   #61
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit
Default Re: Beasley staying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Because of Latti's nationwide reputation. Everybody in the country knew who Lattimore was. USC & the ACC knows who Beasley is.
Pretty much every pro player has endorsements of some sort. Beasley will go high for sure, regardless of when we goes. Lucky for us, we return most of the o-line.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:37 PM   #62
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

The joke was he'd be sponsored by Bi-Lo. Y'all are acting like Nike or UA will be having a bidding war over him.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:01 PM   #63
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
The joke was he'd be sponsored by Bi-Lo. Y'all are acting like Nike or UA will be having a bidding war over him.
No you just made it seem like endorsements weren't a possibility since he's unknown.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #64
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt7more View Post
No you just made it seem like endorsements weren't a possibility since he's unknown.

He is an unknown.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #65
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Quote:
He is an unknown.
I just said that? My point is he will still have endorsements.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:22 PM   #66
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Quote:
I just said that? My point is he will still have endorsements.

And my point is that they will be shitty.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:32 PM   #67
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Quote:
And my point is that they will be shitty.
He's going to be making money from those shitty endorsements, alot of it.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #68
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Why don't you just go blow him.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #69
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Quote:
Good one. I hate Clemson, but I also can't stand ignorant posts and you sir, make a lot of them.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #70
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
If it is a shitty endorsement or a NIKE UA bidding war it is still money. As a 1st round pick he will be able to land a good bit of endorsements in the city that chooses him strictly for being a 1st round pick. The reason him coming back is stupid is because of a cost benefit analysis. If he comes back how much can he really improve his draft stock? If he gets an injury or has a bad season how far could he fall and how much money could he lose? That is what makes it a bad decision and Dabo not looking out for the best interest of his player.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #71
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Quote:
Good one. I hate Clemson, but I also can't stand ignorant posts and you sir, make a lot of them.

Act like it then.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #72
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I agree with the first three rounds thing. As much as I hate seeing players leave early, the biggest majority of them are not here to get an education. If they can somehow get a few million dollars and hang around the league for a couple of years its more money than they can possibly even dream about making in the degree fields most of them choose. I do think sometimes though that kids get bad advice and hurt themselves, but that is their choice. I also don't think anyone who is even vaguely familiar with Carolina football wanted to see Marcus Lattimore come back for another season and were happy he got drafted where he did.
GamecockInHell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #73
robert40
Recruit

Male

robert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming inrobert40 has feathers coming in

Who cares
robert40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #74
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
Act like it then.
What is he supposed to act like? Calling the kid bad because he plays at Clemson? Thankfully, he's realistic and not blinded by garnet glasses.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:29 PM   #75
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

How I feel about the latest posts on this thread...
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #76
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
What is he supposed to act like? Calling the kid bad because he plays at Clemson? Thankfully, he's realistic and not blinded by garnet glasses.

As much shit as Clemson has talked about Clowney being overrated, you would think Carolina fans would feel the same way about Beasley being he plays non productive teams week in and week out.

BTW, I'm the last person to wear garnet gasses. Check my resume!
Old 01-12-2014, 10:49 PM   #77
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
As much shit as Clemson has talked about Clowney being overrated, you would think Carolina fans would feel the same way about Beasley being he plays non productive teams week in and week out.

I never said you did wear them. I'm just saying, just because he plays for Clemson doesn't mean he can't be good. and just because they wanna hate on Clowney, does that make a difference? That's the first sign of jealousy right there! the "experts" and non experts know Clowney isn't overrated.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:51 PM   #78
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:

You don't fight ignorance with ignorance. Because they want to some people want to sound like morons and trash Clowney doesn't mean we need to join them in sounding like morons to downplay Beasley's talent.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:58 PM   #79
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
That escalated quickly.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:02 PM   #80
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

All i said was that he won't get great endorsements and that he is overrated.