CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Master Bedroom
Gamecocks1137
garnet_black215
CockyRyan
Regalcock
GamecockSuperFan
WeStillOwnUSC
StormOfTalons
MWard
Clemson Recruiting.. (3320)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1555)
Ranking the Opposing (1411)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1140)
Not a Rival.. (1065)
Gamecock Coaches as (946)
NCAA Football 15 (572)
Hello Gamecocks! (523)
Marching band (450)
John Rocker at rock (353)
2015 - Mon Denson
2015 - Traveon Samuel
Clemson Recruiting...how
2015 Commitment - Damon A
John Rocker at rock botto
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Good Article on Auburn's
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Website Design Help
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit

Old 01-12-2014, 11:38 PM   #441
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4
Default Re: 2014 - Chris Lammons

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Did he officially change the dates of his visit? I know he was originally coming here on the 24th.
Not yet but it has been rumored that he will be switching to this weekend would look for it to be confirmed early this week

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:41 PM   #442
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I can:

Harris
Rainey
Owens
Sport
Fleetwood
Brent
Carson
Green
Moody
Fuller
Jeffery
Smith
Martin
Seems a little early to be giving up on Rainey and Moody, Fleetwood has had health issuses but havnt heard much of anything either way about him

Old 01-13-2014, 01:01 AM   #443
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Well, the list C2 put up contains 13 players. Don't forget about Vonashek, Salley, and Christian who have already left the program. Plus early departures Clowney, Quarles, Hampton, and Ellington. That's a total of 20 players who had playing eligibility for next season who wouldn't be a part of the roster. Add the 4 scholarship seniors who leave, and that's 24.

We don't need all those guys off the roster....it's just a list of who C2 could see leaving...
As of right now, we have 85 (per GCC list) on scholly. That includes 16 in this class, add Fry, McLaurin and Rhodes and subtract Salley and Christian. That also removes the 4 seniors and the 4 juniors leaving early. If we add 7 more to this class (23 total),
that gives us 92.....we then must have attrition of 10 by August 1 to get down to 82.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:30 AM   #444
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Are Hull and Fry both on scholarship?
Old 01-13-2014, 03:50 AM   #445
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Are Hull and Fry both on scholarship?
only Fry

Old 01-13-2014, 06:20 AM   #446
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Is Hull coming back? Doesn't he graduate in the spring?
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:25 AM   #447
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
As of right now, we have 85 (per GCC list) on scholly. That includes 16 in this class, add Fry, McLaurin and Rhodes and subtract Salley and Christian. That also removes the 4 seniors and the 4 juniors leaving early. If we add 7 more to this class (23 total),
that gives us 92.....we then must have attrition of 10 by August 1 to get down to 82.
The exception is guys that don't get in right away. Guarantee you have at least one of those. Here is the list I refer to:

http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=646864

Not yet updated with Smiths move to CB. I see at least 3 that will be encouraged to transfer without thinking too hard. C2s list is pretty good, some on there can remain but they really need to show us something in the Spring. Basically if you are in Junior and Senior column and you have yet to play, probably isn't happening.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:36 AM   #448
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I can:
Wow....and how many of those guys were ones intensely fought over during their recruiting just a few years back?
Some of today's must-have recruits become tomorrow's excess baggage?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #449
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Wow....and how many of those guys were ones intensely fought over during their recruiting just a few years back?
Some of today's must-have recruits become tomorrow's excess baggage?
Just pointing out guys that possibly need to transfer to see playing time. Some have already graduated here, so they can go anywhere they wish. It makes room for guys like LA Mons, who are young and feel an immediate position of need. Not sure why its so controversial.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:12 AM   #450
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Just pointing out guys that possibly need to transfer to see playing time. Some have already graduated here, so they can go anywhere they wish. It makes room for guys like LA Mons, who are young and feel an immediate position of need. Not sure why its so controversial.
How many on C2's list have already graduated? And yea it is controversial no matter how you cut it....go back and check the recruiting threads for most of these guys.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 10:27 AM   #451
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

I think its the 17th now
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #452
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
How many on C2's list have already graduated? And yea it is controversial no matter how you cut it....go back and check the recruiting threads for most of these guys.
How many will have graduated by the end of the spring is the important measure. And I don't know to be honest, not privy to their current educational situations. To me its not controversial, its life. Are we not supposed to be preparing these guys for life? If in my business I can't produce on the level of others I will be stagnant at best. If there are a limited number of slots for a position and I can't ever add to the bottom line, I will be replaced by someone that can. If the business doesn't do that, it risks losing money. This probably means I am in the wrong career or at least position for myself. Whether its what I want to do or not is irrelevant, sometimes you don't always get what you want. What I need to do is either elevate my game or try to find somewhere/something else I can do that I excel at.

To use that illustration in football: If you can't see the field by now and you are in a position to go somewhere else and actually improve on the field it is better for you and for us. We need a great class of CB's because we lack depth in that area. Some of the guys haven't panned out like we wanted, some have been injured and we've had several leave early to the NFL. For whatever reason, we need guys back there. And given the history of recruiting, some won't pan out, some need an extra year to prepare physically and some can come in and play right away. We probably need all four guys on the board: Harris, Smith, Green and Lammons. We can get by with 3 of the 4, but we definitely need 3.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #453
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

Quote:
I can:

Harris
Rainey
Owens
Sport
Fleetwood
Brent
Carson
Green
Moody
Fuller
Jeffery
Smith
Martin
Give the guys a chance before you throw em under the bus.
Our attrition list doesn't need to be 10 more like 6 or 7.
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #454
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
I'm not throwing them under the bus but if there needed to be more attrition, those are probably the group of guys that it'll come from.

TBS reported last week to expect one more player to leave the program this month and then for more attrition to happen after Spring Semester.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #455
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCocky'86 View Post
All C2 is doing is providing a list of guys that are potential candidates to leave. Numerous people have asked for this list, now that someone gives it there is push back. It doesn't mean they will, just means the depth of their position/time in the program means if they don't see the field soon it could mean they move on.

As you said though, I expect to only need 6-8 of those listed players to actually decide to move on. It's not that hard to see that many doing so to be honest.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:20 PM   #456
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

In fact, I don't think any of the players I listed are far fetched. You could break them into these categories:

Injuries: Martin, Green

Other interests: Carson

Can't find a permanent position: Rainey, Fleetwood, Moody

Multiple years in the system but haven't contributed at their position: Harris, Brent, Sport, Jeffrey, Owens

Better chance of playing time elsewhere: Fuller, Smith

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-13-2014, 12:22 PM   #457
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Also put it this way, while Brad Lawing was here he said if by year 3 in the program you aren't contributing, its unlikely you'll ever contribute and its time to look elsewhere. That applies to a majority of those players.

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #458
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
In fact, I don't think any of the players I listed are far fetched. You could break them into these categories:

Injuries: Martin, Green

Other interests: Carson

Can't find a permanent position: Rainey, Fleetwood, Moody

Multiple years in the system but haven't contributed at their position: Harris, Brent, Sport, Jeffrey, Owens

Better chance of playing time elsewhere: Fuller, Smith
I think Fuller and Smith are ok as Sophomores. I am limiting my numbers of probables to guys in the Jr. and Sr. columns only, but I do get the reasoning:

http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=646864
Old 01-13-2014, 01:00 PM   #459
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 317
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

If an underclassman starts over you then I'd say its best to A.) move on B.) Be an awesome Special Teams guy C.) Be one outstanding back up. Our staff puts the best guys on the field and unlike UGA we don't promise playing time. It's called a Bell Curve and this isn't No Child Left Behind, produce for your team or move on.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #460
JDStud6
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Some of those receivers have to step up now. With Ace and Bruce both gone how can they not make it on the field?

Jeffery has to go. He hasn't done a thing and he's been here plenty of time. Fuller and Smith need to do something soon or they're next.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote