CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStill0wnUSC
NineInchSpurs
Pty23
2000grad
Badazcock
Goofyboy
ZenUSC
gromweat
ReadR00ster
rabid cock
Well, as it turns ou (2802)
Luginbill says ECU s (2602)
What the heck is up (2069)
Next years RB situat (1768)
Davis dinged up agai (1510)
ECU fan here (1504)
So, Vanderbilt is ne (1488)
Freaky Coincidence o (1183)
Defensive stand-arou (1031)
Quarles is a Colt! (794)
Davis dinged up again?
New Photos by Travis Bell
Christian Walker is Oriol
What the heck is up with
So, Vanderbilt is next
For the love of God! -- P
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Chris Smelley/Eric Norwoo
Name a Gamecock

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #701
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Bryson Allen-Williams

He tweeted last night that he wondered why Scout didn't have him as a commit since he was firm. I posted on scout and asked why, and they fixed it within about 15 min. It was kind of funny. He tweeted that he was firm with SC.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:11 PM   #702
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
He tweeted last night that he wondered why Scout didn't have him as a commit since he was firm. I posted on scout and asked why, and they fixed it within about 15 min. It was kind of funny. He tweeted that he was firm with SC.
Which shows how reliable scout.com is as a recruiting service these days, IMO...they have almost become an after-thought as a credible source when people discuss FB recruiting.

I think a factor was with the USC site on Scout - formerly GamecockAnthem - going dead for the entirety of this FB season and recruiting cycle: the publishers for the website would probably keep on Scout to maintain the commit lists as up-to-date as possible, but there hasn't been anyone associated with the site to do that, so the USC class has had some errors in it all cycle long. I think Jhauston Thomas wasn't included as a commit for much of the season after he committed too....

EDIT: just looked at the Scout national ranking of our class: they list us still with only 14 commits, despite us having 17 - and BAW is listed. They still don't have Thomas as a commit, despite having Lamin - another JUCO, so that can't be the reason why - listed. They are missing Thomas, Scarnecchia, and Samuel from the list. It's a joke...
Old 01-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #703
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

They probably didn't have him as firm because he was planning on visiting Bama. That is the only reason.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #704
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
We're 4-2-5, but I think he'll stick
It's basically a version of the 4-3. He's not going to be Spur so the difference doesn't really matter to him.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:04 PM   #705
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

I know this...
Old 01-17-2014, 03:35 PM   #706
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

UGA fans are claiming BAW has agreed to meet with their new DC Pruitt.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:02 PM   #707
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

Pruitt will go on an in-home visit. Nothing will come from it on BAW's end (he's solid and UGA knows they got into the game too late), but it is likely to get Pruitt acquainted with his mother as they are actively recruiting his brother and he recently listed UGA as his favorite.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #708
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

nvm
Old 01-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #709
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawginCola View Post
but it is likely to get Pruitt acquainted with his mother as they are actively recruiting his brother and he recently listed UGA as his favorite.
OK, that makes more sense.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:59 PM   #710
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawginCola View Post
Pruitt will go on an in-home visit. Nothing will come from it on BAW's end (he's solid and UGA knows they got into the game too late), but it is likely to get Pruitt acquainted with his mother as they are actively recruiting his brother and he recently listed UGA as his favorite.

I think Darnisha is step-mother to BAW's brother. Not certain, but believe I saw her tweet something like "he's (the brother) my son, but not my natural son. I only have one of those."

Not absolutely certain, and could have been something I misinterpreted.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #711
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHSgc View Post
Doesn't surprise me in the least little bit.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #712
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHSgc View Post
Not a big deal. He's visited UCLA and will visit Bama. He seems to be a really mature kid for 16-17. He's just covering all his bases and making 100% sure.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:28 PM   #713
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Bryson Allen-Wms @B_Quatro4
I'm taking other visits because recruiting only happens once , I'll never be able to have this much fun again in my life . I'm #AllGamecock
Old 01-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #714
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Not worried at all about BAW, is a solid Gamecock

Old 01-17-2014, 07:18 PM   #715
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

It's his life so he should see other places, but this is not a good thing for us. Anything can happen.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #716
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
It's his life so he should see other places, but this is not a good thing for us. Anything can happen.
He's been 110% Gamecock for how long now? He's been our best recruiter. You really think that 2 days at another school plus a few coaches in his ear telling him stuff he's already been hearing for at least 6 months is going to change his mind? I highly doubt it.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #717
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
He's been 110% Gamecock for how long now? He's been our best recruiter. You really think that 2 days at another school plus a few coaches in his ear telling him stuff he's already been hearing for at least 6 months is going to change his mind? I highly doubt it.
Mason Foster was 110% committed to Auburn and got an Auburn tattoo on his arm. He took an OV to Alabama and now he plays for the Tide.

Look the chances are definitely great that BAW plays for USC. But it is plain foolish to consider him 100% committed when he is still taking OVs and still entertaining visits from other coaches. I hope our coaches don't have the mindset of our fans and have stopped recruiting him.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #718
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usctiburon03 View Post
Mason Foster was 110% committed to Auburn and got an Auburn tattoo on his arm. He took an OV to Alabama and now he plays for the Tide.

Look the chances are definitely great that BAW plays for USC. But it is plain foolish to consider him 100% committed when he is still taking OVs and still entertaining visits from other coaches. I hope our coaches don't have the mindset of our fans and have stopped recruiting him.
Would you turn down a free trip to LA? I wouldn't. Would you turn down a free trip to Bama so see their place compared to SC's? I wouldn't. Yea the coaches are going to stay on him because that's their job. He loves SC. Why else would he be so over the top Gamecock publicly? Its a process that he'll never get to do again in his life so why not take full advantage of it? I would, so would a lot of other people.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:15 PM   #719
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

Auburn also had a complete coaching turn-over. That was part of it. All the coaches that recruited BAW are still here.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #720
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 668
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usctiburon03 View Post

Reuben Foster? Yeah he reallllly set the bar on that decision. Very good point
Closed Thread