CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
johnnyb
El Cid Ranger
So Disappointed With (2014)
Rank the QBs under S (1455)
Back like cooked cra (1059)
Tennessee game (678)
Who start on the d l (643)
No Comments on the H (501)
Google finally gets (471)
Squats (379)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (185)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Why I think we beat Aubur
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Rank the QBs under Spurri
7 on 7 flag football bloc

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #1101
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 - Wesley Green

If he didn't make the lame joke he is in the Thronwell thread, I may listen. We shall see. I do think however that we are going to land Green.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #1102
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

If we land Green, along side of D.J. Smith we are going to be set at that position for a while. Our defense is going to be extremely good in the years to come.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #1103
Reeser
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Reeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
If he didn't make the lame joke he is in the Thronwell thread, I may listen. We shall see. I do think however that we are going to land Green.
Haha sorry about the Thornwell joke, but it's not like i dragged it out, i admitted it in the same post. Believe me or not, im not going to be hurt about it lol, just trying to pass some info i heard.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:15 PM   #1104
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10000
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeser View Post
Haha sorry about the Thornwell joke, but it's not like i dragged it out, i admitted it in the same post. Believe me or not, im not going to be hurt about it lol, just trying to pass some info i heard.
Haha well if your source fails you and you get scorched by some other posters and then have to create a new username, may I have you CockyCash? I'm broke

Although, I hope your source is on point and you get to keep it along with all the rep you'll receive. Anyway, thanks for sharing the info, tough to keep that a secret
Old 01-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #1105
lucas
Walk On

Male

lucas has hatched from the shell

How much will this new UGA hire affect him in his decision making?
Old 01-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #1106
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
pruitt has a strong resume to feed him. He has coached up the secondary on the last 3 BCS championship teams. Who knows?
Old 01-14-2014, 05:13 PM   #1107
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Pruitt is a huge hire! Hell of a recruiter. If we get Lammons I think Green goes to UGA
Old 01-14-2014, 05:24 PM   #1108
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga dawg View Post
pruitt has a strong resume to feed him. He has coached up the secondary on the last 3 BCS championship teams. Who knows?
Still a log jam in your secondary regardless not that its a bad thing.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:49 PM   #1109
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
Pruitt is a huge hire! Hell of a recruiter. If we get Lammons I think Green goes to UGA
um... Lorenzo Ward is pretty good too.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #1110
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Still a log jam in your secondary regardless not that its a bad thing.
I mean, the issue with UGA is still the same issue. Just because they hired a guy that is a good recruiter that doesn't really mean anything. It's almost signing day now.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #1111
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10000
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

True, did he want to play for the guy prior to the hiring? Those are typically the recruits that get impacted
Old 01-14-2014, 07:45 PM   #1112
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

He never even got an offer from Florida State. They offered 28 other CBs
Old 01-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #1113
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
um... Lorenzo Ward is pretty good too.
I'm aware of this. Still doesn't change my prediction.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:52 PM   #1114
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
Color me skeptical; we've been down this road before. If it pans out I'll send you points.
If he's right and we get all of those guys I will send him whatever he wants.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:55 PM   #1115
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

We should not lose out on a defensive kid who was down to two schools, and one of those schools just had a bombshell destroy their defensive staff.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:11 PM   #1116
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

He did not offer Green when he was at FSU, I would feel slighted if I were him. I wouldn't care for this guy no matter what he did at FSU nor how good a recrutier everyone says he is.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:18 PM   #1117
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

still a good chance to sign green. don't give up hope yet
Old 01-14-2014, 11:13 PM   #1118
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
He did not offer Green when he was at FSU, I would feel slighted if I were him. I wouldn't care for this guy no matter what he did at FSU nor how good a recrutier everyone says he is.

yeah, I mean I'm not expecting Green to be a dawg, I never have. too much competition at corner vs what he would have at SC. I'm just saying that you never know. this guy could be the ultimate at spoon feeding what the kid wants to hear. he could come up with anything to use as an excuse for not offering him while at FSU, and sugar coat it with "dude have you seen how pitiful the secondary players are for UGA? I need something to work with, and you are what I'm looking for. I have "x" number of corners in the NFL right now and blah blah blah."

I will keep following green, but I'm not looking to land him.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:21 PM   #1119
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
yeah, I mean I'm not expecting Green to be a dawg, I never have. too much competition at corner vs what he would have at SC. I'm just saying that you never know. this guy could be the ultimate at spoon feeding what the kid wants to hear. he could come up with anything to use as an excuse for not offering him while at FSU, and sugar coat it with "dude have you seen how pitiful the secondary players are for UGA? I need something to work with, and you are what I'm looking for. I have "x" number of corners in the NFL right now and blah blah blah."

I will keep following green, but I'm not looking to land him.
Well, I mean it's kind of hard for him be like, "ah well I wanted to offer you but the team decided against it," or "I was just about to pull the trigger on that offer," and still come of as believable this late in the game. Doesn't UGA already have a bunch of CBs so he has a lot more to work with at UGA than he did at FSU and still didn't even offer the guy. He's only going to be recruiting him because UGA has been recruiting him all this time, if he's even going to keep recruiting him. If you get Green it's just that he wants to be at UGA it's going to have nothing to do with who the coach is in my opinion, in fact if it IS about the coaches or depth chart I think he will be a Gamecock. The more I follow this recruitment the more I feel like the only real reason UGA is going after this guy is because they just don't want us to get him and they think they can. They know we are thin in the secondary and that we are their main competition. I'd hate to see the guy buried on the bench because of a recruiting strategy like that.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 01-14-2014 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:39 PM   #1120
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Pruitt's resume is one single season as DC in CFB for FSU: IMO, the combination of "ACC" and "Defense" will always be viewed with skepticism by me. Pruitt was also NOT the secondary coach while at Bama - he coached the safeties only.....
Closed Thread