CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
Gamecocks1137
b381l
johnnyb
GamecockMomSC
2000grad
Legalman72
uscgamecocks88
eklypised
ZenUSC
Cant believe no one (2145)
We Have to Pass (1675)
Spurrier weekly pres (1153)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1153)
This would be awesom (796)
How is Shaq Davidson (621)
Two Gamecock women a (428)
Comparing Results Of (387)
McConaughey cast as (368)
Defense and offense (264)
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPURRIER
Bowl projections
Why has there been 40 yea
2015 Commitment - Marquav
College Football PSA (urg
Gamecocks in the Majors/M
Spurrier weekly presser..
Perspective on our game f
We Have to Pass

Old 01-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #161
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Beasley staying

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
personally, i can only be aware of the rivalry in my lifetime. anything prior, and i have to look it up in a history book. hell, there were even several years REALLY early in my life that i do not recall...

that being said, clemson has NEVER had a run, in my lifetime, as dominant as Carolina has had the past 5 years.
^^^THIS

Probably in most peoples lifetime... Thats what the dumb inbred slobber mouths from pickens seem to forget. In Modern Era football the rivalry is about even. But they want to bring up the leather helmet and no helmet years like they remember those games.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:37 PM   #162
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Did Spiller really improve his draft stock? He was a projected first rounder after his junior season, as evidenced by this article below. In this article it talks about Spiller receiving a 1st round grade.

http://www.myorangeupdate.com/2013/1...h-nfl-options/

And according to what I read about the Draft Advisor Board, they don't give specifics on WHEN you will be picked in the 1st round. Just that you will potentially be a 1st round selection

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Draft_Advisory_Board

So therefore, I don't think Spiller IMPROVED his draft stock. If anything, it stayed the same.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #163
boonyg
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
boonyg has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
Spiller
i already cited him as a possible exception in my post
boonyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:34 PM   #164
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

It is a little different for defensive players, in that the other team gets to dictate your production. If the young man WANTS to come back then more power to him. I think we need to call this sales pitch from Dabo exactly what it is and the media needs to stop giving him a pass on it. It makes no sense to tell a kid, "If you aren't a guaranteed first round pick it is better for you to stay" when you are talking to a kid with a high 2nd round grade that is as high as the top 10 in some mock drafts. That is a straight up lie. And I know WHY he does it, he does it to help clempson. And that's his job, but the media shouldn't play along! It is not "better" for you stay, by any reasonable measurement.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:38 PM   #165
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonyg View Post
i already cited him as a possible exception in my post
Spiller was a 1st round pick after his junior year. He turned that into a top ten pick by returning. Boyd didn't help his stock at all and may have decreased it by returning. Beasley has hit his ceiling.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:10 PM   #166
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

You must have been born in 2009 then.

Its tied at 7 a piece starting in 2000. Clemson had it 7-2 until 2009. If you go back to 1990, it's Clemson hands down. Just saying that it isn't one sided in Carolin's favor in your lifetime. Since 09', yes.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #167
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

H
Quote:
Originally Posted by SClawman View Post
Spiller was a 1st round pick after his junior year. He turned that into a top ten pick by returning. Boyd didn't help his stock at all and may have decreased it by returning. Beasley has hit his ceiling.
The NFL will be there. He might just want to finish his degree and he will never get his college life back once he goes. He is a different cat that marches to the beat of a different drum. Heck he works out at a crappy Golds Gym rather than a multimillion dollar athletic faciltiy when he can.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #168
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Dabo is a con man who is only looking out for himself. There is no way in hell this guy should come back to college right now with the great year he just had. It blows my mind that people don't see through Dabo and see he is a total douche trying to constantly beg these guys to come back.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:38 PM   #169
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
Dabo is a con man who is only looking out for himself. There is no way in hell this guy should come back to college right now with the great year he just had. It blows my mind that people don't see through Dabo and see he is a total douche trying to constantly beg these guys to come back.
Yes because it worked so well with Bryant and Breeland who decided right after the OB to go pro. Neither of those guys will be in the top 3 rounds I bet. Heck, Breeland stands a chance of not even getting drafted I would imagine since it isn't like he was tearing it up on the corners.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:01 PM   #170
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Yes because it worked so well with Bryant and Breeland who decided right after the OB to go pro. Neither of those guys will be in the top 3 rounds I bet. Heck, Breeland stands a chance of not even getting drafted I would imagine since it isn't like he was tearing it up on the corners.
He should have told them to come back, but obviously they didn't listen. I am talking about him trying to talk guys into coming back who have no reason in the world to play another year of college football. If he was an honest guy he would just be blunt with Beasley and tell him he would be better off to leave right now, but that wouldn't help his team win games next year. They won't even need him anyway considering all they have to do is show up in most of their games and beat the horrible teams they play.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:22 PM   #171
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Its tied at 7 a piece starting in 2000. Clemson had it 7-2 until 2009. If you go back to 1990, it's Clemson hands down. Just saying that it isn't one sided in Carolin's favor in your lifetime. Since 09', yes.
Hmm...since we joined a conference in 1992 its 12-10. Hardly dominating.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:16 PM   #172
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Hmm...since we joined a conference in 1992 its 12-10. Hardly dominating.
Well, as the one guy mentioned that he has never seen a run like this in his lifetime, you don't consider winning 10 out of 12 games from 97' to 08' as a dominating Clemson run in someones lifetime that would be posting on cockytalk? I imagine most posters are in their mid 20s and up.

Now if you wanna ask my 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son, then maybe.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:49 PM   #173
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Well, as the one guy mentioned that he has never seen a run like this in his lifetime, you don't consider winning 10 out of 12 games from 97' to 08' as a dominating Clemson run in someones lifetime that would be posting on cockytalk? I imagine most posters are in their mid 20s and up.

Now if you wanna ask my 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son, then maybe.
Your 4 year old has never seen clempson win, asking for her thoughts would be fun.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:06 AM   #174
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

So did Dabo get on his knees and convince Beasley to stay or is he going pro?
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:11 AM   #175
Nick29321
6th year senior

Male

Nick29321 is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
So did Dabo get on his knees and convince Beasley to stay or is he going pro?
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...s-options-open

Just found this...tomorrow we should know?
Isaiah 40:31
Nick29321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:21 AM   #176
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
personally, i can only be aware of the rivalry in my lifetime. anything prior, and i have to look it up in a history book. hell, there were even several years REALLY early in my life that i do not recall...

that being said, clemson has NEVER had a run, in my lifetime, as dominant as Carolina has had the past 5 years.
terry bowden owned sc..u are young or forgetful..he may not have won 5 in a row but he owned us.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:30 AM   #177
aftertwobowls
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 9500000
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
terry bowden owned sc..u are young or forgetful..he may not have won 5 in a row but he owned us.
Terry or *Tommy*?
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:27 AM   #178
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick29321 View Post
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...s-options-open

Just found this...tomorrow we should know?

Yes - All eligible underclassmen have until 11:59pm on January 15th to make a decision on whether to come back to school or enter for the the NFL draft.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:37 AM   #179
A. Pilgrim
Two Deep

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:

Clemson has never won 5 in a row, all by double digits, in my lifetime.

I was born in 1983.

NEXT!
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #180
A. Pilgrim
Two Deep

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post

Well, we're talking about Clemson, not Auburn.

Oh, did you mean TOMMY Bowden?

Well, as I just responded in my previous post- he never beat us 5 in a row by double digits.

suck on that.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote