CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Singaporecock
CoverTwo
2000grad
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
usc1
Order 66
Cock Kool-Aid
rosstheboss
uscsandstorm85
**USC vs. Charleston (4321)
Kelcy and Vic questi (2454)
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Steele projects AP t (893)
US Air nsfw tweet (723)
I like how Frank sou (645)
boiled peanuts (495)
Ahh...The Masters (493)
Cuonzo Martin to Cal (451)
Tax day freebies (443)
Bamberg High School Baseb
Connor Mitch
Last 5 years in the SEC
2015 - Chris Clark
Aggie game coming in from
**USC vs. Charleston Sout
Bruce, Vic & Kelcy si
Name a Gamecock
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
The case for Clowney at #

Old 01-14-2014, 04:16 PM   #21
scfanz
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPit
Default Re: Houston Texans owner talking up Jadeveon Clowney

Clowney & Shaw to the Texans would be great.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:28 PM   #22
AlshonLattimore
Walk On

Male

AlshonLattimore is sharpening his clawsAlshonLattimore is sharpening his clawsAlshonLattimore is sharpening his clawsAlshonLattimore is sharpening his clawsAlshonLattimore is sharpening his claws

Yeah I bet HBC was talking up Connor. If McNair is any kind of alumni and fan he knows about Connor Shaw and what he can do. No way he takes Shaw before the 5th or 6th round but he may very well be a late pickup by the Texans. At the very least, he is a solid QB2 or QB3 and can be a great locker room guy. Who knows, if the stars align, he could be the white Willie Beamen for the Texans
AlshonLattimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:28 PM   #23
SR4-AJ1
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 10585636
SR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his comb

Watt and Clowney off the edges would be insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2014, 06:41 PM   #24
GSC2013
Recruit

Male

GSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his comb

I wish he would drop to the Falcons so I could go see him play in person.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #25
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfanz View Post
Clowney & Shaw to the Texans would be great.
Oh my god, that would be amazing to go with Swag. We just gotta get Latti to Houston now haha
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:16 PM   #26
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
I wish he would drop to the Falcons so I could go see him play in person.
The texans play @ Atlanta in 2 years. You could see him play in person then
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #27
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

I think he would be happy to take JD, but I also see this as a tactic to get other interested parties to offer trades for the #1 spot.

He already mentioned he is open to trading down.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #28
lunchtrey
Walk On

lunchtrey has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Bob McNair talks Clowney....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
it says the video no longer exists….anyone have a live link?
lunchtrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:29 PM   #29
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
It's a deep QB class so why not wait til later to select your QB. I'd love to see Clowney on the Texans.
Yes. There are plenty of decent QBs that will still be around for the first pick of the second round.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:57 PM   #30
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

If they Draft Shaw and Clowney I will have to be a Texas fan.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:08 AM   #31
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I wonder if SOS talked up Clowney and Connor Shaw. They need a QB, Spurrier was probably selling Shaw heavily.
I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Shaw go to the Texans in the late rounds.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:09 AM   #32
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
McNair came to the bowl game (first time) and spoke with SOS privately after the game.
He brought JJ Watt with him....I am not kidding.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:07 AM   #33
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his comb

Quote:
JJ Watt also went to Wisconsin. So there's that too...

I'd love to see JD in Houston, would be a good defense for him. And it would be nice to have a #1 pick for bragging rights. (As if 5 years isnt enough )

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #34
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I'd rather Clowney become a Texan than a Falcon.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:46 AM   #35
doccock
Super Doc

Male

doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
McNair played football at Carolina for one year, then switched to basketball, I think.
While we did have a Bob McNair play BB in 1942, this Robert McNair graduated in 1958 and was not an athlete.
doc
Old 01-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #36
brat
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccock View Post
While we did have a Bob McNair play BB in 1942, this Robert McNair graduated in 1958 and was not an athlete.
doc
My memory was a tad off, but he did a short video talking about his time at USC. He said his Freshman year he played basketball and tennis then decided he wasn't an athlete and got involved in other activities which included student government.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...8E1FFB7DF10CAB
Old 01-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #37
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

I'd say Seattle or San Francisco would have won this past weekend with Connor at Qb.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #38
Willy B.
Walk On

Male

Willy B. has feathers coming inWilly B. has feathers coming inWilly B. has feathers coming in

McNair might be playing mind games a la Spurrier.

I figured he hypes up Clowney so Houston could grab Manziel for #1. That'd be a huge draw for the local crowd.
Willy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #39
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Watts brother plays for Wisconsin and he went there.
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:07 PM   #40
uscnoklahoma
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 400
uscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPituscnoklahoma rules the CockPit

If they don't take Johnny Football or Clowney they are idiots.

This space has been censored
uscnoklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote