CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TheUniversityofSC
COCKYTALKIN
Gamecocks1137
Lonnie
Spurticus
markymark550
MWard
spareparts
garnet_black215
WeStill0wnUSC
Another A&M aggi (2028)
Green and Lammons (1821)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Comporium (736)
Dawg DL man arrested (512)
Nashville (378)
It's Cover Two's bda (377)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (343)
Georgia DE Jonathan (247)
Gamecocks taken in t (165)
Official SEC Network and
Boosting OOC schedule str
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
Spurrier Responds to Dabo
2016 - Woody Barrett
Another A&M aggie off
2015 - Marquavius Lewis
2015 - Albert Huggins
Predict Clemson 2014
Green and Lammons

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 03:25 AM   #1821
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Recruiting Impressions

Could you imagine Lammons, Smith, and Green all in one class?

With Harris and Smith it would be the best DB haul ever.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #1822
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Decided to move these discussions to this thread as they fit better here than any one individual:

http://southcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=646864

There is our depth chart, should be updated somewhat regularly. D.J. Smith is not there yet, but I am thinking he will be sometime today.

Now we all know we need some attrition if we get any more players committing. If you want to know the likely candidates, look in the Jr. and Sr. columns and notice names you haven't heard a lot of, or heavy numbers of a position that we are bringing into this class. Those are the likely guys to leave.

When I glance through it, I see 5 (not naming names right now, just my personal preference) that I think will not be here after the summer. Most will be advised to transfer, some will have already graduated by that time so they could go to another D1 program if they wish to get some playing time. I can see about 3 more that are questionable, depending on how they do in the Spring workouts.

Hard not to think about it, but we really don't know how these guys will do in the Spring so its really best to just wait until the word starts leaking out and guys start transferring. If you are still worried about numbers at this point...don't be. If you are still worried about them after looking at the depth chart and seeing Jrs. and Srs. that haven't seen the field and likely won't, meaning they are prime candidates to move on, well then you're just a nervous person and there isn't much else to do.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #1823
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

I know Scott's recruitment is not over but if we don't sign him our RB situation has the potential to be thin next year.

Jamari moving to CB, who knows if this is full time or not.

Davis will likely go pro after next year.

Who knows if Carson will want to be here for his SR year in football.

Also Wilds injury history and his future plans who knows.

Say 2 of Wilds, Davis, Carson leave after next season. That leaves us with 3 scholarship backs. Only 2 if Jamari stays at CB.

Way way too thin to compete in the SEC. You need atleast 5-6 active RBs available to make it through a season.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:10 PM   #1824
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockthehammer View Post
Curious as to what service he works for and if they use top 20 players to rank classes like rivals does, or does his ranking systems use top 25 players like another (maybe scout) does. Either way #12 is sweet. It would be great to add Wideman & Scott to that group.
As much i want him to be a Gamecock...My hunch says Wideman sticks with FSU....Don't understand why he would...But i get the impression he is solid with the seminoles
Old 01-14-2014, 12:16 PM   #1825
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb

Watched the Shrine Bowl and Army All American....Bryson Allen Williams, Donte Sawyer, Donnel Stanley, Shaq Davidson, Tyshun Samuel, the TE from Bamburg(sorry name eludes me, brain cramp) and the lineman from Woodmont all impressed the heck our of me....So, its a very good class..No matter what many of the clueless analyst say
Old 01-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #1826
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
I know Scott's recruitment is not over but if we don't sign him our RB situation has the potential to be thin next year.

Jamari moving to CB, who knows if this is full time or not.

Davis will likely go pro after next year.

Who knows if Carson will want to be here for his SR year in football.

Also Wilds injury history and his future plans who knows.

Say 2 of Wilds, Davis, Carson leave after next season. That leaves us with 3 scholarship backs. Only 2 if Jamari stays at CB.

Way way too thin to compete in the SEC. You need atleast 5-6 active RBs available to make it through a season.

I agree that the RB position is one that you don't want to be thin at but it's also the easiest position that a true freshman can excel in given he has the talent. So if we don't sign a RB in this class it's really not that bad especially with numbers being tight, we will just need to make that position a priority next year and if Mike Davis has the type of year that sends him to the NFL we should be able to land a stud.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:41 PM   #1827
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

I want Wideman, Prince, and either Green or Lammons.

I have lost faith in our ability to land Scott and both Green and Lammons (together).

Old 01-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #1828
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Just curious, what 2015 RB's are we in good shape with? Or too early to tell.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:58 PM   #1829
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
I asked that on TBS and GCC and the answers were that he haven't pushed for RB that much yet....waiting on the Scott decision.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #1830
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Bryce Love from Wake Forest area (not the college) is one that was mentioned recently. He's got a thread...apparently both his parents went to USC and I believe his dad ran track. I don't think he's Lattimore "big time" but he's pretty good....4 star on Rivals, Scout & 247, 3 star on Espn (but who cares about them...)

Here's the thread: http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread....ght=bryce+love
Old 01-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #1831
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Close w/ Prince, Green, Lammons, and possibly Isaiah Ford and another DE prospect (and Wideman, though who knows if he qualifies). I think the writing is on the wall w/r/t Scott and RB isn't a big need this cycle, anyway. (Will be next year, though.)
Old 01-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #1832
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Moving on from concern about oversigning fallout. I have a hypothetical numbers question for the 2015 class. That question is, say we sign a full class this year. We can count back 1 - Lamin. How many can we count-back for 2015 when our signing limit goes from 22 to 25? I am pretty sure the answer is 2 because thought there iss a 25 a year scholarship limit as well, 22 this year. An earlly enrollee I thought does not count toward the number of recruits we can SIGN but they DO count toward the calculation of the amount of scholarships we hand out a year when calculating how many we can count back the next year. So, because of our sanctions being over do we get those spots back or none because we are locked into those 22 scholarships this year? I guess what I am saying is, will this be considered: a) 22/22 b) 22/25 or c) 23/25. And my guess is (c)
Old 01-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #1833
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
Close w/ Prince, Green, Lammons, and possibly Isaiah Ford and another DE prospect (and Wideman, though who knows if he qualifies). I think the writing is on the wall w/r/t Scott and RB isn't a big need this cycle, anyway. (Will be next year, though.)
That is 6, we can only take 5 more.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #1834
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I think the numbers will...well, you know. (Replace "another DE prospect" w/ Wideman to cap us at 5, then.)
Old 01-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #1835
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneisAble View Post
If we get Lammons, I doubt Green comes. With Lammons, we will have 4 DBs in this class without Green. Green seems to be focused on numbers.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:15 PM   #1836
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

Final 247 rankings:

Sawyer rises from 94 to 95
BAW rises from 93 to 96 (and into the top 100, I believe)
Davidson drops from 96 to 92

Green rises from 93 to 94
Prince drops from 98 to 97 (losing 5* status)

Surprised at Shaq's drop...?
Old 01-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #1837
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Shaq didn't really have a good week of practice at the Army bowl, he dropped a lot of balls during practice - this was noted by quite a few analysts that were watching.. He looked like a redshirt candidate coming out of the Shrine bowl as well. His ranking dropping is probably justified based on how he looked during the 2 weeks during the 2 all-star games as he is 1) not polished as a WR, 2) not physically read to play right away, and 3) has a lot to work on, thus he is not a top 100 recruit.

Now, how can Jacob Park remain in the top 100 in the 247 rankings since he has looked awful in the live action? 247 has invested too much time defending his ranking to drop him from there is my guess.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #1838
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I can't wait to see this DB class pan out. I have a feeling it will be special.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:35 AM   #1839
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
6 is correct....we have 17, Lamin counts back so we can take 6 more.....total 23.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:27 AM   #1840
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
Shaq didn't really have a good week of practice at the Army bowl, he dropped a lot of balls during practice - this was noted by quite a few analysts that were watching.. He looked like a redshirt candidate coming out of the Shrine bowl as well. His ranking dropping is probably justified based on how he looked during the 2 weeks during the 2 all-star games as he is 1) not polished as a WR, 2) not physically read to play right away, and 3) has a lot to work on, thus he is not a top 100 recruit.

Now, how can Jacob Park remain in the top 100 in the 247 rankings since he has looked awful in the live action? 247 has invested too much time defending his ranking to drop him from there is my guess.
Fact is he spent all year at qb really. He needs some time at wr. When it clicks though he will be a good one. Better than nick jones and probably as good as Bruce I think.

I think Deebo is gonna have a leg up on him getting some pt this year but he may red shirt also with Roland, jones, Byrd, and cooper getting the reps.