CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (873)
Call of Duty: Advanc (542)
Good Riddance to bad (477)
Keeping tailgate foo (329)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (299)
Bashing Players, coa (240)
The Comeback & T (235)
An A to Z of Noah We (218)
Wallpaper & Back (119)
Instrumental Music ( (106)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 01-14-2014, 08:11 PM   #241
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: Seventh Woods (2016 Prospect)

Isn't he only a sophomore? I hope he comes to Carolina, but it's so early to worry.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:36 PM   #242
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

The triangle schools are only 3.5 hours away. The "stay at home" considerations are good, but it's not a big deal to drive to watch his games, if you're in Columbia. He'll get exposure anywhere, but he'll be seen by way more people and talked up more in the ACC. That's a fact.

If those schools are packed at guard however, I could see him staying here and starting right away. If he bolts though, that will leave us right where we were, except other top talents may be more drawn to us.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:42 PM   #243
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

How long do you think thornwell will stay? If we could ever field a team with Dozier Woods and Thornwell on it I would be very excited
Old 01-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #244
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Not that this is crazy news... but I spoke to a guy on his team from last year and he said that he has little to no interest in us at this point.
You have a really terrible source there, and I would stop talking to him. But thanks anyway for the terrible information.
baitandswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:02 PM   #245
beak2
4-Star

Male

beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

I heard Kornblut say Dozier and Woods want to see how the fans support the program. Nobody wants to play in front of fans dressed as empty seats. So right now, I would say things do not look good, based on that. But I am hopeful things can change and fans will see the big picture and support the team.
beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:19 PM   #246
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak2 View Post
I heard Kornblut say Dozier and Woods want to see how the fans support the program. Nobody wants to play in front of fans dressed as empty seats. So right now, I would say things do not look good, based on that. But I am hopeful things can change and fans will see the big picture and support the team.
It won't take much to bring the fans back. The last time we were an NCAA team in 2004, we averaged over 17,000 for home SEC games. We were not ranked that season and we barely snuck into the tournament, so it's not like we were a top 25 team.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:22 AM   #247
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
It won't take much to bring the fans back. The last time we were an NCAA team in 2004, we averaged over 17,000 for home SEC games. We were not ranked that season and we barely snuck into the tournament, so it's not like we were a top 25 team.
There ain't much to do in columbia after bowl season, if we are competitive, the fans will come out. Baseball doesn't appeal to everyone, and some fans love all sports.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:48 AM   #248
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

frank wants 18k in there right now!! people need to get it together and support this team by going to games and being loud!!!!

unfortunately i cant go, so someone else needs to pick it up.

sarcasm
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:38 AM   #249
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Maybe we have a chance if we get a lot better, otherwise no chance. And people are going to show up just to watch a bad team. That doesn't happen anywhere.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:31 AM   #250
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

There were a reported 12,071 in attendance for our game vs LSU...2/3rds capacity just to watch a .500 team...find a way to start giving hope to the fans, and they will come...
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:57 AM   #251
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
There were a reported 12,071 in attendance for our game vs LSU...2/3rds capacity just to watch a .500 team...find a way to start giving hope to the fans, and they will come...

It did look like a good crowd on tv. Hopefully we can get that again this weekend when the recruits are in town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #252
Reeser
Recruit

Male

Reeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his comb

bought season tickets for this point alone. I know i'm only one person, but i think if everyone who can has that same mentallity we can get CLA rocking again!
Old 01-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #253
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Typical student with tickets already paid for:

"I'M NOT GOING UNTIL THEY START WINNIN GAMES!!!"

I called it though. These players are big recruits, there's no way they're going to turn down the opportunity to play national tv games at a staple program to play for a half-assed supported team like us. We really need to pack CLA and get loud if we want either of them.

Win or lose, fans of Duke, UNC, Indiana, and plenty of others are going to fill their arenas. So they look appealing regardless. If we want them, we're going to have to go to CLA even if the Gamecocks aren't winning. It's called loyalty.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:24 PM   #254
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGCfan View Post
How long do you think thornwell will stay? If we could ever field a team with Dozier Woods and Thornwell on it I would be very excited
Dozier is a 2015 recruit and Woods is a 2016 recruit.

If Thornwell stayed all four years and we got both players, he would get to play with both in his senior year. I'm not sure how likely that is though, given that Thornwell has the talent to be an NBA player. He might not go in the lottery, but I can see him being drafted.

When Woods is a freshman, most of our team will be seniors.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:25 PM   #255
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
Typical student with tickets already paid for:

"I'M NOT GOING UNTIL THEY START WINNIN GAMES!!!"

I called it though. These players are big recruits, there's no way they're going to turn down the opportunity to play national tv games at a staple program to play for a half-assed supported team like us. We really need to pack CLA and get loud if we want either of them.

Win or lose, fans of Duke, UNC, Indiana, and plenty of others are going to fill their arenas. So they look appealing regardless. If we want them, we're going to have to go to CLA even if the Gamecocks aren't winning. It's called loyalty.
I am going to say if UNC or Duke was as bad as we have been this decade they wouldn't show. They just aren't bad

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:26 PM   #256
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

As a student I actually decided I am going to up my attendance just because it helps recruiting.

for willy
Old 01-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #257
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

Quote:
I am going to go to the next game dressed like the seat. But I will be there.

for willy
Old 01-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #258
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
I am going to say if UNC or Duke was as bad as we have been this decade they wouldn't show. They just aren't bad
They've had some rough seasons, but fans keep going. It's all about tradition and loyalty. I remember Frank talking about that being a huge thing he wants to establish here. Big recruits just don't want to go to some school because it's in their state. There has to be a tradition that draws them there. Tradition doesn't necessarily start with winning games. Winning games is the icing on the cake though.

The LSU game was a great start. I hope it doesn't get anywhere near as bad as the last season under Horn, when Kentucky pretty much created a home game at CLA. You could count the Gamecock fans there one hand.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #259
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
As a student I actually decided I am going to up my attendance just because it helps recruiting.
Thank you! Basketball games are a lot of fun. I was quite a regular in college even before the Garnet Army was started, and enjoyed them so much. Sit close to the court and do a little friendly heckling for me.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #260
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

I'd be there if i was in town.