CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
StormOfTalons
zcoop
Latti
gamecock88
NinjaSven
gromweat
18IsTheMan
MikeTrainNC8
lucas
uscgmck
Nick Chubb (6385)
A&M on 3rd down (1724)
Spurrier Presser (1692)
All of our defensive (1572)
Uniform thread (1354)
Rankings (1300)
Cack's Toast of the (1278)
Spurrier: Davis Will (1267)
3-4 "D" Ke (944)
Will Devin ever suit (792)
Over reacting?
3-4 "D" Keep it
Yeti roadie-good tailgate
2015 Commitment - Shameik
East Carolina Prediction
AVGN Movie
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:
Men's soccer vs. Clemson
Spurrier: Davis Will Be A

Old 01-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #181
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Beasley staying

"Modern Era" post World War II the record is 37-29. Since 1992 when we joined the SEC the record is 12-10. SO hardly a domination and since deebo was relevant this hasnt been a domination. So please I understand why taters are the way they are lately and its called "losers lament". The are so infatuated with USC and the football team that they cant seem to get us off their mind. And deebo is under the impression that if his best players stay their senior year that they could somehow beat us. We all have seen how much that has worked out for the "old head cheerleader".
Old 01-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #182
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Beasley isnt even good lol
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #183
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Beasley isnt even good lol
Yeah buts its the best experienced player deebo has so hes going all in on Beasley. Beasley wouldn't start for SC. Tweet that
Old 01-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #184
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
Well, we're talking about Clemson, not Auburn.

Oh, did you mean TOMMY Bowden?

Well, as I just responded in my previous post- he never beat us 5 in a row by double digits.

suck on that.
It is also fun to remind them Spurrier's winning % in the rivalry is better than Clemson's.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #185
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

I have a serious question, can anyone name a defensive player projected to go in the first round that has come back for his Senior year and improved his stock?
Old 01-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #186
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7687 View Post
Yeah buts its the best experienced player deebo has so hes going all in on Beasley. Beasley wouldn't start for SC. Tweet that
An All American DE wouldn't start for a team that just lost its two starting DE's to graduation/draft?
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:35 AM   #187
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
terry bowden owned sc..u are young or forgetful..he may not have won 5 in a row but he owned us.
Virtually everybody did when we were winning 5-6-7 games a season. CLEM5ON is hoping we'll get back to that level so they can win again.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #188
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I have a serious question, can anyone name a defensive player projected to go in the first round that has come back for his Senior year and improved his stock?
I don't even know how you can decide if they improved their draft stock or not. The NFL Draft Advisory Board gives players grades by which round they are selected, and not specifically by which part of the round. For example, Clowney received a first round grade. They don't state if they think you go top 5, top 10, wherever, but only which round they project you to go.

Stating that, how can you tell if a player improved his draft stock of a first round by staying? Now, I understand you might state he could have went from 3rd best QB to the best QB, but one can do that at the combine. And the mock drafts we look at on the Internet are not always accurate. See EJ Manuel over Geno Smith in the draft last year, when everyone had Geno going in the first round.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:45 AM   #189
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
I don't even know how you can decide if they improved their draft stock or not. The NFL Draft Advisory Board gives players grades by which round they are selected, and not specifically by which part of the round. For example, Clowney received a first round grade. They don't state if they think you go top 5, top 10, wherever, but only which round they project you to go.

Stating that, how can you tell if a player improved his draft stock of a first round by staying? Now, I understand you might state he could have went from 3rd best QB to the best QB, but one can do that at the combine. And the mock drafts we look at on the Internet are not always accurate. See EJ Manuel over Geno Smith in the draft last year, when everyone had Geno going in the first round.
True. Let me ask it this way. can anyone mention a defensive player (and I stress defense because the other team can dictate your production there to a degree) that was considered a very good prospect that came back for a Senior Season to be considered a GREAT prospect?
Old 01-15-2014, 12:06 PM   #190
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Today is the deadline, correct?

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #191
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

I don't get it. Clemson started classes back January 6th. Either he's been in class for over a week or he hasn't been.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:41 PM   #192
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

He enrolled late
Old 01-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #193
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

From a linked article above written a few days ago:

Quote:
He has remained enrolled at Clemson and attended a class Monday (01/13) morning.
His attendance is not confirmation of a decision to return but simply an indication that he truly is torn. Beasley missed the start of classes last week. By attending this morning, he has complied with NCAA regulations and would be eligible next season if he decides to return.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #194
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I think he ends up staying.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #195
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
He enrolled late
Which would make me think he was convinced to stay after originally deciding to leave.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:00 PM   #196
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yes because it worked so well with Bryant and Breeland who decided right after the OB to go pro. Neither of those guys will be in the top 3 rounds I bet. Heck, Breeland stands a chance of not even getting drafted I would imagine since it isn't like he was tearing it up on the corners.
So now they are leaving early they suck?

Breeland will go on the final day.
But Bryant, with his athleticism, I see no later than the third round.
Oh, and Vic Beasley will probably go in the 2nd round...unless a team running a 3-4 moves up to get a rush OLB.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #197
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

From my brief research of the Internet on several draft sites: It looks like, from a realistic POV, the earliest he could be drafted would be 20th to the Arizona Cardinals. At Arizona he could learn from Abraham and mold into a solid OLB, which would be a good fit for him. He just doesn't have the size to be an every down DE, but he could be an every down OLB. The Eagles are another likely destination.

As for Bryant leaving, the story that came out was that he needs to take care of his family. Bryant also has the talent to perform very well at the combine, and elevate himself to possibly a 2nd round pick - my amateur opinion.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #198
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
He enrolled late
That is to make sure if he doest come back he is eligible.
Although, I doubt any regular student, or other student-athletes not playing football can get that type of treatment.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:25 PM   #199
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

If Clemson calls a press conference for this I will never stop laughing.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #200
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

So the reports of Beasly being in class today are based on 1 tweet, by one student.

I think if it were REALLY true, that clemson students all over would be tweeting it out like crazy.

But that's just me...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote