CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
thekob
WeStillOwnUSC
El Cid Ranger
MountainCock
kingoftheroost
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
palmettosc
Interesting quotes f (2596)
Have you ever been s (1553)
Key for 2015 defense (961)
Skai Moore out for U (815)
Women's Team Ranked (608)
Lebron makes Clevela (502)
Troubles in Tigertow (359)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (324)
Cockaboose Video (249)
What does it take to (143)
TN game weather
FSU vs. Louisville
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014
Cockaboose Video
Where do you like to sit
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Who is your favorite play
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Gamecockology Helms

Old 01-15-2014, 11:56 PM   #201
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: **USC vs. Texas A&M GAME Thread**

From now I'll just plan on being pissed off for our men's basketball games, and it will be my special ranting and raving at the world time. It means I can cancel my usual time for doing that which is most of the time.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:59 PM   #202
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
They looked too tense the final 10 minutes in the game. The reality is we don't have enough offensive firepower to close out games.
No, we don't. Not if they are calling fouls on us non stop and just a few on them. If it was even than maybe.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:03 AM   #203
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
From now I'll just plan on being pissed off for our men's basketball games, and it will be my special ranting and raving at the world time. It means I can cancel my usual time for doing that which is most of the time.
Take a step back from it, that's what I did. I've been a huge fan all my life, biggest I know. Eventually I decided it wasn't healthy to get that emotionally involved in it, it just had me in an awful pissed off mood all the time. I've taken a step back and am now barely even a casual fan. Some might call it giving up or being a fairweather fan, but I'm not pissed off every Wednesday and Saturday so that's what matters to me.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:07 AM   #204
kathym
Walk On

Female

CockyCash: 500
kathym has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet&black1998rn View Post
The game should be called foul skills ball when USC plays anyone lately. Gee, how the hell can you play defense if you get fouls called because you are in front of your man in coverage? How you gonna' coach against the other team and the officials? Frank needs more than better players , these kids need a fair shake in this league to play like the teams they face are playing defense . I don't blame him for being angry....but the players are coming together. That is promising , the damn officiating is another story in the SEC.
I absolutely agree with everything you said! Still waiting to get the same calls as the
opponent from the refs - won't hold my breath!
kathym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:08 AM   #205
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
Take a step back from it, that's what I did. I've been a huge fan all my life, biggest I know. Eventually I decided it wasn't healthy to get that emotionally involved in it, it just had me in an awful pissed off mood all the time. I've taken a step back and am now barely even a casual fan. Some might call it giving up or being a fairweather fan, but I'm not pissed off every Wednesday and Saturday so that's what matters to me.
I actually feel better now actually that I got pissed off. Good endorphins. My mindset right now is only caring if win we so long as the game is on. I was expecting zilch this year honestly. Knowing we have a good WBB, football team, and baseball team really helps as well.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:10 AM   #206
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I can understand playing aggressive defense, but the team simply makes too many stupid fouls: out of control, off-balanced fouls, poor execution fouls, frustration fouls. IMO it hurts us in the end of games. If your team is already a poor-shooting team and a poor free-throw shooting team, then fouling the opponent and sending them to the line for free offense is bad. But our team is young and there does appear to be potential for better days. Notice, Shaw, and McKie look to be solid players that will be contributors down the stretch. Henry is very raw but has talent, and even Ringer looks solid at times. So there appears to be hope for the future, but all the fouling is just another form of a lack of discipline IMO, and this team has had a lion's share of that for years, even before Coach Martin took over...
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:16 AM   #207
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I can understand playing aggressive defense, but the team simply makes too many stupid fouls: out of control, off-balanced fouls, poor execution fouls, frustration fouls. IMO it hurts us in the end of games. If your team is already a poor-shooting team and a poor free-throw shooting team, then fouling the opponent and sending them to the line for free offense is bad. But our team is young and there does appear to be potential for better days. Notice, Shaw, and McKie look to be solid players that will be contributors down the stretch. Henry is very raw but has talent, and even Ringer looks solid at times. So there appears to be hope for the future, but all the fouling is just another form of a lack of discipline IMO, and this team has had a lion's share of that for years, even before Coach Martin took over...
We have some simple things we can do to improve I think. One is not let Williams run point much. His only asset to us is as three point shooter and foul shooter. If he is going to drive he needs to draw contact every time because he is missing those floaters and contested layups. And he is sloppy with the basketball and makes dumb passes. Notice should be our point guard.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:18 AM   #208
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
I don't know what's more pathetic: our basketball program or the fact that you actually thought we'd make the NIT.
My preseason expectations was making the NIT, but like last season it isn't worth getting real invested since we are still recovering from the Horn cluster****.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:08 AM   #209
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
Channel that energy, go to the games and take it out on the opposing team and the refs. It's quite therapeutic for me.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:47 AM   #210
U-Dub Gamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

We should be an NIT team next year... If we can't at least make the NIT in 2015, then it is worse than I ever imagined
U-Dub Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote