CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
StormOfTalons
Acockolypse Now
NinjaSven
WeStill0wnUSC
2000grad
Regalcock
Spurrier_Superior_On
gromweat
GarnetSwarm1990
GarnetBlack&Blue
Nick Chubb (6385)
Spurrier Presser (1934)
All of our defensive (1790)
Spurrier: Davis Will (1614)
Uniform thread (1534)
Cack's Toast of the (1528)
Rankings (1438)
3-4 "D" Ke (1193)
Will Devin ever suit (976)
Update: Brison Willi (507)
Update: Brison Williams i
Men's soccer vs. Clemson
Not a talent issue
Over reacting?
2015 Commitment - Shameik
No Fun League Strikes Aga
Kenny Hill arrested
Gamecock football Long Te
Defense making adjustment
Cack's Toast of the Game:

Old 01-16-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Assistant Coaches get raises

Here is the breakdown:

Steve Spurrier (head coach) -- $4 million ($3.3 million last year)

... Lorenzo Ward (defensive coordinator) -- $750,000 ($650,000)
... Deke Adams (defensive line) -- $300,000 ($225,000)
... Kirk Botkin (linebackers/spurs) $300,000 ($225,000)
... Grady Brown (secondary) -- $250,000 ($180,000)
... Shawn Elliott (co- off-coordinator/offensive line) -- $430,000 ($325,000)
... G.A. Mangus (quarterbacks) -- $275,000 ($175,000)
... Joe Robinson (special teams coordinator) -- $350,000 ($325,000)
... Everette Sands (running backs) -- $250,000 ($215,000)
... Steve Spurrier Jr. (co-off coordinator/wr's) -- $380,000 ($325,000)
Old 01-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #2
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Assistant Coaches get raises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Here is the breakdown:

Steve Spurrier (head coach) -- $4 million ($3.3 million last year)

... Deke Adams (defensive line) -- $300,000 ($225,000)
... Kirk Botkin (linebackers/spurs) – $300,000 ($225,000)
... Grady Brown (secondary) -- $250,000 ($180,000)
... Shawn Elliott (co- off-coordinator/offensive line) -- $430,000 ($325,000)
... G.A. Mangus (quarterbacks) -- $275,000 ($175,000)
... Joe Robinson (special teams coordinator) -- $350,000 ($325,000)
... Everette Sands (running backs) -- $250,000 ($215,000)
... Steve Spurrier Jr. (co-off coordinator/wr's) -- $380,000 ($325,000)
... Lorenzo Ward (defensive coordinator) -- $750,000 ($650,000)

Not sure about that one. He doesn't deserve it IMO. At least not yet.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #3
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Give him a raise, I'm OK with that (and it was the smallest of them all) but the fact that his base is more than most of the others (especially Mangus)...beyond me.

They got extensions too I believe.

Hope that this means everyone stays put.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #4
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think everyone does with the top 5 finish. But that's probably the reason why his was a 25k raise as opposed to everyone else's being significantly higher.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Thundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talons

That isn't enough to keep Elliott here when Bama or someone else willing to shell out the dough comes knocking.
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #6
Tailfeathers
Starter

CockyCash: 200
Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Give him a raise, I'm OK with that (and it was the smallest of them all) but the fact that his base is more than most of the others (especially Mangus)...beyond me.

They got extensions too I believe.

Hope that this means everyone stays put.
GA may still be in trouble for the trouble he caused a couple years ago.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #7
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

Thundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talons

Our assistants are around 3.25 mil. LSU's are around 4.6 mil.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #8
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercocks- Ho! View Post
That isn't enough to keep Elliott here when Bama or someone else willing to shell out the dough comes knocking.
Truthfully, I'm not worried and won't be until he proves he can build a dominant run-blocking line. Then we will need to nail him down.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:37 PM   #9
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

G.A. is an amazing recruiter and he plays a key role in play selection.

He is due much more, but I think this is the tail end of his punishment.

I cringed when I saw his pay relative to Robinson's.

HBC will make sure G.A. gets taken care of in the long run, though.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #10
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Next season will tell the tale. Coach won't put up with another special teams year like we had this year.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:40 PM   #11
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

I chuckle at the 2 for less than Clemson's price of one OC. But you know they are Orange Bowl BCS Chic-fil-a Peach Defending Nat Champions and all.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #12
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
I chuckle at the 2 for less than Clemson's price of one OC. But you know they are Orange Bowl BCS Chic-fil-a Peach Defending Nat Champions and all.
"But they don't have Chik-fil-A on campus!"
Old 01-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #13
RoosterBooster
2nd Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Not sold on Deke. Our D-Line was playing on talent alone this year. Not alot of fundamentals.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:17 PM   #14
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit

Joe Robinson. Special Teams Coordinator. Oversees one of the worst special teams units in America. Worst recruiter on staff. GIVE THIS MAN A RAISE!!!

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:21 PM   #15
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in

I just read about this on espn.com. I found it offensive that Bret Bielema, aka Fred Flintstone, is making over $5 million per year. I've been watching all of the Razorbacks games since I've been living in Arkansas for the past 4 years. I think Bielema would be happy getting paid in nacho cheese and hot dogs.
LawyerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:27 PM   #16
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
Truthfully, I'm not worried and won't be until he proves he can build a dominant run-blocking line. Then we will need to nail him down.
I agree that it feels like they should have finished the season better with run blocking. However, I am going to go out on a limb and say that this past year may have been the best OL we have ever had. Most passing plays had good pocket development. Most blitzes were picked up effectively. We do struggle with speed rushers on the edge but other than that I think we are pretty solid. The poor run blocking at the end of the season I attribute more to coaching schemes bc usually they brought more guys than we had blockers. Ala Clempsun. Am I right?
Old 01-16-2014, 05:05 PM   #17
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I feel like Sands and Brown could use some more. But a lot of it comes down to what they were making when they came in and where they are in their careers. Like Coach Robinson, he was a guy who coached successfully at LSU. I agree though that he and deke need to produce.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #18
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Good to see us keep this core, recruiting for this year and next looks like it could be big, need to keep these guys to sustain our success

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:26 PM   #19
Studcock
Walk On

Male

Studcock has hatched from the shell

Wow! OBC deserves every penny...plus some! Crazy though when you break it down...OBC is bringing in more in one month then the lowest paid coach is the whole year! (that's over $250,000.00 just guessing after taxes). It will take me almost four years to make what he gets a month! Knew I choose the wrong career path! By the way...again this is not a bash post...just thought about it and wow! Again he is worth every penny! Heck I could be a water boy, wonder how much they make?
Studcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:48 PM   #20
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

I'm in disbelief of how much our special teams coordinator is being paid, and that his salary is higher than several of our key position group coaches.