CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
CockyLifer
b381l
ZenUSC
Regalcock
Cockhornleghorn
peterlemon
ktguen
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2514)
Morris to SMU (1858)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1237)
Carolina on a Walmar (688)
Game simulation (537)
Penniless: Creed's S (334)
Strategy First Steam (251)
Chad Morris new HC a (152)
Clemson fans (152)
Origin Sale Too (140)
2017 - Savales Cann
Have we been favored in e
Morris to SMU
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Kerbal Space Program Game
Clemson fans
Carolina on a Walmart com
BIG PROBLEM! JUST REALIZE
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Constant Updates on Watso

View Poll Results: yes or no
yes 23 26.44%
no 64 73.56%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2014, 05:52 PM   #1
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.
Default Would you consider the Mens Basketball Team

a black eye to the athletic program? I'm by no means suggesting that it is just wanted to get everyone's opinion.

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material
Default Re: Would you consider the Mens Basketball Team

no more than the football program was

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #3
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

Did we consider them a black eye in 1997 when they were SEC champs? If anything our baseball program has more than made up for what has been lacking in our basketball department.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #4
M.C.

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
no more than the football program was
I just hope Martin is the guy to turn it around

Old 01-16-2014, 06:04 PM   #5
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

No because they still make the athletic program money.
More than any sport but football.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #6
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1715674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
I just hope Martin is the guy to turn it around
the team this year reminds me of the football team in the years right after spurrier took over...they seem to have issues playing as a team, and sometimes let small mistakes "get in their head" and it costs them the game

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #7
baitandswitch
Banned

Male

baitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudlybaitandswitch is crowing loudly

How could anyone think that? It's not like we go 0 for.
baitandswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:27 PM   #8
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

No
Old 01-16-2014, 07:44 PM   #9
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

I don't think so. It's not like the team has ever been a powerhouse. I think 15 wins and the occaisional NIT appearance is good.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #10
ds401
4-Star

Female

ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material

No.

I wish tons more students went to the games. My husband calls me the lone cheerer. I get looks when I cheer/yell. I find my yelling distracts the opposing team when they have the ball. Students are more vocal than fans my age (50's). SOOOO....... praying for more students to show up and stay the game.

The players have to get mad enough to play like their life depends on it. They played this past game better in rebounding.
ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #11
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

No... But it was sweet to hear Mckie again on television last night from the announcers. Had a flashback to Ryan Stack, Melvin Watson, Jamel Bradley, Carlos Powell... I know they all didn't play together but it feels like a long time since all those guys played in the garnet and black.
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #12
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

The out of conference results this year have been a downside. However, games against Baylor, OK St. were gauranteed loses. Considering 4 gauranteed conf loses (UK and FLA) a 21-10 record would have been an OUTSTANDING season.

I think right now 14-17 looks realistic going into SEC championship play. I wouldn't be suprised to see a better record either.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #13
Qatarcock
Redneck Abroad

Male

CockyCash: 1000500
Qatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot materialQatarcock is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Qatarcock

Yes.

Considering the success of the football team, baseball team, and women's basketball team, right now the men's basketball team is the black eye of the athletic department. Hopefully Frank the Tank is the man to turn it back around and make them relevant yet again. (This comes from someone who attended every game when I was in SC and continues to have basketball season tickets which my family originally obtained in the 80's.)

We should expect and demand more from our basketball team and not be satisfied with anything other than a regular tourney team (insert Eddie Fogler joke here). It is because I expect that, combined with the success of the other teams, that it is currently a black eye. At least we are not in the Newton era!!!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #14
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 32021
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

I'm sure Martin will get it turned around
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:59 PM   #15
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

no
Old 01-16-2014, 10:04 PM   #16
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

No, but they can see the punch coming from where they are.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:19 PM   #17
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I voted yes, not because I do not believe in our team to turn it around. It is because I feel as if they are't motivated. Marcus Lattimore should come speak to this team. They need to hear it from an outside voice.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #18
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Our lacrosse team is winless. That is shame right there

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:40 PM   #19
M.C.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Our lacrosse team is winless. That is shame right there
Isn't that a club sport

Old 01-16-2014, 10:57 PM   #20
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

This is only Frank's 2nd season. I am certain he will get it turned around. Dawn Staley had her detractors in her first 2 seasons, too.