CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
usc90grad
ertman420
MWard
spareparts
Cunningham wants to (1335)
ESPN article on Clow (1029)
Clemson Georgia Game (812)
Mangus now coaching (552)
Can Tennessee get to (400)
Chick Redefines the (268)
Spread vs. aTm (227)
Truly Inspiring (210)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (197)
The Bama series (196)
2 Crazy things
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Mangus now coaching TEs
The Bama series
2015 - Davon Durant
2015 - Taj Griffin
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Playstation 4
ESPN article on Clowney -

Old 01-16-2014, 04:38 PM   #1
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

CockyCash: 500
AtlantaSportsGuy is sharpening his clawsAtlantaSportsGuy is sharpening his clawsAtlantaSportsGuy is sharpening his clawsAtlantaSportsGuy is sharpening his claws
Default USC is trying very hard to get people in CLA Saturday

Are offering students tshirts and free food at the game...hopefully this will drive people to come

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 200
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material
Default Re: USC is trying very hard to get people in CLA Saturday

I'd go but $40 for 2 tickets in the nosebleeds is too steep for my miserly self.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #3
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
Are offering students tshirts and free food at the game...hopefully this will drive people to come
Students don't pay ticket prices anyway...they need to offer people that pay full price for tickets more incentive in order to pack the house. Get a bunch of different kids groups performing at halftime and that will draw more of the parents in to watch their kids and make it look like there are more people there

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:57 PM   #4
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy is sharpening his clawsAtlantaSportsGuy is sharpening his clawsAtlantaSportsGuy is sharpening his clawsAtlantaSportsGuy is sharpening his claws

It is the Football Recognition game and the recruits are coming for the OV weekend, need a big crowd!

Old 01-16-2014, 04:59 PM   #5
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

I can see the need for this, huge football recruiting weekend. Hopefully they pack the place out
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:02 PM   #6
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24997962
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

Quote:
It is the Football Recognition game and the recruits are coming for the OV weekend, need a big crowd!
If my friends father's funeral isn't on that day then I have to be there as an employee of the arena.

Gapo
Old 01-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #7
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

I'm going (student at USC) and I know a lot of other students that are attending, need some "We Want Prince" chants and others going on

Old 01-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #8
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
I can see the need for this, huge football recruiting weekend. Hopefully they pack the place out

The LSU game had a good turnout, IMO. I was there as a patron this time, not an employee. It was all but filled in the lower bowl, and huge patches in the upper deck were full as well.

Gapo
Old 01-16-2014, 05:05 PM   #9
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

Quote:
I'm going (student at USC) and I know a lot of other students that are attending, need some "We Want Prince" chants and others going on

Look for me......30 year old, White guy, goatee, shaved head, in a grey and black guest services uniform....Come say hello.

Gapo
Old 01-16-2014, 05:06 PM   #10
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

Thats what I heard, couldn't go because I was driving back to school but losses to LSU and aTm probably will hurt attendance this weekend sadly

Old 01-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #11
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 58943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I also read some other events are planned.....Frank McGuire is being honored during the game, and past Gamecocks BB greats will also attend. Plus I also think Coach Staley is going to be honored somehow in relation to her induction into the BB HOF, but don't know if this will take place tomorrow, or during their game Saturday versus Alabama....
Old 01-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #12
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Free parking would help

Not saying it would happen, but I would assume it would help.
Give a larbage, throw out your garbage.
Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:40 PM   #13
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I got my tickets and will be loud and proud! My daughter will as well.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:00 PM   #14
ds401
4-Star

Female

ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
I'd go but $40 for 2 tickets in the nosebleeds is too steep for my miserly self.

Just went on Ticketmaster. Tickets showing for $9.50 each. South Carolina ticketmaster 24.50 each. Anyone seeing that??

Last edited by ds401; 01-16-2014 at 06:21 PM.
ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:42 PM   #15
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Get them outside the arena much cheaper than that.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #16
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

Pretty sad.. usually these stunts are reserved for women's basketball games. We have to have the worst student section in the country. I see college basketball games all the time and everyone else seems more coordinated and packed OUT. There were times when I was a student we got LOUD and were packed but it was when great teams came to play: Kansas, Kentucky, Florida. We did have a lot of great student crowds under Horn though, in particular I remember the game where we beat UGA 78-77 (it was after the #1 UK win) - great atmospheres both games. It's just gotten so bad.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:26 PM   #17
Gamecocks1137
Game MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Hate to Mr. Buzzkillington, but I don't think you can actually do that within NCAA rules. Or is that just at Football games?
Old 01-16-2014, 11:03 PM   #18
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

And you have the World of Beer Festival right up the hill after the game is over.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #19
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

I normally would go, but I have to cast a revue tonight and that will take until 5 in the morning at least, and I have a friend's surprise party to attend. I will be sleeping!
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #20
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Going to the noon Beer Fest so I can make it to the CLA for the game or at least halftime. I figure I'll be able to understand everything Spurrier says this way.