CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
Pty23
ElTiger
Feathers
Goofyboy
cocky0
JaxcockFL
clemtig
2014 Subway Classic: (1667)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1021)
Former Gamecock root (1006)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Franks boy's are pla (732)
Four USC Basketball (615)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (418)
Bowl packages (369)
Kentucky is dominati (283)
Chance of my lifetim (269)
2015 Commitment - Quandes
Former Gamecock rooting f
Question for those who ha
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
My early Monday dinner .
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10"
2015 Commitment - Zack Ba

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #1161
Jim Lahey
I'm on the white liqour

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Wesley Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
UGA DC Pruitt on his in-home visit to Wesley Green: "Wesley, you belong at UGA: you are a CB that fits perfectly in my defensive system, and my defense is the best system for you. What do you say?"

Green: "Coach, I have almost 30 legit offers from major programs, plus offers for a long time from Florida and Miami, but I never got an offer from you when you were at FSU. Why is that?"

Pruitt: "uhh....urmmm....ahhhhh..."
let's hope he see's it that way

Lim Jahey! Pleased to meet you, bud!
Old 01-16-2014, 10:55 PM   #1162
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
UGA DC Pruitt on his in-home visit to Wesley Green: "Wesley, you belong at UGA: you are a CB that fits perfectly in my defensive system, and my defense is the best system for you. What do you say?"

Green: "Coach, I have almost 30 legit offers from major programs, plus offers for a long time from Florida and Miami, but I never got an offer from you when you were at FSU. Why is that?"

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I feel like it'd be easy for the coach to say "I really wanted to offer you, but Jimbo didn't want me too." or something of that nature, to make it seem like he did want him. and to me, how would the kid know if its true or not?
Old 01-16-2014, 11:12 PM   #1163
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

CockyCash: 500
AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Green said he wants to commit as soon as possible and not drag it out...I wouldn't be surprised if he commits this weekend on the OV if he knows its the place for him

Old 01-16-2014, 11:52 PM   #1164
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1000001185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I feel like it'd be easy for the coach to say "I really wanted to offer you, but Jimbo didn't want me too." or something of that nature, to make it seem like he did want him. and to me, how would the kid know if its true or not?

If he's smart he'd call out that BS. If Ward really wanted a player, I doubt Spurrier would get in his way.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:09 AM   #1165
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

^^^LOL!!! You really think Pruitt would throw Fischer under the bus like that. That's is just too obvious. Only a sucker would fall that schpeel. He offered 28 CBs. Lammons, Harris, and Smalls all got FSU offers.

Fischer: How many CBs we offer?
Pruitt: 28 so far.
Fischer: okay whose up next?
Pruitt: Wesley Green. He's awesome he is one of the best CB prospects in the southeast.
Fischer: Really, let me watch his tape
(10 mins later)
Fischer: Nope, not worth a 29th offer! Don't offer him! I forbid you!
Old 01-17-2014, 12:13 AM   #1166
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
If he's smart he'd call out that BS. If Ward really wanted a player, I doubt Spurrier would get in his way.
I think all the decisions about offers by the coaches are done behind closed doors.....that way there is never any potential conflict about one saying one thing and another coach saying something else.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:14 AM   #1167
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:

great post

Old 01-17-2014, 11:14 AM   #1168
Reeser
Recruit

Male

Reeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his comb

This weekend I'll either be rewarded with points, or scortched off of Cockytalk
Old 01-18-2014, 03:56 PM   #1169
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Old 01-18-2014, 04:04 PM   #1170
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeser View Post
This weekend I'll either be rewarded with points, or scortched off of Cockytalk
You're not being over zealous with your predictions; no one should "scortched" you.

If you are right on Prince I'll give you points everyday for a week.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:59 PM   #1171
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Green seems to be enjoying himself on the OV. Tweeting pics with other corners calling themselves the Legion of Boom and DBU

Old 01-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #1172
CockOla
Game MVP

Male

CockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
Green seems to be enjoying himself on the OV. Tweeting pics with other corners calling themselves the Legion of Boom and DBU
Old 01-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #1173
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

nice
Old 01-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #1174
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114054578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I like the sound of this.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:00 PM   #1175
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
I like the sound of this.
fwiw... Tramel Terry, et al, uses the same tag.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:09 PM   #1176
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot materialcockybreeyan is USC mascot material

I think this one is over. He didn't look to be enjoying himself that much. That sucks - Green was very important, IMO the most important DB that was on our board that we realistically had a chance with
Old 01-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #1177
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

I feel pretty confident we are landing Green.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #1178
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
legion of boom is what the seahawks secondary calls themselves. tons of high school secondaries use the legion of boom moniker because they look up to the way the seahawks players play
Old 01-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #1179
ramcock
Recruit

Male

ramcock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I think this one is over. He didn't look to be enjoying himself that much. That sucks - Green was very important, IMO the most important DB that was on our board that we realistically had a chance with
Nice try dude, we lead for green. Why don't you just sit this one out.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #1180
poppabeary3
Blue Chip

Male

poppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I think its over too, lol...GAMECOCK
Closed Thread