CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingofnerf
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
Gamecocks1137
Sandstorm29
Absfract
MWard
SwampFox
TKE226
WeStillOwnUSC
Wilds & Carson B (2357)
Marquavius Lewis (2019)
So, why is next year (1927)
How Long Will The Re (1270)
Restaurant musts in (963)
Why do so many of yo (761)
Shot in the arm for (698)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (642)
Custom Jersey (279)
Abu Bowl Ready (188)
So, why is next year goin
Why do so many of you guy
2015 - Mark Fields
Marquavius Lewis
The Vent and Coaching cha
Custom Jersey
UF lets Durkin go
2015 Commitment - Dante S
5 Gourmet Foods That Used
2015 Signee - Ulric Jones

Old 01-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #141
conwaycock2
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Eric Hyman Saved South Carolina and Made it Great

I don't think the 1-10 and 0-11 seasons were largely attributable to the AD status.

You don't? Well who the hell hired him & let him stay 6 yrs? Now that the goal post have moved yet again I assume we'll not hear the name Darin Horn again since that would be hypocritical.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #142
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
I don't think the 1-10 and 0-11 seasons were largely attributable to the AD status.

You don't? Well who the hell hired him & let him stay 6 yrs? Now that the goal post have moved yet again I assume we'll not hear the name Darin Horn again since that would be hypocritical.
LOL. I guess we will just have to agree that you are a Hyman lover and I am a Hyman hater.

I hope we both agree that we came out way ahead because we now have the best damn AD in the nation in Ray Tanner.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #143
conwaycock2
Starter

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

It is a convenient timing that Hyman came in after Lou started us back on the path to being a solid program, and Dr. McGee hired SOS to take us to the promised land.

Lou was 16-19 his last 3 yrs here. You may be the only person on the planet who thinks that's on path to being a solid program. He was actually going backwards.

As for being a Hyman lover, I said earlier that his personality did not match with mine. Here's the difference between you & me, I can separate my personal interaction and/or feelings about a person from their job performance.
You are a hater, on that we can agree. Dr McGee never turned it around in the 12 yrs he was here even after hiring a HOF coach. Yet you want people to believe this time would have been different if only he had stayed. Pure speculation, nothing more, nothing less. 60-76-1 is there forever & that is not speculation and no amount of spin will change that.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:39 PM   #144
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
It is a convenient timing that Hyman came in after Lou started us back on the path to being a solid program, and Dr. McGee hired SOS to take us to the promised land.

Lou was 16-19 his last 3 yrs here. You may be the only person on the planet who thinks that's on path to being a solid program. He was actually going backwards.

As for being a Hyman lover, I said earlier that his personality did not match with mine. Here's the difference between you & me, I can separate my personal interaction and/or feelings about a person from their job performance.
You are a hater, on that we can agree. Dr McGee never turned it around in the 12 yrs he was here even after hiring a HOF coach. Yet you want people to believe this time would have been different if only he had stayed. Pure speculation, nothing more, nothing less. 60-76-1 is there forever & that is not speculation and no amount of spin will change that.
Hyman can account for raising the funds to build our new facilities. That is about it. Name one other thing he did during his tenure here that makes him the guy who put us on the right path.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:23 PM   #145
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Hyman can account for raising the funds to build our new facilities. That is about it. Name one other thing he did during his tenure here that makes him the guy who put us on the right path.
Isn't acquiring and figuring out what to do with all of that money like 75% of an AD's job?

He hired Frank Martin and Dawn Staley. Staley was obviously a great hire. Jury is out on Frank for now, but I all of us were overjoyed with it on paper when it happened so difficult to say he didn't get us what at least looked like the best guy we could get.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:36 PM   #146
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Incidentally, if you would like to see an example of what a good AD you need look no further than what Ray did with Spurrier's new contract. The idea that we could have Spurrier fund raising for us after he retires is a huge coup. The Florida AD just took a kick in the gut by Ray. Do you seriously believe that Spurrier would have signed such an agreement with a dickhead like Hyman?
You think Spurrier wouldn't have signed a completely non-committal agreement that gave him the option to do some super easy advisory work (that will probably still pay a half mill or something) after he retires if he feels like it when that time comes. It's not like he inked a deal committing him to the dept for an extra 5 years after retirement or something. I'm not trying to say that Ray didn't do a good job getting in writing and giving Spurrier a good option to stay, but it's difficult to imagine that Hyman couldn't have gotten Spurrier to sign something that gave him nothing to lose.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:36 PM   #147
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
Isn't acquiring and figuring out what to do with all of that money like 75% of an AD's job?

He hired Frank Martin and Dawn Staley. Staley was obviously a great hire. Jury is out on Frank for now, but I all of us were overjoyed with it on paper when it happened so difficult to say he didn't get us what at least looked like the best guy we could get.
Yes you are right, but hiring is another. Maybe it just me, I see the Staley hire, and I say genius. Then I see Darin Horn and I think, what in the hell where you thinking?
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:52 AM   #148
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
You think Spurrier wouldn't have signed a completely non-committal agreement that gave him the option to do some super easy advisory work (that will probably still pay a half mill or something) after he retires if he feels like it when that time comes. It's not like he inked a deal committing him to the dept for an extra 5 years after retirement or something. I'm not trying to say that Ray didn't do a good job getting in writing and giving Spurrier a good option to stay, but it's difficult to imagine that Hyman couldn't have gotten Spurrier to sign something that gave him nothing to lose.
No, I don't. I have the impression Spurrier never liked Hyman. He tolerated him because he was the AD. I believe Spurrier and Tanner are very compatible. Spurrier and Ray worked out a deal that is very beneficial to helping Ray raise funds for a long time into the future. I believe a major factor in why Spurrier signed this recent deal is because of the respect, admiration, and friendship he has for Ray. Notice, I am not really bashing Hyman as much as praising Ray Tanner.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #149
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
I have the impression Spurrier never liked Hyman.
.....I have the impression you post lots of things that aren't true.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #150
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Yes you are right, but hiring is another. Maybe it just me, I see the Staley hire, and I say genius. Then I see Darin Horn and I think, what in the hell where you thinking?
Actually Buster didn't have anything to do with Staley's hire. It was done back channel by her representative, a friend of her mother, and a member of the BOT. It was then sprung on Buster and he was told to sign the papers. Of course he would like to take credit for that just as he and his pillow biters want you to think that somehow the financial windfall from the SEC was due to his efforts. Yet like the SOS hire that all the baby of Mike McGee.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #151
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
.....I have the impression you post lots of things that aren't true.
The main things that gave me the impression were Spurrier's disappointment related to the Hyman Compliance Department's incompetence that led to Spurrier's only career NCAA violation. Spurrier initally stated that the Whitney had been approved by the CD as legal under NCAA regulations. Now I understand how ambiguous and internally conflicting are those same regulations. It is not easy to make sure you are right. However, if there is a question, it is best to avoid any boderline judgment calls. The CD did not do so.

When it was disclosed to Spurrier, "Oops, we might have made a mistake," by
Hyman's people, Spurrier was extremely ticked off. Later, he was still bitter when he had to travel out to the west coast to be interrogated by the NCAA investigator. None of that should have happened if Hyman's Department had done its job.

The second thing was how Spurrier remained completely silent in the end of the Garcia disiplinary period. All of it was controlled directly by Hyman, including the mandatory meetings between Hyman, Garcia, and a pscyhiatrist hired by Hyman to help Garcia. In the end, when Hyman decided to kick Garcia off the team, Spurrier staged his first big MORON confrontation, partially distracting the media from Garcia's dismissal. It may not have been in reaction to Hyman, but the timing and the problems it caused Hyman because he had to intercede on behalf of MORON and force Spurrier to allow him back into the press conference room, seem oddly conincidental.

Now, none of that is Spurrier saying, "I don't like Hyman." That is why I simply say, it is my personal impression. Whether it is true or not neither of us will ever know unless Hyman admits it or Spurrier says it. Neither of those is likely to happen. It will probably remain a mystery.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #152
highstick
4-Star

Male

highstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurshighstick has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurrierismyhomeboy View Post
Hey, he approved Carolina Girls before the fourth quarter. That monster is capable of anything!

I'll bet he invented the "Wave" too!
highstick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:59 PM   #153
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstick View Post
I'll bet he invented the "Wave" too!
If he did I'll jump on the hate bandwagon. The "wave" is the stupidest thing in all of sports.
Dizzy01 is online now   Reply With Quote