CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
KaneisAble
doubledribble
PageUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks1137
Jmansour333
thumpin big
b381l
TheUSCMike
kingofnerf
Busta out indefinite (1905)
SOS says his next st (1632)
Our Road Upset Wins (1506)
CBSSports SEC predic (780)
No easy road for our (638)
Our Defense? (556)
Roll call for Auburn (552)
University of Buffal (497)
Michael Sams done in (360)
Party like it's 1903 (280)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
SEC Football Legend: Shel
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
MMA: Holeve (Down Syndrom
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
2015 Commitment - Davon D
Why is everyone anticipat
Holiday desserts
To ANYONE complaining abo

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 08:38 PM   #721
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Bryson Allen-Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Would you turn down a free trip to LA? I wouldn't. Would you turn down a free trip to Bama so see their place compared to SC's? I wouldn't. Yea the coaches are going to stay on him because that's their job. He loves SC. Why else would he be so over the top Gamecock publicly? Its a process that he'll never get to do again in his life so why not take full advantage of it? I would, so would a lot of other people.
I probably would, but I wouldn't commit to the school if I wasn't committed. To me, committed means I'm done with recruiting, this is where I'm going.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #722
cockthehammer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by usctiburon03 View Post
I probably would, but I wouldn't commit to the school if I wasn't committed. To me, committed means I'm done with recruiting, this is where I'm going.
That's what it means to me too, but that's because I'm 49. It wasn't true for me when I was 18 and had never been more than 300 miles from home.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #723
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

BAW is as solid a to the Gamecocks as a DIAMOND. He's a DIAMOND Cock, nobody, no school, no recruiter, no nothing is going to change that.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 01-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #724
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Every single thing I have heard and read about this kid leads to one word. "Leader"

Seems like the kind who will end up being a team captain for the Gamecocks. Don't mean to get too carried away but all the signs are there.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:59 PM   #725
sgacock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

The kids are out having the time of their lives

While everybody here is stressing out $ losing thief minds

Relax Dudes
Old 01-18-2014, 12:26 AM   #726
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Very doubtful BAW goes anywhere but USC. Fairly confident of that but the general idea of committed recruits visiting other schools is often looked at thru rose colored glasses. The very same people that say don't worry about player X taking a visit to another school, he's solid blah, blah, blah are often the same ones giddy about a player committed elsewhere visiting here & the possibilities of turning him.

If it is a good thing when players that are committed to other schools plan a visit to USC then surely it can't also be a good thing when our commitments take visits somewhere else unless you're a crazy person.

The fact that insiders tell you there is nothing to worry about is sometimes whistling past the graveyard too. Langley visited UGA multiple times while insiders insisted was nothing of concern. We know how that turned out. I've learned that watching what a recruit does is much more important than what he says.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:03 AM   #727
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
you and I think alike and we're in the minority....
Old 01-18-2014, 02:03 AM   #728
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I like how there's now less than 3 weeks left until NSD, and all these recruiters for other programs are just now after BAW recruiting him heavily, when Coach Ward offered BAW before his Jr. season began. Says a lot about our coach's abilities to evaluate talent, and now while BAW's online ratings are blowing up, we've known all along what a talent he is. I hope Bryson realizes that, and I'm sure he does....
Old 01-18-2014, 07:21 AM   #729
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 726
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

The only school that would've had a chance with BAW would be UCLA but he doesn't want to be that far away from home

Last edited by Ahmad; 01-18-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:12 PM   #730
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

BAW's mom put out a statement emphatically proclaiming BAW is all Gamecock and visiting Bama/UGA will not change that. He loved his USC visit.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:03 PM   #731
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Now she is getting drilled on twitter by every fan base. Hopefully Gamecock fans aren't this way to recruits and parents.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #732
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
BAW's mom put out a statement emphatically proclaiming BAW is all Gamecock and visiting Bama/UGA will not change that. He loved his USC visit.

Not to nit pick, but the AJC said she issues a statement. She said she answered a question from a reporter that called.

But, none the less, UGA fans showing their ass. (shocking)
Old 01-19-2014, 05:16 PM   #733
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Not to nit pick, but the AJC said she issues a statement. She said she answered a question from a reporter that called.

But, none the less, UGA fans showing their ass. (shocking)
http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/...ues-statement/
Old 01-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #734
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

UGA fan harassing her...

JT ‏@jst_70 1h
@sportsmommy74 yeah, you are a villain for mentioning other kids in your dumb ass "press release"...you love reading your name in paper
Old 01-19-2014, 05:33 PM   #735
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

WOW She threw bombs!

"This isn't a Brendan Langley. This isn't a Matt Rolin .." ...
Old 01-19-2014, 05:45 PM   #736
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
It's just a product of the system because on one hand you still may not be sure and ready to commit and on the other hand you like the school,and don't want to "miss the boat" and the school takes your offer away because you weren't ready. The guys have until NSD to sign a LOI but the schools aren't holding your spot until then. Unless you are also going to make offers irrevocable until signing day, I don't see why the guys should not also have an opportunity to keep shopping.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:56 PM   #737
Tailfeathers
Starter

BAW Tweet...

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 1978
Size:  141.9 KB
Old 01-19-2014, 06:07 PM   #738
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

BAW got a grey jersey... that's pretty slick
Old 01-19-2014, 06:10 PM   #739
Tailfeathers
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
WOW She threw bombs!

"This isn't a Brendan Langley. This isn't a Matt Rolin .." ...

BRENDAN LANGLEY. ‏@KingLang4 5m
@sportsmommy74 dont pay these fans any mind
Reply Retweet Favorite More Collapse
1:41 PM - 19 Jan 2014 · Details
Old 01-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #740
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

BRENDAN LANGLEY.@KingLang410m
@sportsmommy74 ms darnisha, saw ur comments made in the ajc. I think its funny ppl take it the wrong way. Lol much respect from me to u