CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
cockybusiness2
pitchcock
LeeSC
SCohioBoy
gadeneer1986
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Waldrop doubtful for (1340)
We Have A New KO Guy (1179)
Best position coach (1157)
If we loose to Kensu (1054)
The New Idea That'll (955)
I'm over the loss, b (575)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (361)
So What? (340)
Women's BB "Big (227)
Land For Sale (204)
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
Why not Nosovich @ TE?
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
Dylan Thompson looks brok
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
We Have A New KO Guy
If we loose to Kensucky..
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
QB Recruiting Strategy

Old 01-13-2014, 09:58 PM   #81
BlackMagic84
Esquire

Male

CockyCash: 500
BlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spursBlackMagic84 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Key Players next season..

Key Players next year.......

That's what I understand when I read the title of this thread.....not who's next year's best new comer or unknown....

So with that said, here's next years Key Players for me.....(by position)

QB - Thompson/Nosovitch: SOS has gotten used to using the feet of a mobile QB. Dylan provides little, but Nosovitch can run with what I've seen in scrimmage and mop up duty against Arky this year. Both will get time next year.
RB - Davis, Davis, Davis.......look for David Williams to get involved a good bit more. If Wilds can stay healthy he has a good shot too, but this kid has to stay healthy......I've never seen an elbow keep someone out 7 games before???
WR - Scratching my head here.........Shaq Roland is a definite #1.....but who next? A little pitching around to D Byrd and N Jones maybe? Maybe a new guy? I'm not sold on Shamier.......don't think I ever will be. Pharoh could get more here at WR too.
TE - Get these guys back more involved! Geesh! Anderson and Adams have huge potential......get them the damn ball more, period!
OL - Replace Ronald Patrick and F.I.D.O........no problem here. SOLID.

DL - "ABU" - "LAMIN". It is KEY he comes in and is ready, that is why they went after him. But between Dukes, Griffin, Surratt and Big Dixon, there is enough talent and depth in the middle. On the ends, I want to see English gain some weight.....he cannot play like he is now. Plus I want to see if Jhaustin Thomas is ready, already had a redshirt year and is coming in at 6'-6" 255. That is what Clowney weighted his freshman year.

LB - No change here, they were young last year, now they are experienced and we know they can play.....Golightly, Moore, Lewis......we may have the best LBs in going into next year in the SEC.

D-Backs.....Pray.......just Pray......I'm leaving this one to Whammy. Nope, I ain't touching it with a ten foot pole.

K/P - Same.

H - Pat Fish still makes the funniest vine videos I've ever seen in my life.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:01 PM   #82
Cocky Doodle
Gamecock 4 Life

Male

CockyCash: 125833
Cocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his combCocky Doodle is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Too many to name them all.

I am worried about cornerback. Guess we will see. I was surprised that Brison Williams was our second option at nickel back behind Rico for the bowl game. We are thin. Recruiting may be the only prescription here.
I am worried about corner as well. With Jeffrey not stepping up at WR - I wonder if the coaches would consider moving him to corner? What about Pharoh at Corner - think he would be deadly as a db.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:41 PM   #83
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Again, Cooper really struggled at Corner. He is not moving back.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:45 PM   #84
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Again, Cooper really struggled at Corner. He is not moving back.
Funny how people are continuing to ignore this. Spurrier basically said if he's not going to be used on defense, let me have on offense. No matter how much our fans want Cooper back at CB, it's not happening.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:56 PM   #85
unccgamecock
Recruit

Male

unccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Why would they want Coop on defense? He's going to be huge offensively for the next couple of years. Gonna be our Randall Cobb
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #86
AmonRa777
Recruit

Male

AmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his combAmonRa777 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcclane View Post
i think i disagree.. not sure, though. i don't trust DT.

If we run the ball consistently well, Dillon will be a great QB...He reads his progressions and throws the ball downfield better than Shaw...But he lacks Shaws athletic ability to improvise when things break down....Also Conner Shaw was exceptionally efficient as a QB...He could produce those 6 min 4rth quarter 6 min drives that demoralized opponents...

Yes we will different at QB...But that doesn't mean we wont be greta offensively
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:29 PM   #87
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Cooper is going to be a go-to receiver for us next year.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #88
GamecockSuperFan
"and so forth"

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Last year I said Jerrell Adams would be a key player. I'm not sure what we did differently exactly, but the TE's didn't get many balls thrown their way this year.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #89
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
Last year I said Jerrell Adams would be a key player. I'm not sure what we did differently exactly, but the TE's didn't get many balls thrown their way this year.
No they did not. Busta had a couple of drops on key plays, so maybe that decreased his targets, but I think it has more to do with how great our WR's played this year. Bruce was clutch when we needed him to be, and just about every WR was able to run great routes and get open. Shaq Roland definitely came into his own during the month of November too. Look for Nick Jones to get a lot of targets next year because he has fantastic chemistry with Dylan.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:19 PM   #90
CockFighter
yeah boy

Male

CockFighter is learning to peckCockFighter is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock View Post
I feel like everyone overlooks Wilds no matter what he does.

Yes, he has suffered some pretty tough injuries, but the dude is a beast on the field.

Please don't crucify him for the fumble in the bowl game unless you are going to be equally critical of Mike Davis. I don't think either one is going to have problems holding onto the ball in 2014.

These two guys could absolutely KILL defenses if they had some lanes to run in.

This year, Sean Elliot has got to get some lanes opened up for our run game.

Yes, Williams will be exciting to watch some day, but I am telling you that all we need is a combo of Davis and Wilds if they have lanes. Period.
Williams is the second best back on the team. Wilds will get a lot of PT because he is a veteran but if Davis is unable to play and we need a play maker it will be Williams in the game.
CockFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #91
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagic84 View Post
Key Players next year.......

That's what I understand when I read the title of this thread.....not who's next year's best new comer or unknown....

So with that said, here's next years Key Players for me.....(by position)

QB - Thompson/Nosovitch: SOS has gotten used to using the feet of a mobile QB. Dylan provides little, but Nosovitch can run with what I've seen in scrimmage and mop up duty against Arky this year. Both will get time next year.
RB - Davis, Davis, Davis.......look for David Williams to get involved a good bit more. If Wilds can stay healthy he has a good shot too, but this kid has to stay healthy......I've never seen an elbow keep someone out 7 games before???
WR - Scratching my head here.........Shaq Roland is a definite #1.....but who next? A little pitching around to D Byrd and N Jones maybe? Maybe a new guy? I'm not sold on Shamier.......don't think I ever will be. Pharoh could get more here at WR too.
TE - Get these guys back more involved! Geesh! Anderson and Adams have huge potential......get them the damn ball more, period!
OL - Replace Ronald Patrick and F.I.D.O........no problem here. SOLID.

DL - "ABU" - "LAMIN". It is KEY he comes in and is ready, that is why they went after him. But between Dukes, Griffin, Surratt and Big Dixon, there is enough talent and depth in the middle. On the ends, I want to see English gain some weight.....he cannot play like he is now. Plus I want to see if Jhaustin Thomas is ready, already had a redshirt year and is coming in at 6'-6" 255. That is what Clowney weighted his freshman year.

LB - No change here, they were young last year, now they are experienced and we know they can play.....Golightly, Moore, Lewis......we may have the best LBs in going into next year in the SEC.

D-Backs.....Pray.......just Pray......I'm leaving this one to Whammy. Nope, I ain't touching it with a ten foot pole.

K/P - Same.

H - Pat Fish still makes the funniest vine videos I've ever seen in my life.
Why do fans continually forget we recruited a pocket passing QB, who has been playing with the first and second team this year when Noso has not.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #92
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Why do fans continually forget we recruited a pocket passing QB, who has been playing with the first and second team this year when Noso has not.
For the same reason they continually forget that Spurrier has publicly stated four times - most recently in his radio show THIS week - that Thompson will be the starter and the battle is for the back-up position. Do they think Spurrier is lying or playing some sort of game? Would he play that game with a player who has given him no trouble and 3 important wins? We wouldn't be ranked #4 now if Thompson hadn't won at UCF.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:01 PM   #93
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
For the same reason they continually forget that Spurrier has publicly stated four times - most recently in his radio show THIS week - that Thompson will be the starter and the battle is for the back-up position. Do they think Spurrier is lying or playing some sort of game? Would he play that game with a player who has given him no trouble and 3 important wins? We wouldn't be ranked #4 now if Thompson hadn't won at UCF.
I agree, and I was not talking about number 1, but 2.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:01 AM   #94
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I agree, and I was not talking about number 1, but 2.
I understood that we agreed, and I knew you were saying the battle was for number 2. If I didn't state it well, I apologize.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote