CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
thekob
Lonnie
COCKYTALKIN
garnet_black215
Master Bedroom
Captain9Dragons
ertman420
Gamecocks1137
CockyRyan
Clemson Recruiting.. (4444)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1803)
Hello Gamecocks! (717)
Marching band (654)
John Rocker at rock (644)
Section 16 (300)
Muschamp + fan = win (297)
Does anyone know how (231)
Good Article on Aubu (219)
SEC Recruiting Advan (217)
2015 - Christian Pellage
NCAA Concussion Settlemen
Clemson Recruiting...how
An Aggies View of the Mat
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
2016 - Bryan Edwards
John Rocker at rock botto
My predictions for 2014
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
Marching band

Old 01-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #21
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material
Default Re: USC is trying very hard to get people in CLA Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Hate to Mr. Buzzkillington, but I don't think you can actually do that within NCAA rules. Or is that just at Football games?
Fans can chant whatever they want to.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #22
boowilliam4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
We need to be chanting PRINCE and Green!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:21 PM   #23
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

So as a recent grad can I still just flash a Carolina card and get in or do I have to have it scanned?
Old 01-17-2014, 07:23 PM   #24
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
So as a recent grad can I still just flash a Carolina card and get in or do I have to have it scanned?
You usually(almost always) have to get it scanned

Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #25
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Dang. Guess I'm buying a nosebleed and sitting with the students.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #26
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

How much are tickets outside the game?
Old 01-17-2014, 08:08 PM   #27
RY4N
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Male

RY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
How much are tickets outside the game?
I'm also curious about this, as it will only be my third basketball game I've attended. Will I need to get tickets online tonight or will they be available at CLA? I'm not sure if it is supposed to be a sellout or not.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #28
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Thanks for the explanation that wasn't an actual explanation. I swore I read somewhere about that being a violation, if it isn't then please post where it says in the NCAA recruiting doctrine that it isn't. I would actually like to know the specifics. Is it that the school cannot lead the chant? Im curious.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:30 PM   #29
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RY4N View Post
I'm also curious about this, as it will only be my third basketball game I've attended. Will I need to get tickets online tonight or will they be available at CLA? I'm not sure if it is supposed to be a sellout or not.
CLA hasn't been sold out in a while. I also believe this is one reason why Coach Spurrier had the Wednesday edition of Carolina Calls, to promote this event.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Old 01-17-2014, 09:35 PM   #30
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation that wasn't an actual explanation. I swore I read somewhere about that being a violation, if it isn't then please post where it says in the NCAA recruiting doctrine that it isn't. I would actually like to know the specifics. Is it that the school cannot lead the chant? Im curious.
the school cannot plan a chant. however, fans can chant whatever the heck they want. its not different than tweeting at a recruit and saying "hey come to carolina"
Old 01-17-2014, 09:36 PM   #31
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly

Quote:
I'm fairly sure that the school just can't lead the chant, or flash his name on the screen or anything of that nature. There is absolutely no way to regulate what the fans of a school chant.
usctiburon03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #32
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usctiburon03 View Post
I'm fairly sure that the school just can't lead the chant, or flash his name on the screen or anything of that nature. There is absolutely no way to regulate what the fans of a school chant.
Ok thanks, that is all I wanted to know. In that case chant away!

Old 01-17-2014, 10:25 PM   #33
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

If this does happen, I hope people respect the basketball players and coaches and chant it at halftime.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #34
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowilliam4 View Post
We need to be chanting PRINCE and Green!
And Lammons and Wideman....all 4 will be there.....
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:58 PM   #35
Flips
Two Deep

Male

Flips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talonsFlips has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
Pretty sad.. usually these stunts are reserved for women's basketball games. We have to have the worst student section in the country. I see college basketball games all the time and everyone else seems more coordinated and packed OUT. There were times when I was a student we got LOUD and were packed but it was when great teams came to play: Kansas, Kentucky, Florida. We did have a lot of great student crowds under Horn though, in particular I remember the game where we beat UGA 78-77 (it was after the #1 UK win) - great atmospheres both games. It's just gotten so bad.
Oh yes, all those times that we've played Kansas at the Colonial Life Arena. Man, those were the days.
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:10 AM   #36
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips View Post
Oh yes, all those times that we've played Kansas at the Colonial Life Arena. Man, those were the days.
Well…we did play them here once.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:37 AM   #37
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24873509
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Well…we did play them here once.

I had to bow out from work because of a family friends father passing away....Keep it loud and proud with Mr. Carlton.

Gapo
Old 01-18-2014, 03:27 AM   #38
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GapoGamecock51 View Post
I had to bow out from work because of a family friends father passing away....Keep it loud and proud with Mr. Carlton.

Gapo
You can count on it!
Old 01-18-2014, 11:19 AM   #39
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
If this does happen, I hope people respect the basketball players and coaches and chant it at halftime.
Anything is worth a try at this point.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote