CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
The Yancey
peterlemon
18IsTheMan
bcolinc
zcoop
Spurticus
Kyle76
ccured
The Demise of the 3- (2449)
East Carolina Predic (1640)
Why didn't Wes Green (1345)
A&M on 3rd down (723)
You guys are horribl (640)
Finally Cooled Off (607)
louisville (547)
Did we ever go after (517)
It's the offenses no (452)
Watching the Georgia (270)
The Demise of the 3-4
Uniform thread
2015 - Amonte Caban
All of our defensive play
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
A&M on 3rd down
Finally Cooled Off
Recruiting Question
louisville
Watching the Georgia game

Old 01-15-2014, 01:56 PM   #261
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Seventh Woods (2016 Prospect)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
I am going to say if UNC or Duke was as bad as we have been this decade they wouldn't show. They just aren't bad
We don't have the established fan bases they do, but I think it would show it might take the end of these season but there would be some empty seats if they had a losing record.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:01 PM   #262
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
They've had some rough seasons, but fans keep going. It's all about tradition and loyalty. I remember Frank talking about that being a huge thing he wants to establish here. Big recruits just don't want to go to some school because it's in their state. There has to be a tradition that draws them there. Tradition doesn't necessarily start with winning games. Winning games is the icing on the cake though.

The LSU game was a great start. I hope it doesn't get anywhere near as bad as the last season under Horn, when Kentucky pretty much created a home game at CLA. You could count the Gamecock fans there one hand.
Not that many teams have that kind of tradition. The fans here don't care enough about basketball because they don't have any reason to. Success of the football and baseball programs has has taken over and occupying their attention. Winning comes before packed stadiums. The fans will only show up for a team they can believe in. Not enough believe in them right now. They have to see results BEFORE they will believe. Otherwise they are going to spend their nights and weekends doing something else they'd rather do.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:30 AM   #263
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

He is impressive, some of the air he gets on those dunks reminds me a lot of a guy named Michael Jordan.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #264
TwoNotch Dreams
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Not that many teams have that kind of tradition. The fans here don't care enough about basketball because they don't have any reason to. Success of the football and baseball programs has has taken over and occupying their attention. Winning comes before packed stadiums. The fans will only show up for a team they can believe in. Not enough believe in them right now. They have to see results BEFORE they will believe. Otherwise they are going to spend their nights and weekends doing something else they'd rather do.
That's kind of the problem. If they want to see results, they have to show up. Woods and Dozier want to see support from the fans right now, not when they sign. You can't convince big recruits to come to your school while sitting in an empty arena.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:28 PM   #265
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I sure hope we really pursue this guy. Or else UNC is going to take him away. He has all the makings of an All-Star NBA player. I just hope he isn't so good when he is a senior that he skips college all together and goes to the NBA. (Lebron James)
Old 01-18-2014, 10:36 PM   #266
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I sure hope we really pursue this guy. Or else UNC is going to take him away. He has all the makings of an All-Star NBA player. I just hope he isn't so good when he is a senior that he skips college all together and goes to the NBA. (Lebron James)
The NBA doesn't accept kids right out of high school any more; they have to play at least one year in college first or they can theoretically sit out or play overseas.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:36 PM   #267
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1700000
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
They changed the rules back in 2006. Now a player has to be 19 to enter the NBA draft.

Here's what the rule says: "All drafted players must be at least 19 years old during the calendar year of the draft. To determine whether a player is eligible for a given year's draft, subtract 19 from the year of the draft. If the player was born during or before that year, he is eligible."
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #268
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftertwobowls View Post
They changed the rules back in 2006. Now a player has to be 19 to enter the NBA draft.

Here's what the rule says: "All drafted players must be at least 19 years old during the calendar year of the draft. To determine whether a player is eligible for a given year's draft, subtract 19 from the year of the draft. If the player was born during or before that year, he is eligible."
Thanks, I had no idea they changed. There are so many rules now when it comes to recruiting for all sports, some of them sneak up on me.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:30 AM   #269
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous

Saw him play last night. He is fast, handles the ball well and and has a nice jumper. Legit player! Reminds me a bit of the Curry bros.
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:26 AM   #270
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 600
cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

Hearing a rumor that Woods is transferring to Oak Hill....anyone else hearing that?

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #271
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

Would be a great move for him... Thornwell and hopefully Woods... Would be nice to get a pipeline started at a premier hoops high school
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:14 PM   #272
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Runner View Post
Saw him play last night. He is fast, handles the ball well and and has a nice jumper. Legit player! Reminds me a bit of the Curry bros.
More like john wall to me, except better attitude.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:55 PM   #273
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

So any word lately on this kid? I know we are a long ways away from any kind of commitment, but any word on who he is favoring?
Old 05-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #274
cockthehammer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
So any word lately on this kid? I know we are a long ways away from any kind of commitment, but any word on who he is favoring?
Captain r u lurking? What say you sir?
cockthehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:08 PM   #275
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockthehammer View Post
Captain r u lurking? What say you sir?
Huh? haha It's a genuine question.. unless your referring to Captain Munnerlyn, I have no idea what your talking about. haha
Old 06-01-2014, 08:23 PM   #276
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

CockyCash: 500
AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

I've heard he's a UNC lean

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:42 PM   #277
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
Roy Williams runs the right kind of system for a guy like Seventh. Plus you can get into academic and legal trouble and keep playing. Not that Seventh would need it, he seems like a nice kid. I'd love to see him at Duke or Stanford, if not the Gamecocks.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:01 PM   #278
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsGuy View Post
That's no secret. He's been a UNC lean throughout his whole recruiting process thus far.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #279
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

IF we are going to start winning anything around here we have to stop letting these good ones in our backyard get taken from us so easily. Jeeze at least put up a fight.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:45 PM   #280
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 600
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
IF we are going to start winning anything around here we have to stop letting these good ones in our backyard get taken from us so easily. Jeeze at least put up a fight.
Agreed.

Although I'm surprised the recruit board nazi's haven't jumped all over you for saying this. They took a beating in a different thread so maybe they are laying low for a while
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote