CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Yearofthegamecock
ReadR00ster
TAFC 5 1981
WeStillOwnUSC
b381l
Sir Cuss
Gamecocks1137
kick_ball
SwampFox
eightohhthree
uniforms saturday (2416)
Auburn looks beatabl (2158)
Vandy Fans (1568)
Three young corners (760)
Watch ESPN3 regional (661)
King - South Carolin (651)
**official Vandy pre (651)
Cardinal's Jonathan (555)
No Vandy Predictions (343)
tailgating canopy on (328)
Next years RB situation
Gamecocks Traveling to Au
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
2015 Commitment - Davon D
2015 Greyshirt - Darin Sm
2015 - Roquan Smith
In light of our matchup w
Three young corners progr
The SEC East schedule fro
Good crowd for volleyball

Old 01-18-2014, 10:04 PM   #181
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit
Default Re: **USC vs. Ole Miss GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitandswitch View Post
What the flip was the ref looking at with 4.8 seconds left and brenton calling a timeout???????
It certainly looked like he was calling timeout to me . Have no idea why it wasn't granted .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:17 PM   #182
g&bfan
Recruit

Male

g&bfan has earned his spursg&bfan has earned his spursg&bfan has earned his spursg&bfan has earned his spursg&bfan has earned his spursg&bfan has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Seriously....gtfo

Haha. Do you really disagree? Every other student section will stand up and create an advantage
g&bfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:14 PM   #183
GamecockDad1531
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot materialGamecockDad1531 is USC mascot material

This was the 2nd game I've watched this season. I have a couple thoughts.

This team is competing, but you see that it's a team made up of freshmen. All these things you guys point out can be traced back to one thing: the mental toughness that comes from playing numerous games at a Div 1 level. They have to LEARN from this game. Notice has to learn that each and every play, each moment can be the difference btw winning and losing. Don't spike that ball and who knows what happens. Each turnover, each foul could have been the difference.

They also have to understand how important free throws are. They are FREE!!! Free, uncontested points. When you miss 12 of them and lose by one, this is something you have to fix immediately! It's the first and easiest way to steal a couple games in the course of a season.

They'll get there, but it's gonna take another season. I doubt it will happen this year.
GamecockDad1531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:22 PM   #184
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

SouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitandswitch View Post
What the flip was the ref looking at with 4.8 seconds left and brenton calling a timeout???????
I Could Not and Cannot Understand Why a Timeout was Not Granted! Someone pleaaaaaasse explain. Wtf
SouthCGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:29 PM   #185
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Just got back home after attending the game, tough one to watch in person. Bad decisions, bad execution, could not buy a free throw. Ole Miss was decent but completely beatable, but we were just erratic. We were forcing shots and missing layups, and looked LOST to start the second half. Maybe the guys were stung by the thunderous roars for the football team.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:38 PM   #186
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by g&bfan View Post
Haha. Do you really disagree? Every other student section will stand up and create an advantage
Yes I do disagree

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:41 PM   #187
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 5399400
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockDad1531 View Post

They also have to understand how important free throws are. They are FREE!!! Free, uncontested points. When you miss 12 of them and lose by one, this is something you have to fix immediately! It's the first and easiest way to steal a couple games in the course of a season.

They'll get there, but it's gonna take another season. I doubt it will happen this year.
But bad FT shooting is the Gamecock way..
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:50 PM   #188
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftertwobowls View Post
But bad FT shooting is the Gamecock way..
Frank Martin would disagree, and he would, with an F Bomb or two. Haha

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:53 PM   #189
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockDad1531 View Post
This was the 2nd game I've watched this season. I have a couple thoughts.

This team is competing, but you see that it's a team made up of freshmen. All these things you guys point out can be traced back to one thing: the mental toughness that comes from playing numerous games at a Div 1 level. They have to LEARN from this game. Notice has to learn that each and every play, each moment can be the difference btw winning and losing. Don't spike that ball and who knows what happens. Each turnover, each foul could have been the difference.

Good thoughts. I agree. I am always pi$$ed off when we miss more than enough FT to have won the game. Lost by 1 and missed 12 FT!!!!!!! This team has very little margin for error. Like you said, each mistake can be the difference in winning or losing.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:17 AM   #190
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Frank Martin would disagree, and he would, with an F Bomb or two. Haha
Can you imagine how many free throws they will shoot in practice tomorrow, other than Brenton Williams?
Old 01-19-2014, 12:29 AM   #191
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Can you imagine how many free throws they will shoot in practice tomorrow, other than Brenton Williams?
Yeah, I mentioned earlier that Frank should put them to work on free throw drills until their arms go limp. After listening to his press conference, he may actually do that. Sorry guys, but you will thank us later.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:18 AM   #192
ds401
4-Star

Female

ds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot materialds401 is USC mascot material

Since there are no classes on Monday, they have ALL day to practice FT's, defending without fouling. Sindarious was great. It is obvious that they want to win, BUT missing that many FT is inexcusable.
ds401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:32 AM   #193
carolinacocky
Recruit

Male

carolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudlycarolinacocky is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCGC View Post
I Could Not and Cannot Understand Why a Timeout was Not Granted! Someone pleaaaaaasse explain. Wtf
I was sitting 18 rows up in the Coke Zero section and I saw Brenton signaling for a timeout worth @ 5.4 seconds (20/40 vision and I wasn't wearing my glasses)
carolinacocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:07 AM   #194
dffoxfanatic71
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1450
dffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by g&bfan View Post
Not sure if it has been discussed but our student section is pathetic. Nice of them to show up today but can you really not stand up the whole game like every other student section in the country
As someone who did stand the whole game alonh with many other students, I ask you, did you stand? Today was a huge step for the fans aand students in showing support for our team. That's the most gamecock fans I've seen in that arena since devan downey played for us. No we don't have the best student section but there's a loyal bunch in there. Were still in the process of creating a culture just like our basketball team is. Dont criticize us until the rest of columbia shows up consistently
Old 01-22-2014, 01:44 PM   #195
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

SouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacocky View Post
I was sitting 18 rows up in the Coke Zero section and I saw Brenton signaling for a timeout worth @ 5.4 seconds (20/40 vision and I wasn't wearing my glasses)
What say you, Frank Martin? You know Spurrier would say something if it happened to his team.

maybe you have to say, "timeout" instead of just the hand signal

OOOOO i just watched the post game, Frank seems to think "we got the timeout" (idiot)

Last edited by SouthCGC; 01-22-2014 at 01:55 PM.
SouthCGC is offline   Reply With Quote