CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
NAGamecockFan
b381l
kingofnerf
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
robgusc76
NinjaSven
Gamecockswag
TAFC 5 1981
Freshman ND WR " (809)
Call of Duty: Advanc (512)
Good Riddance to bad (445)
Keeping tailgate foo (307)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (281)
An A to Z of Noah We (197)
The Comeback & T (196)
Bashing Players, coa (190)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (89)
Wallpaper & Back (77)
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
SEC Debate: Best candidat
2015 Commitment - Sherrod

Old 01-19-2014, 12:39 AM   #341
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his comb
Default Re: 2014 - Dexter Wideman - Florida State

Not Gerald Dixon. I think he means D Johnson and G. Turner
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #342
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamyke View Post
Not Gerald Dixon. I think he means D Johnson and G. Turner
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:32 PM   #343
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Given where we are at DE I think there it is very likely that at least one, if not both Turner & Johnson, will be in the rotation at DE. I would assume Washington is a little behind those two right now due to his concussion issues. I heard a couple of USC coaches at a function I attended talk about David Johnson & they were very high on him coming out of high school. Hopefully that's still the case.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:40 PM   #344
Tailfeathers
Starter

CockyCash: 200
Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Given where we are at DE I think there it is very likely that at least one, if not both Turner & Johnson, will be in the rotation at DE. I would assume Washington is a little behind those two right now due to his concussion issues. I heard a couple of USC coaches at a function I attended talk about David Johnson & they were very high on him coming out of high school. Hopefully that's still the case.
We could very well look like this at DE...

Washington
English
Dixon
Caldwell
Sawyer
Thomas
Johnson
Harris
Wideman

If the last two don't make it for whatever reason we should be alright. We need Caldwell, Sawyer, and Thomas to make it. Wideman cherry on top.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:54 PM   #345
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
We could very well look like this at DE...

Washington
English
Dixon
Caldwell
Sawyer
Thomas
Johnson
Harris
Wideman

If the last two don't make it for whatever reason we should be alright. We need Caldwell, Sawyer, and Thomas to make it. Wideman cherry on top.
I feel like Caldwell is just as unlikely to make it in as Wideman.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #346
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

I really think we get this kid.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:45 PM   #347
clemsux614
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
clemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his combclemsux614 is developing his comb

It seems like he really enjoyed his visit this weekend. Chris Clark of Rivals really seemed like he was going to be a gamecock. Prince wouldn't answer how firm his commitment was to FSU. Which I think that is a good thing for the cocks. I really do think we are going to get this kid in the end. His visit couldn't have went any better! Go Cocks!
clemsux614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:54 PM   #348
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9450
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

He's always well spoken in his interviews. So I'm not sure why there are still the qualifying issues. Anyway, I'm really glad he enjoyed his visit
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:26 PM   #349
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
He's always well spoken in his interviews. So I'm not sure why there are still the qualifying issues. Anyway, I'm really glad he enjoyed his visit
Being articulate doesn't really mean you're good in the classroom. It doesn't really mean anything at all... minus being articulate.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #350
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9450
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
Being articulate doesn't really mean you're good in the classroom. It doesn't really mean anything at all... minus being articulate.
Thanks. But they aren't completely unrelated and it's safe to use deductive reasoning when analyzing his situation. Sure there are lots of reasons as to why he might not do well in the classroom but instead of going through all of them I'll just use the interviews I was referring to in order to draw a fair comparison. You may not agree, which you often don't, but that's not to say the two are completely apples to oranges; as you portray things to be in order to satisfy your bitchy little posts
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:02 PM   #351
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I also think it's good when a kid doesn't want to do a detailed interview after a visit......he doesn't want to have to lie to a question. If he doesn't flip to us, then almost every person with inside access to his decision making will have been wrong.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:11 PM   #352
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

We've almost all read what the pay sites have said however, I would not be so quick to count this kid as part of this class.

It wasn't long ago that we had a big lead for him and he was just going on a little trip to check out FSU. He came back from there committed.

With FSU having the last visit and the last chance to make a final pitch to him, this one is not over.
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #353
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

It's really never over until they sign the dotted line.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #354
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
We've almost all read what the pay sites have said however, I would not be so quick to count this kid as part of this class.

It wasn't long ago that we had a big lead for him and he was just going on a little trip to check out FSU. He came back from there committed.

With FSU having the last visit and the last chance to make a final pitch to him, this one is not over.
Agreed, I don't think we get him actually.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #355
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I don't think he flips either.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:29 PM   #356
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

You guys could be right....but if you are, then he has not been truthful with what he has been telling our coaches.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:22 PM   #357
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
You guys could be right....but if you are, then he has not been truthful with what he has been telling our coaches.
What has he been telling them?
Old 01-19-2014, 11:05 PM   #358
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Just my opinion.... I don't think he qualifies. Doesn't count as a schollynumbers wise, and signs with us when he'S able
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:21 AM   #359
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
Just my opinion.... I don't think he qualifies. Doesn't count as a schollynumbers wise, and signs with us when he'S able
If he signs a LOI, he counts as one of our 22 whether he qualifies or not.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:25 AM   #360
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
What has he been telling them?
The analysts on the pay sites seem to all be very certain that he flips based on their comments....I don't think they would say that without a good source, and there is only one legitimate source for that kind of information.