CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
Lalli25
bigdog2003
Acockolypse Now
tigertime86
ertman420
JerseyBird
CoverTwo
Victor Hampton Arres (2051)
Diamond DeSheilds, U (927)
how has more ESPN an (739)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (546)
Gamecock Legacy recr (511)
Attendance next seas (424)
Honeymoon recommenda (269)
$15 home AC (236)
Women's bb - Deshiel (206)
22 ways to annoy peo (184)
How to cut the mustard
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
A'ja Wilson
Women's bb - Deshields to
boiled peanuts
Gamecock Legacy recruits/
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
purchasing football ticke

Old 10-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #361
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 Commitment - Shameik Blackshear

This thread needs cleaning up.

The rules in the PG forum are pretty clear but people are disregarding them all over the place.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #362
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin house View Post
  1. I dont care who thinks what but this is my thoughts. I read these kids twitter and keep up with what they are saying, is it weird? You may thinks so, i dont care. I think its kind of weird listening to a bunch of grown men talk out their rear end about a kid and not know what they are talking about to start with. I find it more accurate to hear from the recruit rather than rumblings of different peoples thoughts who havent a clue. People say these kids are young and their minds change like the wind but everyone jumps on a guy when some gamecock pics drop off his twitter page...... Its contradictory, these kids minds change like the wind but stupid things like pics coming off their page can tell a story, after all they are young kids. You can learn a lot more from these kids twitter page than you can from recruitinics that really dont know anything. No need to bash any posters for their thoughts or spelling abilities, its ridiculous. We're better than that, yall sound like the classic UGA fans.
LOL.

I think it's creepy to talk to random 16 year olds.. but I guess I'm old fashioned
Old 10-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #363
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
gin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spursgin house has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTrainNC8 View Post
LOL.

I think it's creepy to talk to random 16 year olds.. but I guess I'm old fashioned
Thats cool, thats your opinion. You dont find it strange that you come to this site almost daily to check on the status of that 16 year old kid or any potential commits and hash it over with a bunch of complete strangers? I really dont see the big deal. Is it creepy to talk to that kid or talk to others about him and what hes thinking? To each their own, i just rather have an idea where they stand. Not bragging by any means as it really sucks but i called the Key and Green decommit before anyone by looking at their twitter. Twitter is very telling.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #364
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
10/5/2013: Shameik Blackshear unofficially visits South Carolina Gamecocks
per 247 Timeline

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #365
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his comb

Any word on how his visit went?

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #366
Tailfeathers
Starter

CockyCash: 200
Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Paul Strelow has announced CLEM5ON isn't sweating this one. Not the player he's made out to be.

High five Paul!

Last edited by Tailfeathers; 01-19-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Tailfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #367
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post
Paul Strelow has announced CLEM5ON isn't sweating this one. Not the player he's made out to be.

High five Paul!
Translate? Clemson isn't a threat or what?
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:20 PM   #368
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailfeathers View Post

High five Paul!
LOL!!!!!!! Are they sweating the 5 times in a row we've beating them yet? Yeah, I don't have a lot of confidence in player evaluations coming out of Clemson.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #369
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
Translate? Clemson isn't a threat or what?
No. He is saying some Clemson recruiting guy doesn't think Blackshear is all that good. Probably because he is committed to us and not them. If he was commited to them he would say he is the next Julius Peppers and is going to be way better than Clowney.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:35 PM   #370
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Well i guess that takes clemsun out thr picture? Thank you paul
Old 01-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #371
conwaycock2
Blue Chip

Male

conwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudly

I haven't seen Blackshear play so I won't comment on that except to say I"ll trust our coaches above Clemson coaches & certainly above Strelow. I have seen Huggins & was not particularly impressed but I also have no idea how to properly evaluate high school talent. I've seen other guys in high school who absolutely did not stick out to me become pretty dang good at the next level. So I trust Huggins & Blackshear are good players.

As far as Strelow, he's a joke. I don't say that lightly but it's true imo. Why JC Shurbert & the guys at 24/7 hired this clown is beyond me. When he was a large part of the propaganda machine up in those hills, he would come on the local radio shows from time to time & update Clemson recruiting. If anyone ever heard the interviews they know what I'm talking about. It was just so far over-the-top it was comical. Every recruit they had committed was the best in the nation at his position, blah, blah, blah. Many of his can't miss guys turned out to be not just overrated but total busts. I seriously don't think he knows one bit more than me.....which is almost nothing.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:02 PM   #372
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Strewlow's comment about Clemson not being scared only means one thing... dey scared.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:38 PM   #373
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
I haven't seen Blackshear play so I won't comment on that except to say I"ll trust our coaches above Clemson coaches & certainly above Strelow. I have seen Huggins & was not particularly impressed but I also have no idea how to properly evaluate high school talent. I've seen other guys in high school who absolutely did not stick out to me become pretty dang good at the next level. So I trust Huggins & Blackshear are good players.

As far as Strelow, he's a joke. I don't say that lightly but it's true imo. Why JC Shurbert & the guys at 24/7 hired this clown is beyond me. When he was a large part of the propaganda machine up in those hills, he would come on the local radio shows from time to time & update Clemson recruiting. If anyone ever heard the interviews they know what I'm talking about. It was just so far over-the-top it was comical. Every recruit they had committed was the best in the nation at his position, blah, blah, blah. Many of his can't miss guys turned out to be not just overrated but total busts. I seriously don't think he knows one bit more than me.....which is almost nothing.
they didn't think DJ Smith was that good either....let's be honest here, they haven't gotten over the fact that Clowney turned them down and chose us. But that's their problem....they don't understand how anybody can not chose them.

I'm giving Dabo 5 Pinocchios on principal alone....and he deserves every one.

b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:29 PM   #374
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

This stretlow fellow is a dumbass. Glad we got this five star instead of them.
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:36 AM   #375
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Is this Stretlow guy popular or actually know anything, or is he just a talking head with a blog?
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:46 AM   #376
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Is this Stretlow guy popular or actually know anything, or is he just a talking head with a blog?
he used to work for 247sports, now he's with Tiger Illustrated on Rivals

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:05 AM   #377
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

If Blackshear had committed to Clemson, they would have said he was better than Clowney.

b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:55 AM   #378
paynemd2
Recruit

Male

paynemd2 has feathers coming inpaynemd2 has feathers coming inpaynemd2 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
If Blackshear had committed to Clemson, they would have said he was better than Clowney.

Some of them will actually argue that the DE they had this year that decided to stay is better than Clowney. I can't remember his name, but he was probably their best defensive player and he's no where near Clowney's level
paynemd2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #379
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

^You mean the guy that decided it was better for him not to go into the NFL? He was not projected to go higher than Clowney by anyone.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:13 AM   #380
paynemd2
Recruit

Male

paynemd2 has feathers coming inpaynemd2 has feathers coming inpaynemd2 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
^You mean the guy that decided it was better for him not to go into the NFL? He was not projected to go higher than Clowney by anyone.
Oh that was pointed out, but you see that's a fact and is a logical statement, so it was dismissed.
paynemd2 is online now   Reply With Quote