CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
GarnetSwarm1990
Sandstorm29
Spurticus
NinjaSven
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
donbgamecock
kingofnerf
So, why is next year (2633)
How Long Will The Re (1761)
Why do so many of yo (1277)
Restaurant musts in (1227)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (915)
Shot in the arm for (912)
Custom Jersey (517)
5 Gourmet Foods That (406)
Abu Bowl Ready (316)
looks like we have 2 (263)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
The Vent and Coaching cha
Shot in the arm for the D
Nosovitch/bowl/ question.
How Long Will The Rebuild
Why do so many of you guy
5 Gourmet Foods That Used

Old 01-20-2014, 12:33 AM   #1
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material
Default Is Sidney Rice . . .

Is Sidney Rice the only Gamecock with a shot at a superbowl ring this year? I can't think of another Gamecock on the Seahawks or (hopefully) the Bronco's that could get a ring?
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:36 AM   #2
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Is Sidney Rice . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
Is Sidney Rice the only Gamecock with a shot at a superbowl ring this year? I can't think of another Gamecock on the Seahawks or (hopefully) the Bronco's that could get a ring?
Akeem Auguste is with the Seahawks. Lemuel Jeanpeirre is also with the Seahawks.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:58 AM   #3
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

No Gamecock Broncos?
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:59 AM   #4
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Not that I know of.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:00 AM   #5
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Kenny McKinley was the last Gamecock Bronco that I know of. Sucks just thinking about all that.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:01 AM   #6
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Lem has played a lot for them over the past few years. He's a back-up for now.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:02 AM   #7
henmania
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
Kenny McKinley was the last Gamecock Bronco that I know of. Sucks just thinking about all that.
I think Andre Goodman was the last gamecock bronco.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:07 AM   #8
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
I think Andre Goodman was the last gamecock bronco.
You right.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:49 AM   #9
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I thought everyone was mad at him about his Sunday night football intro.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:50 AM   #10
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000995751
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Where is Sidney? I know he was injured early in the season, but how bad was it? Will he return for the Superbowl, or is he out until next year? I hope these injuries don't plague him into getting cut. I have hardly seen him play any football in the last 2 years.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:05 AM   #11
spurrierismyhomeboy
4-Star

CockyCash: 304
spurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spursspurrierismyhomeboy has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Where is Sidney? I know he was injured early in the season, but how bad was it? Will he return for the Superbowl, or is he out until next year? I hope these injuries don't plague him into getting cut. I have hardly seen him play any football in the last 2 years.
Out for the year, and probably has played his last game as a Seahawk. He still will get a Super Bowl ring if they win though. I'm sure the Panthers wouldn't mind having next to Steve Smith next year.

spurrierismyhomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #12
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Rice doesn't represent USC like he should.

Alshon is the man though..
Old 01-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #13
A. Pilgrim
Two Deep

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Rice doesn't represent USC like he should.
BS.

He's always talking up the Gamecocks on twitter.

Some people are unjustifiably butthurt over any player who references their high school during player introductions on televised NFL games.
A. Pilgrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #14
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Oh I'm sorry, I don't stay on twitter.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:59 AM   #15
A. Pilgrim
Two Deep

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Oh I'm sorry, I don't stay on twitter.
Well, my last line would still apply...
A. Pilgrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #16
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
BS.
He's always talking up the Gamecocks on twitter.
Some people are unjustifiably butthurt over any player who references their high school during player introductions on televised NFL games.
Thanks for the truth.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:14 PM   #17
Woody7687
Banned

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Get over it Sidney is a class act and represents our school well. I dont think the Hawks release him either, he is a big time play maker and from the looks of last night besides Russel, and Lynch they need a big time receiver because Tate was shut down without Sidney on the other side.
Woody7687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #18
athenscock2
Blue Chip

Male

athenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talonsathenscock2 has developed his gaff and talons

SR is the man. What he did as a gamecock player is what counts. His into pales in comparasion to his gamecock career. Some posters get their panties in a wad over such stupid issues.
athenscock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #19
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurrierismyhomeboy View Post
Out for the year, and probably has played his last game as a Seahawk. He still will get a Super Bowl ring if they win though. I'm sure the Panthers wouldn't mind having next to Steve Smith next year.
Him and Steve Smith would be a great combo. I didn't know he was a free agent though. I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in New England. All the talk today on ESPN about them and their needs going forward has been a "big receiver."
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #20
warriorcock
Recruit

Male

warriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his claws

Always loved Sidney and what he did while here with the Gamecocks. But I guess I'm in the minority on this one. I view it as a missed opportunity to rep our program & university. I hope Sidney can stay healthy in the future.
warriorcock is offline   Reply With Quote