CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
snruter amabon
DTGCOCKS#32
Acockolypse Now
eightohhthree
NineInchSpurs
Gamecock Billy
SwampFox
Winston (4355)
ESPN reporter adding (2193)
For the love of God! (1963)
SOS: No QB controve (1837)
Waldrop injured (1668)
Just read this. (981)
In light of our matc (889)
Sig I'm giving a Daw (866)
How we won the UGA g (805)
Christian Walker cal (533)
Acock's SEC Wrap Up 2014:
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Clemson requires sex hist
ESPN reporter adding to t
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
In light of our matchup w
If this doesn't give you
Davis dinged up again?
Tony Stewart kills Kevin
Winston

Old 01-20-2014, 01:26 AM   #361
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 - Dexter Wideman - Florida State

Is there any update on his academic situation? Is he more likely than Sawyer to make it in?
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:28 AM   #362
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Is there any update on his academic situation? Is he more likely than Sawyer to make it in?
it's unknown at this time....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:50 AM   #363
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Thanks. But they aren't completely unrelated and it's safe to use deductive reasoning when analyzing his situation. Sure there are lots of reasons as to why he might not do well in the classroom but instead of going through all of them I'll just use the interviews I was referring to in order to draw a fair comparison. You may not agree, which you often don't, but that's not to say the two are completely apples to oranges; as you portray things to be in order to satisfy your bitchy little posts
Oh, struck a nerve apparently. Note to self, don't reply to roosterdude in the future to avoid a PMS attack. clearly i'm the "bitchy" one.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:51 AM   #364
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
it's unknown at this time....
No, apparently he talks clearly in his interviews so all is clear in the classroom. Write that down. It's fact.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #365
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
The analysts on the pay sites seem to all be very certain that he flips based on their comments....I don't think they would say that without a good source, and there is only one legitimate source for that kind of information.
I guess I would just ask what he's waiting for then? He hung out with all of our guys at the Shrine Bowl and liked them. What is left on his docket to determine whether or not he is going to flip? Is he going to wait to NSD while being committed to FSU and then flip at the podium? I don't think that's a very good move myself, I know if the shoe was on the other foot I would prefer a guy just tell us and allow us to move on to another guy.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #366
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I guess I would just ask what he's waiting for then? He hung out with all of our guys at the Shrine Bowl and liked them. What is left on his docket to determine whether or not he is going to flip? Is he going to wait to NSD while being committed to FSU and then flip at the podium? I don't think that's a very good move myself, I know if the shoe was on the other foot I would prefer a guy just tell us and allow us to move on to another guy.
If he is going to flip, the only reason I would think he hasn't done it yet is because he still wants to take a trip to FSU, and if he flipped before then they would tell him not to come. Maybe it's out of respect to FSU, who knows. This is just me speculating, not any inside info or anything.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:58 PM   #367
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
Oh, struck a nerve apparently. Note to self, don't reply to roosterdude in the future to avoid a PMS attack. clearly i'm the "bitchy" one.
The tension is really running high in this one, Cotton!
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:18 PM   #368
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
If he is going to flip, the only reason I would think he hasn't done it yet is because he still wants to take a trip to FSU, and if he flipped before then they would tell him not to come. Maybe it's out of respect to FSU, who knows. This is just me speculating, not any inside info or anything.
He has already been to FSU right?
Old 01-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #369
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
He has already been to FSU right?
FSU OV 1/31

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:11 PM   #370
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
FSU OV 1/31
Yeah, he went on an unofficial visit there in July when he committed.

Amazingly, this kid has visited South Carolina over a dozen (yes...12!) times.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #371
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

12 visits and no commit would have to be a record for us
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:17 PM   #372
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Poster on TBS says he's close friends with Dexter's uncle. Said they absolutely loved the visit and SOS was outstanding. He has never done this before, but he is calling Dexter a Gamecock lock. His only complaint was the players dorms needed upgrading......not exactly an off-the-street comment.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:24 PM   #373
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

I thought that athletic dorms are no longer allowed.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:34 PM   #374
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Athlete dorms are the quads here on campus, most of the football players are all in East Quad, they aren't bad but they're not top-notch like 5 star quality if thats what they want in an athlete dorm

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:36 PM   #375
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
I thought that athletic dorms are no longer allowed.
I think the rule is that no more than half of a dorm can be occupied by student-athletes.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:59 PM   #376
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
12 visits and no commit would have to be a record for us
Spain may be close to that number as well.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:55 AM   #377
O'Aces
Recruit

Male

O'Aces is sharpening his clawsO'Aces is sharpening his clawsO'Aces is sharpening his clawsO'Aces is sharpening his claws

Who's Spain?
Old 01-21-2014, 04:03 AM   #378
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Aces View Post
Who's Spain?
4* OL from Raleigh that was an absolute lock to come to Columbia....until he took an OV to Stanford. They convinced him academics was more important than football, so he ended up going to UNC because he felt their academics were better than USC.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:05 AM   #379
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Aces View Post
Who's Spain?
Possibly Bently Spain? I think that was the kids name. An O-lineman.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #380
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit

Bentley Spain isn't from Raleigh, he played at Providence High in Charlotte. He is also a huge miss because I think he's a really good player. I also know the staff recruited him as hard as possible & it just didn't pan out. But it wasn't from lack of effort.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote