CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
WeStillOwnUSC
Tolley
SwampFox
GamecockGuardsman
taylorssc
GarnetSwarm1990
kingofnerf
TN game weather (1131)
Who is your favorite (884)
Marvel releases movi (408)
Michigan AD Dave Bra (401)
Aliens Are Real (401)
FSU vs. Louisville (310)
Virgin Spaceship Exp (254)
Need a ride tomorrow (176)
Brady Hoke Motivatio (156)
Talking Animals (120)
TN game weather
USC/Tennessee 11/1/2014
Cavs vs. Bulls
Interesting quotes from D
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Uniforms for Tenn
Tennessee - South Carolin
Lattimore to play after S
NCAAF: TENNESSEE @ SOUTH

Old 01-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #121
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 49ers vs Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
6 wins in 18 years, compared to 4 wins in 2 years.. My bad. And since we are talking about NEVER... Win a ring, and holla back.
It really doesn't matter 6 or 4 wins. Until Cam and the panthers win a Super Bowl, thy can't argue that they are a better organization than the 49ers. I wouldn't hold my breathe on Cam getting to a Super Bowl let alone winning one.

Anyone who defends Sherman is responsible for what's wrong with sports and our societal behavior. People are no longer held to standards or expected to act with class.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:50 AM   #122
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Are people seriously trying to argue that the Panthers are a better franchise than the 49ers?
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #123
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

Old 01-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #124
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCock View Post
I may have missed something but initially, I thought Sherman ran across and tapped Crabtree on the butt, as in a "Good Game" situation.

I then saw Crabtree shove Sherman in the face. Sherman pointed that out to the Official with NO REACTION.

I think he did the "Choke Sign" after that, which was probably why they threw the Unsportsmanlike Conduct flag.

Again, I may have missed something but that is the way it appeared to play out to me.
I was thinking that the initial pat on the butt by Sherman was pretty harmless too but we'll more than likely never know what might have been said between Sherman and Crabtree when he gave him that little pat. Methinks that whatever Sherman said more than likely instigated the face shove, or just perhaps that just like Sherman being a tad bit over-emotional, so was Crabtree.

Ultimately I wanted to see the Niners go to the Super Bowl and win. Would have been awesome for Marcus to get a ring his first year there (the only reason I "root" for the Niners at all is because of him). The NFC game was a FAR better game than the AFC one, and I truly hope that we're in for a great Super Bowl. Russell Wilson is a great guy and it'd be awesome for him to get a Super Bowl win so early in his career.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:18 AM   #125
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
It really doesn't matter 6 or 4 wins. Until Cam and the panthers win a Super Bowl, thy can't argue that they are a better organization than the 49ers. I wouldn't hold my breathe on Cam getting to a Super Bowl let alone winning one.

Anyone who defends Sherman is responsible for what's wrong with sports and our societal behavior. People are no longer held to standards or expected to act with class.

He just made the game winning play that sent his team to the Super Bowl. I'm sure Crabtree wasn't talking shit the whole game or anything. If you wouldn't have been overly emotional in that situation I would question why you played the game.
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:31 AM   #126
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latti View Post
He just made the game winning play that sent his team to the Super Bowl. I'm sure Crabtree wasn't talking shit the whole game or anything. If you wouldn't have been overly emotional in that situation I would question why you played the game.
BS cop out excuses. He isn't an animal so he can control his behavior after the game. Anyways he had plenty of time to calm down after making that play. He has no class and it is shown by the way he behaved.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:32 AM   #127
Latti
Uscooper

Male

Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Quote:
BS cop out excuses. He isn't an animal so he can control his behavior after the game. Anyways he had plenty of time to calm down after making that play. He has no class and it is shown by the way he behaved.

Lol your self righteousness is showing.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:38 AM   #128
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latti View Post
Lol your self righteousness is showing.
Believing people are capable of doing more than their primal instincts is self righteous...ok

You only reaffirm what is wrong with our society. People are never held to a standard of behavior. It is the same reason why our education system fails, since people make excuses rather than try to get them to meet a level of expectations.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #129
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

Old 01-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #130
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Sounds like Sherman gives a shout out to LL Bean at the end.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #131
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I cant wait to see what SNL or other people do with this...
Old 01-20-2014, 10:54 AM   #132
1982Gamecock
Recruit

Male

1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws1982Gamecock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Absolutely correct! It doesn't matter what Crabtree may have or may not have said- each person is responsible for his/her own words and actions. His rant with Erin Andrews- and not answering her initial question, just shows he's a very good athlete with an enormous ego who doesn't know how to control himself. He represented himself and therefore the team he represent's poorly. I'm willing to be my bottom dollar that if Peyton torches him with the game winning TD, Manning's post game interview will be humble, thankful and giving props to his quality opponent. I've got no skin in the Super Bowl- I like both teams but wouldn't mind seeing Sherman knocked down a notch or two and growing up a bit! Play with an edge but don't be a jerk!
1982Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:55 AM   #133
Latti
Uscooper

Male

Quote:
Believing people are capable of doing more than their primal instincts is self righteous...ok

You only reaffirm what is wrong with our society. People are never held to a standard of behavior. It is the same reason why our education system fails, since people make excuses rather than try to get them to meet a level of expectations.

Meh that's just the losers cop out. Some people love to talk shit but when someone beats them they can't take the crow and the winner is not "classy".
Old 01-20-2014, 11:40 AM   #134
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
Never really been a fan of Bayless but he could have ripped Sherman apart if he really wanted to.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:55 AM   #135
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

He personifies what everyone says bad about Cam Newton, image if Cam came out for post game pressers looking this, everyone would go ape shit over it. Oh well at least we got a QB.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #136
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

What is wrong with society is that no matter what people say or do, there are sanctimonious judgmental a holes farting in the couches while passing unrestricted judgment.

It never fails.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #137
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Anyone looking for class in the NFL is looking in the wrong sport.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #138
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
What is wrong with society is that no matter what people say or do, there are sanctimonious judgmental a holes farting in the couches while passing unrestricted judgment.

It never fails.
People are judgmental because they expect a millionaire football player to at least somewhat humble in victory, instead of a spittle spewing psycho on national television? He acted like a raging lunatic who had just snorted a pound of cocaine. He has already had the shit slapped out him for talking his crap in the past when they were playing the Redskins. I hope they put the camera in his face after he gets his ass handed to him next week.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:13 PM   #139
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

I would rather see some emotion than the worthless, "One game at a time" BS that makes me turn to reruns of the Andy Griffith show.

Judge on. Throw them stones.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #140
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post

He personifies what everyone says bad about Cam Newton, image if Cam came out for post game pressers looking this, everyone would go ape shit over it. Oh well at least we got a QB.
He needed those headphones in case he wanted to jam to some tunes between questions.