CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
ccured
roosterdude21
U-Dub Gamecock
Thenardier
Spurticus
ucan'tlickourcocks
Cockypantherfan
Stadium Ratings-Site (891)
NBA Wants to Up Age (574)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (505)
Construction of Worl (443)
Save Electricity By (390)
HELP calculating acr (324)
How Experienced In P (294)
40 Ways You Know You (265)
Salut Salon "We (119)
Super-Efficient Ax (108)
South Carolina @ Auburn S
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #2
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Gamecock cheerleader with
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Where will we be preseaso
Kelcy and Vic questioned

Old 01-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #141
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 49ers vs Seahawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post

He personifies what everyone says bad about Cam Newton, image if Cam came out for post game pressers looking this, everyone would go ape shit over it. Oh well at least we got a QB.
I didn't know the Panthers finally realized to get rid of Cam.

I will agree that Kap needs to learn how to carry himself and dress like a professional.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #142
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
What is wrong with society is that no matter what people say or do, there are sanctimonious judgmental a holes farting in the couches while passing unrestricted judgment.

It never fails.
I know. I can't stand people who sit on their couches sanctimoniously judging people for judging athletes who act out on national t.v. That was your point right?
Old 01-20-2014, 12:19 PM   #143
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I would rather see some emotion than the worthless, "One game at a time" BS that makes me turn to reruns of the Andy Griffith show.

Judge on. Throw them stones.
You can show emotions without being a dbag. It isn't an all or nothing option.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:20 PM   #144
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
I know. I can't stand people who sit on their couches sanctimoniously judging people for judging athletes who act out on national t.v. That was your point right?
You missed farting.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:26 PM   #145
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 98700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

It's amazing that 1 on field interview can get so many panties in a wad.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:27 PM   #146
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockinraleigh View Post
It's amazing that 1 on field interview can get so many panties in a wad.
Slow news day.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:29 PM   #147
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
I will agree that Kap needs to learn how to carry himself and dress like a professional.
Totally agree. I'm glad Dion Sanders mentioned that too on the NFL Network. He's the face of the franchise and he looks like a nightclub DJ standing there. Really Kap, you afraid someone's going to steal your Beats by Dre?
Old 01-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #148
paynemd2
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
paynemd2 has feathers coming inpaynemd2 has feathers coming inpaynemd2 has feathers coming in

I don't understand the class argument with football. These guys are grown men who are paid to knock the crap out of each other all game. They use "bad language" and try to intimidate their opponents. It's part of football. Also, anyone looking to athletes to be a role model for kids is looking in the wrong place. You are your kids role model, not athletes. If your kid grows up and is a classless person that's a reflection of you as a parent, not because Richard Sherman gave a 1 minute interview that you deemed classless. Everyone crying with this class crap sounds like a Clemson fan with "well we might not beat you but we are a classier university/fanbase/etc" Whatever bullcrap. Just an excuse for losing and trying to make yourself feel better about your own deficiencies.
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #149
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Totally agree. I'm glad Dion Sanders mentioned that too on the NFL Network. He's the face of the franchise and he looks like a nightclub DJ standing there. Really Kap, you afraid someone's going to steal your Beats by Dre?
he is a paid rep for them. Makes me wonder if he gets more $ by having them predominately on him during interviews, etc.

If Peyton shows up munching in PJ pizza, then something is up.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #150
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
he is a paid rep for them. Makes me wonder if he gets more $ by having them predominately on him during interviews, etc.

If Peyton shows up munching in PJ pizza, then something is up.
I think Manning has a future sponsor in Bud Light now...
Old 01-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #151
paynemd2
Recruit

Male

paynemd2 has feathers coming inpaynemd2 has feathers coming inpaynemd2 has feathers coming in

One of the most celebrated boxers of all time Muhammad Ali said things like this ALL the time.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:52 PM   #152
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynemd2 View Post
One of the most celebrated boxers of all time Muhammad Ali said things like this ALL the time.
Yep and I dislike him just like I hate Miami football from the 80s. It's a lost notion about doing things the right way and winning with class. We can thank Ali for this change, which I consider a bad thing.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #153
markp_vip
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't understand the class argument with football. These guys are grown men who are paid to knock the crap out of each other all game. They use "bad language" and try to intimidate their opponents. It's part of football. Also, anyone looking to athletes to be a role model for kids is looking in the wrong place. You are your kids role model, not athletes. If your kid grows up and is a classless person that's a reflection of you as a parent, not because Richard Sherman gave a 1 minute interview that you deemed classless. Everyone crying with this class crap sounds like a Clemson fan with "well we might not beat you but we are a classier university/fanbase/etc" Whatever bullcrap. Just an excuse for losing and trying to make yourself feel better about your own deficiencies.
So are you a fan of Marcus Lattimore? Just asking because it is possible to be an excellent football player and still carry yourself in a way that garners the respect of opposing fans and players. Not saying every football player has to be like or could be like Marcus, but Sherman is the exact opposite. He's a cheap shot, doping, pass interference artist with a big mouth. I hope Manning lights his ass up. Only difference is after the game Manning won't be talking a bunch of sh*t.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:14 PM   #154
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
I don't recall Ali ever losing his composure like this.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #155
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Yep and I dislike him just like I hate Miami football from the 80s. It's a lost notion about doing things the right way and winning with class. We can thank Ali for this change, which I consider a bad thing.
Did you even play sports???? We love it when Spurriers ribs other teams and takes friendlsy jabs at Dabo. Is Spurrier classless?

The man just made the biggest play of his life and had a microphone put in his face 30 sec, he showed emotion give him a break.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #156
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7687 View Post
Did you even play sports???? We love it when Spurriers ribs other teams and takes friendlsy jabs at Dabo. Is Spurrier classless?

The man just made the biggest play of his life and had a microphone put in his face 30 sec, he showed emotion give him a break.
His emotion was an emotion of "eat it Crabtree" rather than "yay we won," which is why some people find it so offensive. Imagine if immediately after SC won, Spurrier was like "see Dabo, you talk about me, I'm going to shut your mouth real quick." I would love it, but many would be offended by it.

Personally, I think it was hilarious.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #157
markp_vip
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:

Yeah but he did the same exact thing last week talking sh#t about Jimmy Graham and calling him mediocre. Obviously the guy just likes to talk trash, but it just seems stupid to call the league's leader in TD receptions mediocre. I wonder why Seattle, with their great cornerbacks, had to double cover a mediocre TE?
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:43 PM   #158
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

Quote:

Yeah. I was taught to play without being a dbag and to act like you have done if before. You don't have to act like a POS to play sports at a high level; see Peyton Manning. Also the 30 second is BS he sat in the sideline for 5 minutes waiting to say and act like this.

I'm tired of people refusing to hold athletes to a standard. Stop creating excuses and actually make them behavior properly. It isn't just an on field issue that this pass created but off field problems are link to this stupidity.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:49 PM   #159
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I heard Sidney Rice didn't introduce himself with USC...WTF...
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:04 PM   #160
paynemd2
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
I don't recall Ali ever losing his composure like this.
After Ernie Terrell called him Cassius Clay instead of Muhammad Ali before a fight he screamed "whats my name MF'er" to him the whole fight and taunted him for calling him the wrong name. That's just one of many examples